New Monk Changes..

Monk
This patch is going to be amazing. I have a feeling some monks will be absolutely tearing it up in pvp with the new damage modifications.

Are you guys going to keep your current build or are you going to try out some of the different abilities that have had their damage increased? If so what builds are you going to use them with?

Cheers.
they need to fix dashing strike following moving targets for pvp. (SSS also)

biggest problem I found personally with monk pvp was when you die, you start with a very small amount of spirit and need it to regen.

I think +spirit regen gear has becomne a necessity for monks post 1.07, TR, LTK and bell builds are no longer subpar, cyclone strike is great but casting cost is still a tad high. Great for group play though, especially with cm wiz on higher mp.
Ah I can see that being annoying. Having to enter combat and actually attack targets to get mantra's and other buffs up is annoying.

Would be nice if they added something similar to wow; when you die your abilities cost 0 resources for x seconds. Give's people the opportunity to rebuff and get ready to re-enter combat.

My monk is currently level 50; but I'm just getting back into the game and was quiet pleased to see that monks are getting all of these buffs! Should be interesting!! Also, what do you think of the Tempest rush build now that the damage has been increased to 150%? Is it still a viable option or is it better to go with one of the bell builds that was already posted?
TR is still great for mp0 (up to 2 with high end gear) levelling, and was made even better with the nearly double dps increase. Read one of the TR guides, also we're freed up an ability slot since FITL isn't really worth it in 1.07 for the build.

2her TR/WOL hybrid build is going to be very nice imo, provided you can get a good amount of spirit regen (10+)
TR is still great for mp0 (up to 2 with high end gear) levelling, and was made even better with the nearly double dps increase. Read one of the TR guides, also we're freed up an ability slot since FITL isn't really worth it in 1.07 for the build.

2her TR/WOL hybrid build is going to be very nice imo, provided you can get a good amount of spirit regen (10+)

Hope most of you low MPers realize all MPs got a HUGE xp boost. So MP 0 should be a thing of the past. At minimum, MP 1 for +25%.

I dropped my spirit generator :). Hoping to make a video soon of me farming MP 7 with no spirit generator whatsoever.

Hope most of you low MPers realize all MPs got a HUGE xp boost. So MP 0 should be a thing of the past. At minimum, MP 1 for +25%.

I dropped my spirit generator :). Hoping to make a video soon of me farming MP 7 with no spirit generator whatsoever.

sounds interesting, whats your passive spirit regen?
What do you guys think of a build with Cyclone and Exploding Palm? The damage increase to both of these abilities is substantial especially Exploding Palms increased explosion damage from 30% to 50%. I think that could provide some massive damage if you chain it properly.
02/12/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Bigjay
What do you guys think of a build with Cyclone and Exploding Palm? The damage increase to both of these abilities is substantial especially Exploding Palms increased explosion damage from 30% to 50%. I think that could provide some massive damage if you chain it properly.

I don't think I ever got more than 1-2 EP explosions off per pack, it doesn't make much difference imo.

Cyclone is wonderful though, especially with group play. Monk wiz makes for perfect cc
The MONK uses Marshal Arts so why does it take so much spirit to Kick for I do believe that the Monk is the a killing machine . I have stayed with 2 fist Weapon's but my Damage is to low ; then I see other Monks with two 1 hand swards so where is the Marshal in that . I am on the verge of not playing the game . The kicking & punching are a Marshal Artist greatest moves & we could even as a sward have a Katana even throwing Stars that explode . TO me two swards just takes Marshal arts out of the story
Your weapons aren't the primary source of your dps problems.