Item Dupes in AH? Fix Anytime Soon?

General Discussion

Veda, lol. Are you just trolling or what? It may be true that some of the duplicate postings are due to AH display glitch.

However, it also remains a stark fact that many items actually have been duped. Example: Tripox ring, 11% mf, 6%ias, 4.5%cc, 66AR <-- this ring and its ~20 dupes began appearing ~3 weeks ago. I bought the first one, because after I bought it, I saw that I was the only one on Dprogress with a history of wearing it. Next day I saw 2 of the same ring I was now wearing posted, one at lower price, one higher. Indeed, later that day, 2 new people appearedon Dprogress with the same ring.

Over the course of ~3 weeks, that number has grown to ~10-20 people. You can check for yourself. Same holds true for a 5CC dex mempo. To argue that it's just genuine multiple identical rolls of the same items appearing in the same short window of time is ludicrous to anyone with a half-decent understanding of statistics.

There are 2 issues. The one you are pointing out is known via account roll back.

In another words, someone scammed Blizzard on this.

So, to fix this, we always go to the root of it --- Scammer.

Shall we report to FBI for fraud and scamming?

Another possible explanation and you would not believe it: random is random. In a way, the item is randomly rolled and it is not using a true random engine. (So it is mathematically possible to have identical items)

You can argue till the cow come home that no way is due to random, and you need to convince me that no way someone could win the powerball draws.

The take away is, blue does not response to dupes thread, beside it is AH display issue.

By the way, the diabloprogress is listing the item on players who owned or owning the item. So, it does not refresh/removed the previous owner from it.

Look at their profiles. I made a very careful effort, as did the other poster, to point out the fact that with fresh updates, it is undeniably true that ~10-15 players wear the same exact item, obtained within the same exact 1-2 week window.

Fact is: Dupes are real. AH display bug may be real too, but it is another matter entirely. I guess we agree, although you personally have not dug enough to see evidence for dupes on Dprog. Refresh a few profiles and see for yourself that multiple of the same items are equipped by multiple unique characters.
02/04/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Deadtomato
20 is still less than the number SoJ's, raven spirals, carrion songs, etc. that were available.

SoJs aren't really a good example because they're several orders of magnitude more likely to roll exactly the same than any rare item.
Comparing it to it being possible to win the powerball lottery is a very poor analogy. More proper would be the comparison to lightning striking the same tree within a 5 minute period ~5 times. Sure, it's possible.
Comparing it to it being possible to win the powerball lottery is a very poor analogy. More proper would be the comparison to lightning striking the same tree within a 5 minute period ~20 times. Sure, it's possible.

Are you honestly arguing that it's hard for SoJs to roll the same stats? Think about it:
Class roll: 1-5
Skill roll: 1-5 -> % range
Resource roll: depends on class, probably the most likely to be different between two rings
Elite bonus: 20-30%
Damage bonus: 1-6 -> % range

It is by no means winning the lottery, if the odds of winning the lottery were that good everyone would be filthy rich.
02/04/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Paradox
20 is still less than the number SoJ's, raven spirals, carrion songs, etc. that were available.

SoJs aren't really a good example because they're several orders of magnitude more likely to roll exactly the same than any rare item.

I guess you don't know what SoJ I was talking about...
02/04/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Paradox
Comparing it to it being possible to win the powerball lottery is a very poor analogy. More proper would be the comparison to lightning striking the same tree within a 5 minute period ~20 times. Sure, it's possible.

Are you honestly arguing that it's hard for SoJs to roll the same stats? Think about it:
Class roll: 1-5
Skill roll: 1-5 -> % range
Resource roll: depends on class, probably the most likely to be different between two rings
Elite bonus: 20-30%
Damage bonus: 1-6 -> % range

It is by no means winning the lottery, if the odds of winning the lottery were that good everyone would be filthy rich.

what in flaming christ are you on about? i'm referring to the fact that ~20 trifecta pox with the exact same affix values appeared within ~2 weeks on AH/RMAH, and that many of these rings are now seen, updated recently, concurrently worn by ~10-15 players.

Some guy compared that to winning the powerball, on the assumption that "what if they're all genuinely unique & real drops that happened to all roll the same stats in that timeframe --> it's like winning the powerball lottery"

My response is that statistically, it seems like a horrid comparison. Better would be the one i provided
Look at their profiles. I made a very careful effort, as did the other poster, to point out the fact that with fresh updates, it is undeniably true that ~10-15 players wear the same exact item, obtained within the same exact 1-2 week window.

Fact is: Dupes are real. AH display bug may be real too, but it is another matter entirely. I guess we agree, although you personally have not dug enough to see evidence for dupes on Dprog. Refresh a few profiles and see for yourself that multiple of the same items are equipped by multiple unique characters.

Ok, then we just need to prove the item is not due to random or prove that these guys/someone dupes the items.

If Blizz has assigned a unique primary id to each of the item created in the game, then they can tell is the item duped or not (duped item will have same primary id because it is "duplicated" instead of "generated" from drops)

Proving random is working or not working is just silly. (How to prove the random is correctly random?)

Ok, Blizz, I guess you are already working on this and as usual, you will not talk or comment about exploit in games.
I am in the process of buying a dupe. The lacunis, I have been bidding on this item, (same stats) for about one week. How can I bid on the same stat items for one full week? Its a dupe silly.

