Median XL Diablo 2 (way better than D3)

Games & Technology
Median XL for D2 is incredible.
I wish he would make a mod for D3 (assuming he can't since there is no offline single player mode)

Anyways, just thought I'd share what I've been playing through the weee hours of the night (it actually keeps me up)
It's 20x more challenging and is not a Hero Editor or Item pack.
There are Uberquests/Uberlevels/UberBosses and entirely new monsters with advanced skills that are actually challenging.
Sooo much better :)
02/21/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Daaammmnn
ok we get it

Oh come on :p had to get the post back on page one :)

I bet this is the exact reason why they are enabling LAN/SP for consolde and not PC.. Because Median XL mod would dominate Diablo 3 SP just like it did on D2 :) Scaredy cats
losers crying for easy mode
iv'e spent the last month or so playing median xl haha... couldn't get hwanins hwacha to drop for my xbow necro though...

and for it's time it was good but anything d2 related feels very outdated now :P
Yup
summmon barb all the way bro
I loved the Jav Zon skill tree. Was awesome :p
The death knight necro was absolutely gfg soooo fun.
But yeah, if Brother Laz had access to D3 in a single player environment or whatever he could make this game 1000x better
Oh wow, i haven't tried the necro yet. I've only played amazon heh.
Here is my experience of the Superior Median XL during its god-tier era

-Use Pounce

-Killed everything that ever existed in the game.

Brother Laz should be hired as the new Director.

-Use Pounce

I havent tried pounce yet, thanks for tip
Yeah... When it comes to fun in ARPG, it's safe to say that no one even comes close to median.

-: you feel rewarded from lvl 1 to 120. And even after with the uberquests/uberdongeons/challenges.
-: Itemization is... the best. Just the best. However, loot rate are based on a solo setting, so it would need to be tuned down a little I think. (Don't get me wrong, if you play Median you will still be missing items after 2 months of intense gaming. But it's still a bit high imo).
-: Fighting entire screens (and more actually) of ennemies... and yet needing to use strategy... The game is overwhelming and yet perfectly visible. That's just mind blowing.
-: Builds. Oh boy, builds. Every character can play radically different gameplay. Necro : melee, physical ranged, summoner, caster. Amazon : same. Sorceress : only not physical ranged (well, you can still do it and be powerfull though. But that's going too deep in the mechanism of the game I suppose). Etc.
-: The challenge. It's fair, yet merciless. Dying is mandatory, but rarely painfull. The difficulty is very clearly spread so you can always fight where you want to. You will fight fast invulnerable minions with crazy ranged attack who get continuously summoned, but only when you feel ready.

I myself don't care much for graphics in general. So i savour this gem since... I can't remember actually. The Median version with Bloody Mary on necro.

-Use Pounce

I havent tried pounce yet, thanks for tip

It was nerfed with a two second cooldown for non amazons. To stop the easy mode pouncesin.
Still amazing on amazons of course. And javazons are very tanky.
Pounce has probably been super nerfed since I played years ago. I'm tempted on dl'ing Median, but I have too many games to play as it is right now :(
Where can I get it? I wanna try it!!!
Median XL was pretty cool, yeah. Loved getting the charms from the uberquests leveling in k3kba, but this forum is for discussion of d3, try this one instead:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/
02/21/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Alloppy
Where can I get it? I wanna try it!!!

Just type in "median xl diablo 2" in google and you should be able to find it quite easily.

I agree that median xl is a great game, however I didn't play it too much because my old computer sucked and I couldn't quite figure out how to play multiplayer (if you could). I think me and my brother did play together a few times but he isn't really interested in the arpg genre.

+1 to Brother Laz