The future of PVP in D3

General Discussion
Team deathmatch was delayed simply because blizz couldn't come up with a game type that we wouldn't get bored of in an hour. So why don't we suggest some pvp games that we'd like to see?
Vote for the best ideas and pray that this gets the devs attention.

For instance, an option for game setup would be "blue items only" mode, this would even out the playing field to make games more skill-based rather than deciding the winner on who has the best gear.

Also, how about a new currency (badges) that can be earned only from pvp games, which in turn can be spent on some serious BoA gear tuned for pvp (reds?)
FFA-KING OF THE HILL
up to 8 players battle for a central point on the map where kills earn double points. Temporary upgrades can be found in other corners of the map as well. Serious upgrades can be aquired by defeating mobs/elites around the map. First to 100 wins.
TDM-LOST

2-4 teams, 1-4 players per team. You're stranded on a desert island, you have NONE of your existing gear (unless you find some of it washed ashore). Explore the island and gather materials to build weapons, traps, and buildings that help buid improved weapons and traps. Build a campfire to keep from freezing, forage/hunt for food to survive. Eliminate the other teams to win.
TDM-Army of Darkness

This one is similar to DotA if anyone remembers playing Warcraft 3...

2 teams, 1-4 players per team. Team 1 starts in the bottom left corner, team 2 in the upper right.
There are 3 paths from each base that join in the middle, lined with turrets. Each base will continually spawn soldiers to fight for you.

Destroy the enemy turrets to progress towards their base. Kill mobs to earn temporary gold which can be spent on upgrades at your base. Kill other players to keep your soldiers and turrets alive. Destroy the enemy base to win.

This one would prove interesting since it makes players fight each other with skills they would normally employ for PvE

*Edit-- Team 2 would be semi undead/demonic skins of their characters
02/18/2013 05:45 PMPosted by ChompskyHonk
"blue items only" mode
This would be cool, iv noticed that in alot of online games it breaks down to who has the the best gear, which in the end always ruins it for me due to im not usually the one with the nest gear ha

02/18/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Timebombx
Arenas with rating and pvp gear. That is the only way to get people coming back to this MMO!
Great ideas! i think that would be uber fun. i have some similar ideas in my thread

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923843724

TDM-LOST

2-4 teams, 1-4 players per team. You're stranded on a desert island, you have NONE of your existing gear (unless you find some of it washed ashore). Explore the island and gather materials to build weapons, traps, and buildings that help build improved weapons and traps. Build a campfire to keep from freezing, forage/hunt for food to survive. Eliminate the other teams to win.

Sound like an entirely new game. maby a DLC pvp mode?

I think at the end of the day you can just take to concepts from the popular pvp shooters out there for good match types. Black ops for example, capture the flg and Demolition are my favorites.

What if there were a 4v4 game mode with a "boss" (diablo or something" as your target the other team has to kill to win?