On a side note: Do you guys consider a duper a criminal? I heard someone say that about one, almost knocked me out of my seat laughing.

Have fun always or quit!

PS I would have thotught Bliz lost all credibility long long time ago to all but looking at some posts, some people actually believe what they still say...this is a lol....
Statistical arguments are perfectly valid, and are often called upon, in court. You often can't prove anything to the point of 100% certainty -- you can rule out what is highly unlikely, however, due to statistical improbability. You can weigh options and side with the most parsimonious explanation. In the instance I described, it is far more parsimonious and probable that duping is at play rather than a pink-unicorn level of randomness.
02/04/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Hamlet
Don't you think that if people knew how to dupe that there would be thousands of duped trifectas saturating the AH?

Nope, they dupe an item a couple times, then sell them all, then buy a new item to dupe. No one with a dupe method would be stupid enough to dupe the same item over and over.

Basically, any duper could dupe any item that they get their hands on for extremely quick profit, and many people would never suspect a thing.

Why dupe 1 valuable item 1,000 times causing huge suspicion and drop in demand when you can dupe 1,000 different items for maximum profit on all transactions and no one would ever suspect a thing?
WTF PEOPLE

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/22609620

Mempo

194 STR
77 All Res
IAS 8%
+12% life
CHC 6%
O/S

It's a beast Mempo, and 15 PEOPLE are using it!! It shows on each and every ones profile.
Check for your selfs:

simonchiu#6992 SimonChiu Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 1 day
tyson#1492 Chino Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 3 hours
terryhu#1164 terryhu Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 5 hours
bmbsqdnvy#1650 Converge Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 4 hours
sochaehoo#1622 MUSA Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 1 hour
bankai#2591 Kenpachi Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 4 hours
malachix#1201 CowKing Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 5 hours
vampire#6939 Vampire Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 57 mins
agenttk1#1136 AgentTK Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 1 hour
illjadan#1804 Alurai Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 54 mins
ace#6245 AcE Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 5 hours
neo#2196 Dmimit Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 2 days
superspartan#1463 Kratos Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 2 days
ratonwarrior#2905 codexx Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 8 hours
matzaball#1414 Deuce Barbarian (US sc) Last time played: 3 days

These are $#@$# dupes, not account rollbacks, not AH lag, $@#@$ dupes and there are MANY more. Don't spin some crap about "uhh why aren't there thousands of these", it's simple, DO YOU HAVE 1 or 2 BILLION TO BUY THIS ITEM. They dupe them and control what they put out on the market. That's why only a few excist, but they do excist...
^sorry tenacious, it remains a theoretical possibility that all of those mempos could have been uniquely rolled, and it could be just a coincidence that all rolls happen to be identical

That's Veda's argument ;D
Mempo is probably the worst example...You can only have 1 random stat and the range on the guaranteed stats are quite narrow.
Only two parties have any motive to say "there are not dupes" - Blizzard and Duper

Which one is you?
02/05/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Deadtomato
Mempo is probably the worst example...You can only have 1 random stat and the range on the guaranteed stats are quite narrow.

Try this example: Lacunis - Dex 26, Vit 46, All Resist 78%, dta 1210, 6% CC

5 Variables that can roll the world............

I believe the duper got his hands on this item about a week ago. He has sold at least two through a public auction meaning his starting bid price was low for only two. So you will start to see them. Ill keep trying to buy one but was unsuccessful in the previous two auctions.
02/05/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Deadtomato

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mempo-of-twilight

Yes 1 random magic property, in this case CHC (Rolled Max)
But it still has to roll between STR, DEX, INT and then still roll between 170 - 200;
IAS 8-9;
AR 71-80
%life 10-12

I think this Mempo is as good an example as anything else, it's a great helmet and there are 15 of them equipped right now o.0
BEAT THAT DEAD HORSE

Everyone knows there are rollback dupes. Using rollback dupes as proof of more duping now is retarded. The AH is glitching. Take your stupid monkey hysteria elsewhere.

IF THERE ARE SO MANY DUPES, GO BUY 2 ITEMS AND POST A SCREENSHOT IF THEM IN YOUR INVENTORY OR ON THE GROUND -- NOT ON THE AH.

SHOULD BE EASY CUZ THERE ARE SOOOO MANY DUPES RIGHT?
You think any player has minimum 2 bil gold to buy two items?

I have been bidding on the same lacunis for one week now. Is that AH bug or lag? For one week, the same stat lacunis? Or I just like to lie in a public forum?

I'll try to link my completed tab with the dates if i can.

There are only two parties motivated to say "there are no dupes" - which is you?
Wow the items are still 2 bil?? These dupers suck!

I've seen plenty of crap items that are showing up 'duped' on the AH, but no one gets their panties in a bunch over crappy yellows.

02/05/2013 01:59 AMPosted by dawgiestyle
There are only two parties motivated to say "there are no dupes" - which is you?

I hope you realize how dumb this statement is. Go look up false dichotomy and then end yourself.
Wow the items are still 2 bil?? These dupers suck!

I've seen plenty of crap items that are showing up 'duped' on the AH, but no one gets their panties in a bunch over crappy yellows.

I hope you realize how dumb this statement is. Go look up false dichotomy and then end yourself.

Another mis-direct again?