Account Bound Items. Why the Idea is BAD!

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
Lammy is awesome!!!!

All this talk about choice and you know what...all im seeing is people choosing not to play the game. When it comes down to the long haul the things the dev team is putting is do not agree with end game playing.

Please see
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811542581

People asking for BoA items got it with the hellfire ring. Now hook up the long time diablo fans and go back to your roots!

02/06/2013 12:00 AMPosted by steakncheese
I don't see how Bind-on-Equip fits in an always online, pseudo-MMORPG where you are basically guaranteed to get something that will not usable by yourself.

and LOL -^ doesnt that say it all? idk add stuff that everyone kinda likes instead of something only a few people like alot then expand on it
oh yeah and in case anyone didn't notice the economy in dialbo 3 it totaly fkd and BoA items arn't going to help duh. talk about the rich getting richer and the poor slowly gearing up to the point where its not fun.

its just like saying okay well give everyone better drops on items but we have to charge 35% on ah now instead of 15%...you know what why don't you do that?
because of BOA items, statistics should be less random
Honestly I don't understand why nerf the drop rate of demonic essences. If you want them to be account bound then at least let them drop more frequently, cause farming MP5-8 takes forever.

A better option would be to make them drop like Tomes of Secrets. This way people could make MUCH more BOA items thus SPEND MUCH MORE GOLD on crafting...

People who love crafting might also think of buying gold from RMAH, if they were extremely unlucky with their rolls. This would actually benefit Blizz even more...

If you want to encourage people to play highier MP levels, bring back the old drop rate of demonic essences and just keep the current new Plans drop rate. This way people who just want the to farm demonic essences will play lower MP lvls or highier if they can and won't be FORCED to play at highier MP lvls just to get the reagents to craft the new BoA items. Otherwise make the demonic essences "sellable" on AH and RMAH just like the Tomes of secret...

Yesterday I did a run on my CM Wiz on MP5 on PTR and from over 15 elite packs only got 1 Demonic Essence. It's really frustrating if you like crafting and can't craft anything cause you loose time at highier MP lvls and end up getting nothing anyways...
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

Others have said it, I'll say it again, you and the whole team are wrong, plain and simple. Fix the d@mn roll ranges and get over the WOW bind on account crap.
I will not be crafting anything that I cannot trade.

I fear that i will roll something godly for a class that i do not use after spending 100 million to finally get a decent roll and I will have absolutely no use for it and cannot trade it either. Whats the point? Are these account bound items guaranteed to roll crit/crit damage and att speed? I doubt it.
BoA is to please people whining about AH/RMAH users.You want self-found? Well there's your self-found. Now get crafting!

"The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), "WTF??? Who???

I am one of those fellows who want to find my own gear but I totally agree with both of you that BoA is wrong.
Who cares if items can be sold.
If you don't want to take part in the trading game, don't trade. Is as simple as that.

Imo, the fact that an item is BoA does nothing for no-ah players while at the same time limiting the options for those that want to trade.

If people want to sell their semi-goldy crafts which they can't or don't want to use for their own chars, let them. It's just another item on the market.
Worst idea ever! BoA has no place in Diablo games. You're not listening to your fans! Such as shame, Blizzard used to be good at action RPGs...

- gems and crafted items should be easily tradeable in-game; also could be blocked from AH or get a bigger sale fee (like 30-50% instead of 15%)
- demonic essence is again, a lazy idea that invalidates already existing and rare, yet undervalued material (tear); remove demonic essence from the game
- hellfire rings could be AH-sell-able too, again, super big fee applied; hellfire rings should salvage into one random organ (requested million times and again, you don't listen)
- we should have a proper chat rooms with our characters presented
- proper game search with ability to name games (more visibility to duel & trading games)
- all gems should have a meaningful affix for weapon, not just emerald and ruby (which sucks anyway BTW< again you don't listen)
- whats the use for white weapons? NONE.
- why most legendary items are worthless? when they drop even before ID we're sure we just got a brimstone, what a failed itemization you got there... again you didn't listen.

These are just some random items from top of my head, but I could go on like that for hours, but again like I said, you don't listen so why waste my time. Other's feel same way so prepare to lose all the feedback at some point.

Good job.
One of the great things about crafting is the multiple functions it can serve. A healthy resource sink at this point in the game’s life cycle seems like it would be a good thing, and the 1.0.7 bind-on-account crafting recipes and gems should help in that regard. The crafting recipes also provide you the chance to roll a best-in-slot item that you can't buy or sell on the Auction House (something which players have been asking for), and the Marquise gem of course will be the highest tier available in the game.

As time goes on and the game changes, it is likely crafting will as well. We feel that bind-on-account items are the right thing for the game at this moment, but of course we want to keep adapting with the community and the economy as they evolve. In the meantime, and as always, it would be great to hear your ideas about crafting, and we encourage you to keep talking about what you'd like to see out of the system. :)

Well you better take that "Feeling" you have about BoA items being right for the game, and smash your face against the table till it goes away. You kids that took over this epic series are destroying it with your "feelings" BoA belongs in your panda bear game not a treasure finding/trading game.
Marquise jewels probably account bound because one person finds out how to dupe they are rich. Fix the security and stop with this BoA nonsense.

And really, linear and weak attribute gains for exponential $ increase?....lame

oh and fix the server status page u lazy bassards! almost 24 hours and someone cant push a GD button??
Crafting would be SOOOOOOO much better if we could take an item and reroll just 1 stat.

Say you have a Vile ward with
280 Dex
55 Vit
256 life regen
200 armor
1349 thorns

Alas I am a poison monk and this would better suit me if it didnt have thorns and had posion resist.

I want to just reroll the thorns for a chance to maybe get poison resist. (Affix could be random)

Maybe the vit is too low for me and I want to reroll the vit. (Reroll garunteed same stat but different number)

Same for weapons. Reroll a sword with STR DEX and VIT. If your a barb, reroll the dex for maybe something better like crit damage.

Adding gems to the recipe could really flesh this out.

The higher the gem used the better the roll.

The type of gem used could affect the roll you get.

High level gems, gold cost, and maybe brimstones/goblin toes/or demonic essence would make it so people cant just make all there gear BiS over night.

Please and thank you.
I suggested before that BOA items is a way to keep "part of the D3 community" interested in the game because I personally feel that the thrill of finding equips that "only you could have" was lost in D3. So, for players like me BOA items seem to do what it was intended to.

If other players want to have good gear to sell in the AH/RMAH, then it just means that crafting BOA gears is not for you guys. Simple as that. Do the old crafting or hunt for gears those are your options.

The none saleability of BOA items should not be an issue because having an alternative to find gears to be sold in the AH is not the reason why these items were suggested in the first place.
This idea is one of the best idea in the game because AH addiction is not fun.

Account bound items should be the best items we can find in the game.
02/05/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Grimiku

Translation: we hold the economy more important than itemization.