Cold dmg isnt friend of WD .... ?

Witch Doctor
Hey guys , i just find out that Cold dmg doesnt work for WD , I tried many skills which are physical dmg and I have SoJ cold dmg + Tal rasha Cold dmg + black dmg weapon but the mobs isnt slowed at all .
Can Anyone explain this !? Is this a bug !?
% elemental damage only applies as that element as long as the skill does pure weapon damage. If the skill description says the damage is done as physical, all the damage is done as physical. As far as I know, there are no witch doctors skills that can abuse a cold SoJ.
02/13/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Chewzilla
there are no witch doctors skills that can abuse a cold SoJ.
that sucks
02/13/2013 03:18 AMPosted by manvan
there are no witch doctors skills that can abuse a cold SoJ.

What about Soul Harvest Vengeful Spirit? Just curious...
No cold damage from SoJ or Tal Rasha's ammy. No poison damage from Zuni boots. Just doesn't work that way for WDs period.

You don't have to test anything, it has been tried over and over and doesn't work no matter what weapon or what skill you use.

If you want to chill you get the chill affix on shoulders. If you want to freeze, get a freeze belt.

You can also get these affixes on a weapon but they are very rarely seen on any weapon a WD uses.
who wants my COLD SOJ on my WD!? lol

I learned that after I got it, but heck with the new SB changes, I don't think I can replace it! well unless it was 30%
i think when several elementals are bunched together eg poison from boots plus cold from tal or soj, the %that is biggest will take effect. bearing in mind also, that cold is an effect that is proc'ed. try the cold damage without zuni boots, using acid rain?
Nope. Doesn't work. Try them one at a time, together, black weapon, physical damage spell, none of it works.

Your followers can supposedly proc them, but there are better ways to get an elemental proc for followers e.g. Azurath, Buriza Xbow, etc.
it proc if you dont use any spell but only the basic attack (sword red icon)...am i right?
what's wrong with the new SB changes?
You will be surprised how many Barbs and Monks wait in line to get one of these cold dmg soj.
I tried a cold dmg perfect roll wall soj on my WW barb
it works amazingly well...totally awesome.

who wants my COLD SOJ on my WD!? lol

I learned that after I got it, but heck with the new SB changes, I don't think I can replace it! well unless it was 30%
Take a skill off your bar and swing your weapon. That works.

You can also pick up an Ice bow and slow stuff down with it this way as well.

The dmg totaly sucks though.