New to the monk class? Let me help!

Monk
Hello, I have been playing my monk a while and I know how to gear him so he can get very high unbuffed dps of over 50k as well as break the 1m ehp barrier necessary to survive MP5-7. Just post in this thread and I will check your profile and suggest what gear upgrades you need. Some of you can get huge upgrades for 200k or less gold and if you are too broke to upgrade yourself, I will buy your upgrades so we can do MP5 keyruns and even ubers together.
I'd love some inferno entry level tips as i will be hitting 60 soon, honestly I've just been stacking dmg mostly to burn my way through MP 10 as i level up, thanks in advance!
How about mine? Is this build ok? I can only do MP5 runs but have trouble doing MP6 and above....What improvements do you think should i make gear wise?
i guess me? :)
I can't do act 3 mp 5.
Can you help me? I got cash to spend lol, maybe I can add you and help me? lol
I wouldnt not mind getting some advice on what i can do better... any suggestions would be awesome thank you!
02/09/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Ace
Hello, I have been playing my monk a while and I know how to gear him so he can get very high unbuffed dps of over 50k as well as break the 1m ehp barrier necessary to survive MP5-7.

Are you counting dodge and our innate 30% damage reduction in this figure?
If I may throw in some advice to those of you seeking help . . .

When seeking help, make sure you provide the following information:

1. What is it you are trying to do? Speed runs on MP0? One shot everything on MP10? Kill everything on MP5, regardless of how long it takes or number of deaths? Play with no mantras? There are a lot of different way to play through the game, and knowing your preference will help others give you advice.

2. What is keeping you from accomplishing what you want to do? When you say "I can't beat MP3," does that mean you can't one-shot facetank your way through a three pack of elites, or does it mean you can't kill the skeleton king no matter how hard you try? Are you having problems with specific mobs, affixes, or bosses? Is the problem not that you die too much, but that you kill to slow? Once again, knowing what is actually "beating" you will help others give you advice.

At the most basic level, all of the advice you're going to get is going to take one of three forms:

1. get better gear
2. change your spec
3. play better

Providing as much information about your goals and current problems will help make sure you get the right combination of those things.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dowdy-1189/hero/11691217

so I want to be able to handle elites on at least mp5 and higher solo or groupwise. I recently upgraded my of a few pieces(the innas and shenlongs weapons). I'm mainly lookings to level high paragon fast as possible as well, and do key runs for hellfire rings. I think I can handle mp3 solo. I feel I'm lacking life, and my resist could be better, I know they are not all the same resist type, which I'm trying to work on. is there obe particular resist thats better to stack? Or does it not matter with One With Everything?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dowdy-1189/hero/11691217

so I want to be able to handle elites on at least mp5 and higher solo or groupwise. I recently upgraded my of a few pieces(the innas and shenlongs weapons). I'm mainly lookings to level high paragon fast as possible as well, and do key runs for hellfire rings. I think I can handle mp3 solo. I feel I'm lacking life, and my resist could be better, I know they are not all the same resist type, which I'm trying to work on. is there obe particular resist thats better to stack? Or does it not matter with One With Everything?

I think you've got yourself pegged. Your life is extremely low, and your resists could use a bump. You might also see some nice benefits from a little more sustain (life on hit, life per spirit spent, or life steal), although that would be more of a nice bonus. In any event, get your life up around 30-40K and your resists up over 500, and you'll absolutely cruise through MP5.

Just by way of comparison, I just completed a full clear of MP5 (minus the ubers) this week in the gear you'll see in my profile (I play self found). The hardest part for me was Belial because my dps is at pretty close the to the bare minimum needed to beat his enrage. So your dps is more than adequate for MP5, you just need to get your life and resists up.
For any questions check the compendium of monk guides :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376?page=1

To get started to Inferno and build progression check Jedi Monk Academy:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037253

I recommend the academy since they post builds that usually dont require any expensive gear at all, perfect to get started in Inferno and mp5 likes.

quick note: Im able to farm mp8-10 easily with 400-600 k EHP, 1 M its not really a requirement.
hello here is my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juli3n9-1947/hero/15949225

would love to know how i can upgrade! :)
SYNDICATE, you have to be very rich to farm mp10 without dying every 10 seconds. Even my monk can't farm MP above 7 and I spent tens of millions on his gear. The gear he's using now is only for tempest rush at mp0. You will need a complete overhaul of gear and also use the OWE passive.

