Crafting is Still Broken....

General Discussion
only thing that it caused is that right now the only rares worth picking up are;

Pants
Rings
1h Weapons
ilvl 62-63 Shields

You can officially ignore all other, perhaps pick Amulets, but the crafted one has a much higher chance to roll good (MUCH higher because it has a fixed high base stat, which is also higher than anything you can find).
You know to me crafting is only worth it to two sets of people.. Those who have such lousy gear that any item would be an upgrade and those with billions of gold that can afford to craft for a perfect roll. IF your the other 90% of the people inbetween I don't see it happening.

I'll craft a few things.. but spending gold and mats with little guarantee and no possible in in sight is not my idea of crafting. IF they wanted a gold sink for the top people then should have just let them roll perfect paid for rolls for a billion or two each not this random stuff.

There are alot less people that are in between than you think. Out of 20 friends I have on my list only 2 of them are those in between people. that's 10%. I would wager that's a similar figure for everyone. Blizzard can see the stats and % of what people wear. Unfortunately we cannot.

Case in point, I crafted 30 amulets yesterday. Two were an increase in dmg (2000-4000) and vit (2000-3000) but a reduction in protection. I am wearing one of them now on my barb. Of course neither of them really fit with what I need or want. Are they better? Some would say yes some would say no. I don't think they are because it doesn't fit with what I am wanting to do so to me they are trash.

The problem with crafting is I could keep on spending my coin and I would eventually get what I am looking for. But when? how much? I know I can go to the AH now and I have seen amulets that fit what I want for 20-40 million. I just spent I think about 3 million not counting mats which is another 50+k x 30.

I honestly hope I am wrong about crafting I just think it should be done differently.
only thing that it caused is that right now the only rares worth picking up are;

Pants
Rings
1h Weapons
ilvl 62-63 Shields

You can officially ignore all other, perhaps pick Amulets, but the crafted one has a much higher chance to roll good (MUCH higher because it has a fixed high base stat, which is also higher than anything you can find).

The problem here is this entire line of thinking and the result is there is even less stuff up on the AH. That's not a shot at you just that there are plenty of other items that are good, but you think of them at your current level. We all do myself included. When your already wearing Vile wards you don't bother picking up shoulders do you?

This brings up my entire point that blizz should make all loot become visible to all players after 5 minutes of play. If people don't want to pick it up because it's trash then they should have no problem with other people picking it up. If you are worried about scavengers becoming the new thing next to botters then people should be picking up the loot because that is the solution.

There are alot less people that are in between than you think. Out of 20 friends I have on my list only 2 of them are those in between people. that's 10%. I would wager that's a similar figure for everyone. Blizzard can see the stats and % of what people wear. Unfortunately we cannot.

Case in point, I crafted 30 amulets yesterday. Two were an increase in dmg (2000-4000) and vit (2000-3000) but a reduction in protection. I am wearing one of them now on my barb. Of course neither of them really fit with what I need or want. Are they better? Some would say yes some would say no. I don't think they are because it doesn't fit with what I am wanting to do so to me they are trash.

The problem with crafting is I could keep on spending my coin and I would eventually get what I am looking for. But when? how much? I know I can go to the AH now and I have seen amulets that fit what I want for 20-40 million. I just spent I think about 3 million not counting mats which is another 50+k x 30.

I honestly hope I am wrong about crafting I just think it should be done differently.

I still have yet to find any of the amulet plans. I have found 2 new plans for Account Bound items, and about 5 of the other older plans I still needed. By the time I find the amulet plans I will have plenty of mats and gold to craft.
Dev need to bring mystic back
Crafting is fun and profitable if you know what you are doing. Before the patch came out i made over 100mil gold just selling exalted grand gloves. And now I made gloves better than my trifecta's (which sold for 30mil on ah), better shoulders (old viles sold for 3mil), and made a better amulet. Not the best stuff but gives me something to have fun with.
I love crafting!

Finally got a good boost on my monk! 65k to 81k DPS in just a few crafts.

This isn't crafting. It's just gambling with the word "Crafting" thrown on it.
02/15/2013 07:10 PMPosted by NormlDotOrg
Game is still broken! Shame on all the fan boys in denial.

My broken game keeps on rolling and it's gaining momentum now. Shame on you for trying to put everyone into your little antisocial cookie cutter.