Placed 100mil bid, didn't get item or refund

General Discussion
Anyone else have this happen to them?

Someone was trying to snipe an axe I bid on in the last minute, so I tossed on a 100mil bid with less than half a minute to go.

The screen stayed on the post-bid submission screen for about 30 seconds, with the "working" logo spinning around, finally the screen went through and I got an error that the AH was experiencing high traffic.

I go to my auction screen to see what it sold for. The axe said "WINNING YOUR BID 100,000,000 LAST BID 76,XXX,XXX EXPIRED"

So apparently my bid came in on time, but I didn't get the axe. I also didn't get my 100million gold back.

The axe doesn't show up in my transaction list as "Purchased" or "Outbid" The darn thing is just gone along with my money.

:'(
No one here can help you. Contact support.
The auction house has been under heavy stress for the last few weeks, and because of this it is taking MUCH longer to receive items back (either by winning or losing). Bliz has told people to wait up to 72 hours before putting in a ticket. I've had some items that have taken 2 days to get back to me in the last week or so.
I have had this problem. You won the bid but it might take up to 5 days maximum. No point creating ticket cos they won't be able to help you. If it doesn't return to you by end of 5 days, then you need to report on bug report forum for further escalation. But I think you should get your item in a few days time. A lot of people have faced this and have their items returned late.
Thank you for the positive feedback. My house got burglarized today, so it's nice to have some good replies to check now that I am online.

I will keep an eye out for the item showing up. Hopefully it will.
This just happened to me too. Threw in a last second bid and just like you the thing took an eternity to resolve. It showed "Winning/Expired", but the money is gone and I don't have the item either. Guess I just wait now.
one question: why would you waste 100mil on only a weapon when I could gear a barb better than yours for only 50mil? I'm not trying to offend, but your gear choices are, for lack of a better word, terrible. eg, your pants have no sockets or mainstat. I do hope your ah situation works out, but I can't feel sorry for you because that 100mil probably would have been a waste anyway.
UPDATE: About 20 hours after my initial issue with the AH, I have now received the weapon.

I did a bid on some follower gear today that have not shown up in my stash yet, but I am sure it will be as the first issue I had. SO rest assured if you're having this issue, it should show up, just a waiting game.

02/05/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Raptor
one question: why would you waste 100mil on only a weapon when I could gear a barb better than yours for only 50mil? I'm not trying to offend, but your gear choices are, for lack of a better word, terrible. eg, your pants have no sockets or mainstat. I do hope your ah situation works out, but I can't feel sorry for you because that 100mil probably would have been a waste anyway.

I agree about my gear, but the only thing I spent over a million on was the new mainhand that I posted this thread about, the offhand, and gems.

If you would like to help me build a better barb, I would appreciate your suggestions.

I have been pouring over guides from Uberjager, Phatpho, Wayneold, Moldran, etc... Everyone has their own tweak on the theory of budget and how to do it. I unfortunately have been combining everything and getting nowhere.
Got my item 3 days later, just wait you'll eventually get it.
I had a vile ward go missing for 4 days. I got it back eventually. According to a blue, no one has lost anything on the ah. you will probably get it back after 10 days, in anycase, feel free to start a support ticket after 72hrs.