Lag issues post patch

Technical Support
02/17/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Paraflare
In what reality does this business model work?

The one we live in. One quote sums the whole article up if you don't feel like reading - ""We are very pleased to report that Activision Blizzard delivered the best performance in its history...."

I hate the network issues as much as anyone, but complaining about it from the business side of things doesn't hold much weight.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-08-activision-blizzard-closes-2012-with-record-USD4-86-billion
02/17/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Autonomous
In what reality does this business model work?

The one we live in. One quote sums the whole article up if you don't feel like reading - ""We are very pleased to report that Activision Blizzard delivered the best performance in its history...."

I hate the network issues as much as anyone, but complaining about it from the business side of things doesn't hold much weight.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-08-activision-blizzard-closes-2012-with-record-USD4-86-billion

Lot's of sales doesn't invalidate the fact that this is a crappy system and online DRM for single player games is garbage. Period.

I would not have bought the game if I knew this was going to happen, as I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't have either. This is the first and last time I buy a game with online DRM for single player.

But way off topic now, so I'm out.
I believe I have been encountering the same problem regarding the lag spike/extended rubber-banding ever since 1.0.7 PTR was around. This problem occurred before back in 1.0.3 or 0.4. It's killing my motive to play this game. I'm here and signing in just so to let everyone, including Blizzard staff know that this is a very serious problem affecting not only a small group of players who are trying to enjoy the game in a lag-free environment.

Below is the thread I opened not long ago regarding some brief details of what I tried and what I believe that is causing the lag spike:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923033538
Yeah my Ivory Bridge Computer has the same problem, and I never seen a problem this bad with any other patch. I get 100 ping one sec then I get 700 ping. Its like the server is treating my packets like DoS attack. I am guessing there is multiple loss packets that is causing the problem, because like everyone else is saying my game will enter complete pause for about a sec then I will teleport to the last place I was a second or two ago and then have to retrace my steps. And that gets real annoying when you have a 24% run faster Monk with Tempest Rush - Tailwind.
This was happening to me back in December, and it finally got resolved sometime in January... until now. It was fine all of last week, and I just logged in to find it happening again. None of my other games give me these problems. 10-20 second lag spikes every minute or so.
Having the same problem which led me... here! I rarely have issues with my internet connection which has me raise an eyebrow when I'm having problems playing by myself online.

Tonight was the first night I started putting in more than one run post patch and the spiking is a pain in the !@#. Sadly I'm not surprised it's been going on this long without a fix.

Hey Blizzard how about we polish up this baby before moving onto other platforms. Hold on, let me rephrase: How about finishing making this game before moving onto other platforms. I enjoy D3 I really do. I think it's an aborted fetus that was scrambled up during extraction from Jay Wilson's uterus compared to what it could have been, but I still enjoy it... when I can play it.
as for the guy who said complianing doesnt help what do u think these forumsare for making blizzard realise what the community realises the game lags like hell fix it or u will lose alot of players who spent over 1600+ hours on the game unreal how many peeps replys are same as mine,,,,, ive already spent like 3 days rewiping my os trying to find out if was that causing problem as i not wiped it in over 4 years but i no what im doing so no need to just fix problems this problem tho is unfixxable an now starting to really hate the game for it why do devs release games then soon as they make enough money fuk it off an start thinking oh lets make a new game ...... errrrrr hows about fixing this one wth have u done in this new patch as my unit gets 30fps runnning perfect then soon as mobs come in 10-15fps annnnn unplayable jokeeeeeeeeeeeeeerssssssssssssss please fix asap i reading somewhere in other forums tht intel cards are having isssues since the patch what are u lot playing at
i also started lagging hard after patch not sure what you all have for ram but mine was 4gb ( need 2 to play ) only had 1.39 available other then my avg sercurity this only thing i have downloaded i increased my ram since i failed to find out what is using almost 3 gigs and now the game runs fine just a sugguesting to ck that out b4 you go though update video bios and other things like i did