Need to upgrade but low $$$ is the problem

Barbarian
Hi guys,

Judging by the level of the other posts on the forum, seems like not many people have the same prob. My barb is currently at 60(9) and I think he does a good job for the amount I have spent on him thus far (I can easily handle up to MP5). Managing anything above that is an issue.

What makes the issue worse is a lack of $$ that would allow me a good upgrade. Maybe I missed some gold find opportunities in the early stages of the game or am pricing my gear way wrongly on the AH but not really sure how to get around it. Anyone aware of any low cost ways to circumvent this? i.e. particular gold/magic find gear I could use that wont necessarily reduce my DPS or Rez.
Any other suggestions?

My stats are as follows:

DPS: 44569
ARMOR: 7880
STR: 2841
VIT: 688
DEX: 234
LIFE: 32637
INT: 580
ATTACK SPEED: 1.44
CRIC CHANCE: 37.5%
CRIT DAMAGE: 100%
LIFE ON HIT: 974
LIFE STEAL: 2.8%
GOLD FIND: 154%
MAGIC FIND: 137%
REZ: ALL 850+

GEAR:

PRIMARY: BUL-KATHOS SOLEMN VOW
SHIELD: STORMSHIELD
HELM: IMMORTAL KING'S TRIUMPH
CHEST: IMMORTAL KING'S ETERNAL REIGN
SHOULDERS: VILE WARD
BELT: IMMORTAL KING'S TRIUMPH
PANTS: DEPTH DIGGERS
GLOVES: IMMORTAL KING'S IRONS
BOOTS: IMMORTAL KING'S STRIDE
BRACERS: STRONGARM BRACERS
AMULET: MARA'S KALEIDOSCOPE
RING 1: THE WAILING HOST
RING 2: LITTANY OF THE UNDAUNTED

Cheers
V
You stacked Crit chance, but nor crit damage.
You will see a big DPS increase from adding a weapon with Crit damage and a socket, a socket at the minimum.
Also, that ammy needs to go. Find one with decent stats, (no AR), and high CC (8+), CD(60%+) and watch your DPS soar.
You can probably find a skyssplitter or some other Higher average damage (500-1000+) axe/mace with a socket for pretty cheap.
And an OK ammy can be had for a couple mills.
Need way more crit dmaage for sure... I don't understand how you have more gold find than magic find that's stupid.. You also don't need that much resist you could sacrifice some for mf or something to raise your dps you qill probably be good at like 750.. For the amount of strength you have your dps is very low... if you get 300% crit damage you will easily hit over 100k dps.. You should also get more APS, it's very, very low.
get a good axe or mace for your main hand so you can get the buff from Weapon Master.

I find it hard to believe you can do MP5 easily.
Thanks guys...will keep the above suggestions in mind...@Greywolf - r u suggesting duel wield or replacing the sword i currently have? And correction, i cant do MP5 easily; with some difficulty and frantic movement around the screen, i can survive most encounters, such that the resurrection delays dont make the gameplay experience excruciating...i guess easy MP4 would be more accurate then
you have very high resistance and defense. i recommend switching to hota/rend build, it will be an easy transition. CHeck out the S/B thread for good advice.

get a cc/cd amulet, a cc stormshield, and get your vit to 40k+ and start doing MP7 hehehe

how good is HOTA/rend? I bought a 1.1k dmg, open socket, plain sword for 600k and 2M crit storm shield and I was able to tank MP10 with 100k damage, 50k life, 700 res, 9k armor. I did 4 key runs and only died once. After I added the leap skill, I didnt die anymore. But each elite group took >2min to kill lol. So to be more efficient with WOTB, I started to let the elites follow me until I find another group so I can fight two at once. Still never died =)
sorry get a 1.1k+ open socket sword also.
Seems like you made the common mistake of chasing legendaries when better rares could be had for cheaper. Every one of your slots could be switched to a better rare cheaply. It would be good to keep 2 pieces of IK for the allres bonus though.

Your build also doesn't make sense. You haven't really geared for Thrive on chaos, and all your damage is coming from whirlwind or frenzy, both of which suck as primary damage abilities. You need rend, somewhere, and maybe hota, but your critD is sorely lacking.

With a SnB sword setup, your weapon needs a socket at the very least. Try to get up to 250%+ critD somehow. None of your jewelery/gloves are even dualfecta so there is a lot of room for improvement.

Your shield has bottom barrel block% and no crit, making it very undesirable. Your mainhand needs to change to an axe, mace, or sword(once you get a crit shield).

Any farming gearset has to have the movement speed, attack speed, and crit chance to sprint and whirlwind with into the fray. You can afford to trade off 200-300 strength for 200-300 vit too. Your dps will recover after you get more crit/critD, attack speed, and a better weapon.
02/12/2013 09:50 AMPosted by condor
Your shield has bottom barrel block% and no crit, making it very undesirable. Your mainhand needs to change to an axe, mace, or sword(once you get a crit shield).

What i came here to say. One of the most important things on a shield is a block chance, and the one u got have only 10%. It´s not expensive to get one with over 20%, and try getting at least 8% CC on it.
@mech his shield has +19% block. Site is not showing the +9% block.

@condor his gears look fine to me with the exception of his weap, shield and amulet. ~800 ar, ~8k armor (no def passive!) will be tanky even at the highest MP. I agree with your points:

1) "With a SnB sword setup, your weapon needs a socket at the very least"
2) His Skill selection are all over the place