ChieAn, almost all of your gear is wrong. Why do you have different types of resists? All your resists need to be the same! Your helm is very, very nice! You should be a poison monk so you can keep your helm(huge dps there!) This means you will need to regear with poison resist on the rest of your items. Add me as a friend and I will help you in game.

Jozon, your amulet and some other items are missing lightning resist! Your chest armor hardly gives you any damage. You are also missing vitality on some items.

jackraziel, you will need to upgrade all your items to do mp5, add me in game as friend.

iMattF, I met you in game! I saw your profile and sadly, the items he got you are missing vitality. I hope he didn't spend all your gold because you will need to sell those items and let me buy you items cheaper that have 50-60 cold resist and lots of vitality! Your ring is missing cold resist. Both weps missing vitality. Your amulet missing life on hit and vitality, etc.

To everyone else, I can help each and everyone of you, just add me in game as friend! :)
I just helped someone gear up, his dps and ehp went way up! He thought he could not find any upgrades for under 100m, but I proved him wrong with cheap upgrades costing only a few million that gave a huge boost! ;)
very nice, Ace. I endorse your effort here to help those in need. ;D The Force has potential in you. Don't let the rich and greedy say anything about your stats. >:)
02/09/2013 11:26 PMPosted by ChieAn
How about mine? Is this build ok? I can only do MP5 runs but have trouble doing MP6 and above....What improvements do you think should i make gear wise?

change your chest . innas is only a couple of mil for a basic one and that would give you 100+ dex and 3 socs.

you weapons need to be upgraded also . just did a quich ah search you can get axe that has
971 dps
600 loh
50% crit dmg
open soc
3 mil
02/11/2013 03:56 AMPosted by sono

change your chest . innas is only a couple of mil for a basic one and that would give you 100+ dex and 3 socs.

you weapons need to be upgraded also . just did a quich ah search you can get axe that has
971 dps
600 loh
50% crit dmg
open soc
3 mil

And that weapon is missing dex and vit. Besides, 2h weps would give way more dps.
02/11/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Ace
And that weapon is missing dex and vit. Besides, 2h weps would give way more dps.

Sorry to step in here, but I just want to make one small comment here. Vit on weapon is a very thorny issue, and I would highly recommend against putting what I call "essential" vit on weapons, but rather, treat vit on weapons as a bonus on top of the vit you already have on the rest of your gear and that as vit that you can live without.

I have seen many monks creating threads asking for advice, and upon inspecting gear, noticed that on some monks, they skimped on vit in the EHP slots of a monk (shoulders, chest, belt pants, etc), and instead stacked high vit on 2 1h weapons (up to 400 vit altogether). This can make those weapons virtually immovable and it make it virtually impossible to achieve high DPS.

So fulfill all of your vit requirements on everything else on your monk first. And when it comes to weapons, treat vit as a bonus stat, never ever as a requirement.

Besides that, I applaud OPs desire to aid the monk community, even if we have very different gearing philosophies (as he appears to adopt a tank-monk philosophy whereas I adhere to a balanced monk philosophy of gearing).
What's the most efficient and logical upgrade for me? I'm perennially poor (barely in the 7 digits usually and anything nice I own is self-found). I usually use my monk for MP4 Ubers with a friend who is also a monk; I've got the dodge aura & palm for more damage since he usually runs overawe. We've managed MP5 before but it hasn't really been a worthwhile investment. After 6 trios of ubers at MP4 or 5, I'm up to 2, 1 and 0 organs. Hurray for RNG.

Depending on what the 3-set Innas turns out to be, I'll prob move those pants over to my DH so she can have 24 movespeed too. Once I get a hellfire, I know I'll replace one of my current rings, regardless of how poorly it rolls.

Would there be a better skill setup?