Dev Q&A

Wizard
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
02/12/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
anyway, while she is here anyone want to come up with a Wizard Wish list she can pass on to the Devs?

I'm just chillin' at home, keeping an eye on , but if you want to round up your "top 5 awesome Wizard threads that Lylirra should read," I'm game. I'm betting that I've already seen and passed on most of the feedback (we read the class forums often, even if we don't typically post in them) but hey! You might surprise me.

(PS - Try to surprise me.)

Is that a Challenge? Because the Community could really come up with some great ones I am sure.
Sweet, Ty Madame.

Tal Rasha's Set bonus would be a very popular one. Theres a thread around here somewhere.
Here's a great thread about the Tal Rasha Set Bonuses that many Wizards thought would be fixed in this patch. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222369#1
02/12/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
I'm betting that I've already seen and passed on most of the feedback (we read the class forums often, even if we don't typically post in them) but hey! You might surprise me

The secret is out, she watches us! I guess the first rule of Wizard Club is no more :O

Do you chuckle at the 'do this build and hush about it or they'll nerf it' threads?
02/12/2013 11:33 PMPosted by MasterJay
only guy is Grimiku, not sure about this new hardcore CM assuming guy though by the posts.

Araxom? He's a kickass Customer Support representative who just happens to love Hardcore. Not sure if you visit other communities (like Reddit, for example), but you might see him providing assistance and just generally being awesome over there as well. We've been exploring different ways to promote of all our CS self-help options and reach players who may not know how to contact us, and connecting with the community in places where CS has generally been absent is a part of that project. Be kind to him if you see him around!
02/12/2013 11:45 PMPosted by MasterJay
I'm betting that I've already seen and passed on most of the feedback (we read the class forums often, even if we don't typically post in them) but hey! You might surprise me

The secret is out, she watches us! I guess the first rule of Wizard Club is no more :O

Do you chuckle at the 'do this build and hush about it or they'll nerf it' threads?

You think she would get a Laugh out of that one? was kinda epic for a while. Do note That the entire thread should be treated with a sarcastic tone of humor to it. That is what the thread was origonally intended for.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794869887#1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281553

Arcane Orb Feedback from PTR. Is this still going to be looked at all?

Blizzard buffs one of the Primary runes to do 195%weapon damage and Arcane orb(a Arcane Power spender) only gets buffed to 200% base. Its not high enough and I and many other provided feedback and ideas on how it could hopefully be improved.

Q&A
02/11/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Lylirra
That being said, we are aware that Arcane Orb and every channeled ability not named Archon Disintegrate are not very popular. We have plans to reevaluate the Arcane Orb skill as a whole and are working toward solutions to the innate problem of the Wizard’s channeled abilities: e.g. Wizards are vulnerable when they’re standing still to channel.

Was hoping for more on it though.
Lylirra, hope I'm not rude for asking like this, but does the development team know that Arcane Orbit is severely broken and unusable? I'm not asking "when will it be fixed?", but it would get me smiling if they at least realize that it's a problem that requires attention at some point. (I'm not talking about Arcane Orb as a whole. Arcane Orbit is kind of a unique rune, and one that I really looked forward to at launch. I still hold some hope that one day it will find justice =P)
02/12/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
only guy is Grimiku, not sure about this new hardcore CM assuming guy though by the posts.

Araxom? He's a kickass Customer Support representative who just happens to love Hardcore. Not sure if you visit other communities (like Reddit, for example), but you might see him providing assistance and just generally being awesome over there as well. We're been exploring different ways to promote of all our CS self-help options and reach players who may not know how to contact us, and connecting with the community in places where CS has generally been absent is a part of that project. Be kind to him if you see him around!

Yah Araxom he's a cool guy I've seen his posts and I think that was super awesome of him to start posting there cuz I've just recently got hooked to hardcore as well and begun to see how some of my softcore skills I deemed useless really taking priority in hardcore so I understand balance needs to absolutely be considered for both modes.
Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to chat, Lylirra.
Lylirra, yes, you did seem surprised in that Reddit thread because you asked if people were downvoting you as a person! I can tell you that is not it at all. You will get downvoted if people are unhappy wankers although the purpose of downvoting wasn't meant to be that way. You will also get downvoted by bitter trolls.

Getting those people to think about why they downvoted you is a waste of your time. That's /r/diablo for you.
02/12/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Shandlar
No wonder my off-topic stuff got deleted. The secret is out.

Damn it. I was looking for the anime topic -.-

I know, somewhere in the rules it probably says "do not question moderating decisions". But seriously. This does suck.

The wizards community is one of the very few parts of the D3 "community" that actually deserves the name. It's the only forum I still read regularly, because it's an active community with lots of different and interesting topics. People know each other, respect each other and for the most part know how to communicate in a civilized manner.
Is it not understandable why one would want to talk to those people, even if it's not a wizard topic?
What harm does the occasional off-topic post do? And why does it have to be silently deleted instead of closed or moved?
I really don't see how deleting that thread made the D3 forum a better place. Or whatever the moderator was thinking.
F? haha some1's pissed i think :D
What happened to the anime thread?
Deleted. No bans though so no harm done really.

I guess this isn't a forum for people with wizard chars to post though. Its a forum for posting about wizardly topics only. An unfortunate distinction given the nature of general and the extreme lack of people who actually use the 'off topic' forums.
Deleted. No bans though so no harm done really.

I guess this isn't a forum for people with wizard chars to post though. Its a forum for posting about wizardly topics only. An unfortunate distinction given the nature of general and the extreme lack of people who actually use the 'off topic' forums.

i think it was a fluke and they checked yesterday to see the 1.07 reactions, remember the whats ur profession thread? that hit max posts i think and had nothing to do with wizardry
02/13/2013 11:48 AMPosted by SteelPhantom
that hit max posts i think and had nothing to do with wizardry

It did. It topped at 25 pages, max posts, and I think the anime deletion was an outlier deletion, too; otherwise, how would you explain all the off-topic posts in this forum? The SoCal meetup post was the other one that went long. That had nothing to do with in-game wizard topics either.
Then it coulda been the oriental discussion that was happening near the end there. May have been considered borderline racist by an overeager mod. It was nothing of the sort, but may have been misconstrued.