Diablo3 is not a failure.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Now how many of those "12m" 'users' are bots and multi-boxers and the like? The same bots that Blizzard said would never be a part of this game? Maybe you are the one to step back and assess what's going on around here.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864756409
This is why ppl bought Diablo 3.
Game over.

Nice, consolidated proof that the majority of people are blind idiots incapable of researching and making informed decisions.
Now how many of those "12m" 'users' are bots and multi-boxers and the like? The same bots that Blizzard said would never be a part of this game? Maybe you are the one to step back and assess what's going on around here.

Cuz there are no bots in D2 or any other online game. More copies is more copies, doesn't matter who's buying them. A popular game is going to have a lot of bots just because it has a lot of players.
02/17/2013 02:11 PMPosted by VinnyI

And the well known forum troll pulls more 'facts' out of thin air...

Seriously, if you want to discuss the merits of your argument, you need to do more than quote vacuous numbers pulled from the darker nether regions of the troll playbook.
02/17/2013 02:15 PMPosted by FromtheAshes
Cuz there are no bots in D2 or any other online game. More copies is more copies, doesn't matter who's buying them

Thank you for proving my point that this game is just a big money-grab. It doesn't matter as long as the sales are high, so you say. Thank you.

02/17/2013 02:15 PMPosted by DudleyDR
And the well known forum troll pulls more 'facts' out of thin air...

I quoted someone on the number. Try reading a bit before arguing I'm pulling numbers out from anywhere.
Game over.

Nice, consolidated proof that the majority of people are blind idiots incapable of researching and making informed decisions.

To be fair, some of us bought the game because of the CB not just because we love Diablo 1 and Diablo 2

It's just that none of us thought the entire game would be as shallow and hand holding as the CB
I wouldn't go that far. Speculating on mulitboxers and botters probably wont get us anywhere. No one really knows anything concrete except for the fact that they are out there.

The only thing that makes me think that not many people are still gaming on here, is because Blizzard was considering releasing a player counter last patch, but did not release it.

Only reason I can think of, when this feature is on every other Blizzard game, is that D3 is not actually doing well. Why else? The programming required is minimal compared to inserting ubers, marquise, and dueling.
02/17/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Zoid

3.6 million before release, another 6.4 million by the end of July 2012, and 2 miilion more during the rest of 2012 for a total of 12 million licenses sold by the end of 2012...

DIII stands on its own quite well it would seem.

Do you have a graph of this or some data? It would be interesting to see, since people have been hating on it since day 1 (May 15th). If there were only 3.6 million presales, I would guess the bulk of those were WoW subscribers with the annual pass. There were about 12 million playing WoW at the time and still around 10 million, so it's reasonable to assume many of them figured they might as well.

If the bulk of the non-annual pass sales took place AFTER the game was released and everybody declared what a terrible game it was, then you cannot simply attribute those to being a Blizzard game and sequel to D2. You might actually have to accept that some people had fun with it and recommended it.

The Annual Pass copies weren't included in the 12 million figure as they weren't sales. Rather, they were "freebies" used to encourage Wow players to sign up for the AP.

I believe Mike Morhaime said that there were a little over one million AP holders.

The Annual Pass copies weren't included in the 12 million figure as they weren't sales. Rather, they were "freebies" used to encourage Wow players to sign up for the AP.

Do you have any kind of source for that statement?
Everyone and their mom buys Call of Duty installments still, but it doesn't mean its a good game.

Sale numbers are just a figure of how many people stepped into Activisions trap. They are king.
02/17/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Baconan
It's just that none of us thought the entire game would be as shallow and hand holding as the CB

you mean the other way around, I was in CB didn't feel as bad as the actual release. My only question was wtf happened from CB to release. CB was okay, looked like it had promise, on release most of those features in CB were gone. Mystic included.

If anything I think the mystic was removed because it conflicted with the Auction House seriously. I mean if you could enchant or upgrade affixes on your rares why would you need to use the AH anymore? You could just constnatly re-roll stats on an itema nd upgrade it. Yeah??? Yes??

That's your gold sink that vaporized.
02/17/2013 02:51 PMPosted by KradisZ

you mean the other way around, I was in CB didn't feel as bad as the actual release. My only question was wtf happened from CB to release. CB was okay, looked like it had promise, on release most of those features in CB were gone. Mystic included.

What I meant to say was the CB was a fantastic introductory so they must have done the rest of the game right
If the introductory area is right then it stands reasonable to assume the mid game and end game would be right on too but no...The whole game was as shallow as the CB
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/mike-morhaime-on-blizzard-and-diablo-3-in-latest-financial-results

Here's your "12m" units sold fanboi Dud. You're so lazy you couldn't look this up, yet you troll every chance you get to people quoting the sale amount. Stupid troll.

So he says 12 million sold, but that is not enough, he goes on to say they will continue to improve DIII since it is important to the company. You are not making much sense here bud.

DIII was the #1 selling PC game of 2012 but that isn't enough for Blizzard, they are going to keep making changes and improving the game. I don't see the downside here.
Typical, I give you the facts and you want more. I'm not even gonna bother with you anymore.
Game over.

In all fairness, the gameplay that was shown a few years ago was by far closer to what i was expecting to get. Little did i know they took a complete 180 on design.
02/17/2013 02:55 PMPosted by VinnyI
Typical, I give you the facts and you want more. I'm not even gonna bother with you anymore.

Uh, OK, well thanks for trying to enlighten me - I guess... Have fun in DIII!
02/17/2013 01:16 PMPosted by aro
Usually good games don't require constant justification and reminders that it "isn't a bad game." For nearly a year now, people have been making posts trying to defend this trash.

Actually the vast majority of threads have been about how other games are 'what this game should have been' and how this game is dead.

They've been posting that for almost a year now trying to convince us the game sucks.
9 million copies sold long after so many people have bashed it to insane levels.
The personal attacks on Jay wilson in my opinion went beyond any common sense or reason.
And I am having way more fun with d3 now then I did with d2. All the classes are a blast to play.
Drop rates are sweet now. Legendaries with the right amount of mf and in 4 person groups drop alot.
And if you want to see the most drops Group play is recommended which is awesome.

Whatever new game Jay works on I look forward to it. Trolls be damned.

Actually 12 million copies sold, over 60% of them botting accounts. Some people controlling over 100 accounts at once. Less than 500,000 players playing.

Then the biggest fact of them all.. D3 won no awards. If it was a success, it would have won.. simple as that, but it did not.

You need to edit your post to say "To me D3 is not a failure, even though all other points prove otherwise"
If Diablo 3 wasn't a failure then FF XIV wasn't a failure. Jay is gone for a reason.