No one runs whimsyshire. Suggestion for a fix.

General Discussion
Bring back the Cow Level instead.
I would play the Secret level if it wasnt making me feel "Wierd"-"Mushy" just dumb. The secret level is "Wierd" totally..... what are rainbows? teddy bears?? unicorns? doing in this type of a game... is someone trying to make a mockery of diablo3? what the hell im sorry but what is going on... seriously... blizzard needs to rethink the secret level and make it DARK FUN EXCITING to play and not make me feel "Wierd" when playing it.
All Whimsy is just some dev coming out of the closet. How something so !@#$%^-*!@#$ly challenged could make it through into a Diablo game.

A slap in the face of David Brevik and fans is what Whimsy is... It isn't even amusing just a WTF happened here.
No need to fix what is not broken. :)
You want players to run ponies? Put a portal opening location in every act, not just Act 1.

If it opened in Act 3, I would go there alot more...
This was a answer to the "Ooh Diablo 3 is too colourful!" complains of the community.
02/07/2013 09:01 AMPosted by NeLLy
I would play the Secret level if it wasnt making me feel "Wierd"-"Mushy" just dumb. The secret level is "Wierd" totally..... what are rainbows? teddy bears?? unicorns? doing in this type of a game... is someone trying to make a mockery of diablo3? what the hell im sorry but what is going on... seriously... blizzard needs to rethink the secret level and make it DARK FUN EXCITING to play and not make me feel "Wierd" when playing it.
As if the immersion wasn't ruined enough by those constant quest selections and cut scenes.
The best part of that whole experience whas the cow ghost.

So yeah, bring back those cows! Much more fun ;)
I just finished Inferno Act IV last night, and I have plans to do at least a daily Whimsyshire run. I've had fairly good luck with drops in it in earlier difficulties (just bought the Hell staff last night), and it's just hilarious to be slaughtering teddy bears and unicorns. Those things splatter like everything else should, but rarely does. I miss standing in a huge pile of gore like my Paladin did in Diablo 2. :D

Whimsyshire is awesome. I wouldn't object to some upgrades to it, but as has also been noted, it's also good for getting Nephalem Valor up.
02/06/2013 10:57 PMPosted by blood
Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Make gems drop more often there and people will go there to farm them.
I like Whimsyshire and my buddies and I play it often. The 4 'my-little-pony' bosses are awesome and they dropped a sweet spectrum that I used to level up a monk in no time and then sold for 40mill.

If you have a computer that can run the game on max settings then the gore in there is hilarious.
02/07/2013 09:27 AMPosted by wmh
No need to fix what is not broken. :)

But it is broken.
95% of the zones in D3 aren't runned by like 3/4 of the playerbase.
And 99% of the playerbase doesn't run whimsyshire.
This solution would ( partly ) fix both.

Blizzard really seem to have problems finding out a solution to make people play all zones.
Now they added great recipe that drops from bosses...
So people will clear the areas with bosses... like 8 times.
Then back to alkaizer/wtv they run.

This would be a long-term solution that would make people run more zones.
Your trying to play D3 when your three year old son/daughter comes into the room wanting your attention and sits on your lap.

So you fire up whimsyshire.

Lookey, lookey at the cute ponies and flower people and look there, your favorite cuddly teddy bear.....

Then once the three year old is laughing and being happy at the cute things running around on the screen, get your big nasty two handed sword out and lop them into bit with blood, legs, heads and torso's flying in all directions.

Guaranteed the three year old will run away crying to mummy and leave you alone to play D3 in peace.

....Well, untill the missus walks in and gives you a two hour ear bashing that is......
I'd love to see some buff to Whimsy, a second level like other dungeons or a boss, but it's there mostly for funsies. I don't usually run the beginning of Act 1 and 2 either because they are slow and mostly rare/elite-less. (The beginning of Act 3 sucks also because the mobs are worthless, but alas, that's where the Keywarden is.)

I usually don't do Whimsy just because I don't want to warp to town to get my staff (I have the Infernal one.) But honestly it's not bad, Act IV-ish XP and several elites/rares, and a chance for a resplendent pinata. It's more laziness than worthlessness that keeps me from going.
I don't do the runs because i can't stand the place. The cow lvl was fun if not hard sometimes but whimyshire is just disappointing, it looks like it was created by someone who was wasted.
Redesign - get the hell rid of the rainbows and ponies, keep it consistent with the rest of the game in regards to looks.

I hope you're trolling. Otherwise you clearly missed out on the entire point.

Limit - Limit the use of the Staff of Herding to one use per day per account.

With better drops, not a bad idea; like MMO lockouts. Except I don't want my ARPG getting any closer to WoW than it already is, and wouldn't mind if it took a few steps back. Because, OPP-O-SITES ATTRACT!!!!