Imagine a Bucket...

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 15 Next
02/08/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Pax
I don't get it. Am I the bucket?

No, you are the chair, and the OP is Clint Eastwood.
haha terrible example to explain inflation, but you are absolutely right.

Blizzard wants overpriced items, of course, because they profit from those transactions.

Since this game is, at an advanced level, focused on loot, they will not be fixing the crappy itemization any time soon.

And the corrupt legacy of jay wilson lives on...
The viability of crafting would be nice or even BoE. It was most likely mentioned by now. That would be a nice way to hamper the lifetimes of the existing immortal items. Though, I believe implementation of that feature would be fun. Whatever the solution I'm almost certain we won't see it any time soon if ever, but I salute your effort.

Sincerely Lame,
The solution I would give to this would be to make items destructible again, but then again I see their dilemma, since there is real money involved, those who bought a 500 bucks item would be really pissed off if their item got broken (though this should not be a problem because the game clearly indicates you when the durability of your items is low). This would cause the following effects:
- Higher item flow in the AH
- Massive lowering of item costs in AH (with the exception of those indestructible like the grandfather)
- Lower in game drops would useful for when your main gear got broken, even maybe white items could be useful with some tweaks or new functionality.
- Maybe other benefits I can't foresee now.

Cons
- Given that the game is way too dependent in items and good drops, the current level would need to be nerfed vastly I think,that or bringing back stat points, that way real builds (and not item based builds) would return (additionally this would encourage players to create several characters of the same class, as the game is right now I don't see the point of creating more than one of each eith the exception of choosing a different gender to listen to another voice actor)
- People would cry a lot because their over 9000 hours/half million dollars invested to get uber items and lost them because they broke.

Anyway, just my opinion, I'm not the game designer (I wish I would though :P)
02/08/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Lame
The viability of crafting would be nice or even BoE. It was most likely mentioned by now.

BoE was mentioned very early on by Brevik (way before the D3 economy was destroyed). He got a big "F that loser!" from JW.
02/07/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Matticles
I really don't like the prospect of everything being readily available for sale. It kind of cheapens the game and devoids it of any accomplishment. That's just me personally though.

This is very true. There is to much of a glut of items in the auction house. There is only one way and one way only to fix this.

Take a page out of wow. Make the items either Soul Bound or BOE. Once equipped they automatically become soul bound. Now the items can be either salvaged for materials or sold for gold. Its up to the player.

I am not going to start on a rant about the crafting system....but once again...take a page out of wow crafting scheme to help :-)
this will not work as the new crafting BOA's will only remove trash from Ah or even worse players will start picking up blue items and salvage those

the new BOA's will be the new BIS so in a few weeks everyone will have them this overflowing the AH even more as the items replaced ny the new BOS's would sell harder and harder
Why not allow players to carry their own buckets from time to time, keeping their water supply as pure as they wish it to be?

In my mind this could be accomplished by allowing a non-AH mode to be selected prior to generating any game. When this selection is made, all items found during that play session will be BOA. In order to make this option desirable, the quality (not the quantity) of items found would be increased. The item quality would remain unchanged when this option is off (current state).

This, combined with the new BOA crafting, would offer players different choices depending on their playstyles. Individual playthroughs have the potential to be more rewarding, but you give up the opportunity to sell that great drop for 100M gold and fill your coffers. I would like to point out that since the odds of finding top notch gear would still be remote, the demand for those items on the RMAH and GAH would still very much exist.
02/07/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Drothvader
I really don't like the prospect of everything being readily available for sale. It kind of cheapens the game and devoids it of any accomplishment. That's just me personally though.

why is this a problem, other people buying gear doesn't affect your gameplay? if anything it probably creates a larger pool of people at endgame, which is never a bad thing considering the population of the game has dropped so rapidly in the past few months.

personally though i would just keep the rare items i found for my alts instead of selling them on the AH for money, but i dont like how little stash space i have or have to use that for a means to putting gear on a level one etc, everythingis relative so i can just buy it back later... (well best to sell now probably since gold value will only go down...)
Need more storage for the players. (more tabs)
02/07/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Drothvader
Now, after 5 days, our bucket might fill completely with water.

You forget all auctions are terminated after 1d12h. People will lower prices, finally stop relisting item and vendor it. And not try to sell similar items as well after a while.

Problem solved.
Reading this thread makes me sad. So much narrow-minded WoW influence on a Diablo game ... I think I'm quitting soon.

BTW, the answer is make a bigger bucket. I leave it up to you to interpret.

if this was WoW ... we would know exactly what we are crafting and what stats are on the items and there wouldn't be 32,281 SKORNS out there all with different stats. :)

Not seeing WoW here at all in reality.
Empty the bucket (ladder reset).
BoE was mentioned very early on by Brevik (way before the D3 economy was destroyed). He got a big "F that loser!" from JW.

Jay was right.
And the economy is fine as it is. I can sell things (unless they are junk of course). I can buy good things at a reasonable price. Even without luck at finding things I could spend the amount of money that buys a piece of cake and a cup of coffee to buy gold on RMAH and use this to equip a good char. I don't know why so many are whining about the economy.

So given our dilemma, how would you stop the bucket from overflowing?

You might have to first explain why an overflowing bucket is bad? Is it that wasting water that is bad? if the water source is everliving then water wasted isn't as important as you think. In fact if you have abundance of water such that you can't hold it all then that gives you an opportunity to let it flow to those who might be thirsty while creating goodwill in the community and potential friendships!