Need advice. SnB or TR/WoL. No budget.

Monk
02/15/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Fitz
I am logged out in my PVP gear.

I just stalked your setup. That's a creative approach Druin. I likey!

Thanks!

My Spear sucks! I am now saving up for my dream weapon which is a 1.2k dex or vit socket 90% CHD spear!

I will Marquis ruby it (if they keep the %damage adds to ruby damage) which should hit the ~1.45k mark! :D

Getting a CHD Litany to replace my Hellfire (first time I will unequip that Hellfire since the day I got it!)

I also need AR, LPS, CHC Lacu's .... I thought I wouldn't miss having max runspeed ... WOW I was wrong!

I think I like Way of the Fallen Star on DS the most as well ... 25% runs speed helps keep up with smokescreened DH's.

All in all, I am pretty happy with how my build turned out! I just need more/same mitigation with about 2x the LPS and ~30-40k more DPS.
50 BILLION??? Thats like err 12.5k USD!

How? You barely played D3 from the looks of it, and willing to spend that amount just like that?

Jealous Much!

I have another account with a very well known barb. But I'd like this champ to be known on his own. Also, forum gold traded for a good 20 billion gold. I sold my start-up company for a profit so I can justify a few months of gaming.
50 BILLION??? Thats like err 12.5k USD!

How? You barely played D3 from the looks of it, and willing to spend that amount just like that?

Jealous Much!

I have another account with a very well known barb. But I'd like this champ to be known on his own. Also, forum gold traded for a good 20 billion gold. I sold my start-up company for a profit so I can justify a few months of gaming.

GRATS!!!!!! Selling a start-up is an amazing life achievement!
@Druin I really appreciate that, day to day operations just wasn't for me. I'll stick to real estate.
Bump
I have no idea what's going on here.
However, HI ! xD

p.s. cool story!
Nothing says you can't WoL with a SnB build.

The way I play it is pretty standard cookie cutter, no OWE passive instead get pacifism or near death exp which lets you drop serenity for WoL.

Just build spirit like normal and drop big WoL nukes after your Sweeping Wind and mantra spam are rolling.
Works very well in high MPs
Alright. I have spent a little time and slowly found items that have pleased me stat wise but I am still at the lower number side for everything. Keep bidding on scorns but can't justify spending 2 billion if its not perfect stat or very close. Still need to farm DE for amulet/bracers/gloves that I want to craft. Secondary spec I want to work towards something similar to setsae#1511. Still have a budget set at 10 billion if I can. Spent around 700 mill on the character thus far. Any advice or tips on building him up. Numbers seem to be very low.
As others have said, with your aspirations to be a "top" monk and the desire to do so quickly, unless you check diabloprogress and offer some top monks/DH's there gold for their BIS items, you'll have to be patient and acquire your gear over time. If you truly feel the need to spend 30B or more on gear, ask the top guys and they will sell you some of their gear, but at a high price. I would guess 2-4B per piece for armor, a weapon can easily be twice that.

Most of the top guys also have multiple gear sets depending what they wish to do (PvP, PvE, TR, tank, whatever). I would advise to learn the class a bit more and then once you figure out what playstyle you like the most, build around that. For me, swapping to a TR gearset is easy, although I am atrocious at TR'ing. Since its not my preferred playstyle, it drives me up the wall speed farming, which I just do not enjoy.
Also, to note, if you're looking to use what you see in my profile know that i'm in my PvP gear, but the skill set is what i use to farm. I finished PvPing for the night and got too lazy to switch out my gear so I just did the skills.

As jco said, if you're really looking for BIS monk items, they'll rarely show up on AH. So either you have to be patient and ready to pull the trigger when they do show up or you have try to buy the gear from a player (which WILL get expensive).

edit:
If you're considering Setsae's gear, have a look at CaptainCarl. One of the best ias/shenlong monks i've seen.
I am constantly surprised by the activity in this forum. Also the sincere want to help me that I feel from members. I just want you guys to know I really appreciate it. I just got completely sick of my ww barb even though its faceroll easy. I farmed on my barb for approximately 50k elite kills and I honestly never went in the auction house once. I purchased items from d2jsp/d3jsp and friends in real life that I traded with. I never really cared to have the "perfect" gear or anything like that but with time I found gear and build my barb up to near BiS. I don't mind doing the same farm/xp route for 15-20 hours in a row at top efficiency. Hell sometimes I just log in and do mp10 act 1-4 rushed just because that's how I liked to play diablo 2. I have a lot of gold stockpiled both from friends donations/selling items on forums as well as donations from my stream (majority came from this). I noticed Druin started streaming on twitch I believe. If he just throws a plug in there about whatever gear he is trying to upgrade he will be surprised to the generosity of strangers. Thanks again for all of the responses.
Everything is good...!
S4 if your interested in IAS/Shens build add me up and we can talk shop. I have many interchangeable parts from a lot.,..and I mean a lot of testing so any questions you may have on an IAS LOH build I will gladly help out with what I can.

On the same note, I too used to browse the monk forums for a long time and when I finally started posting regularly last summer many monks here were very helpful and friendly and I run with many of them now. Heck my friends list is full and 95% of them are monks from this here forums!

A lot of monks who responded to your thread are established here, have a track record of helping fellow monks here for quite some time and some have even written guides so their suggestions and recommendations come highly.

Cheers-
Thanks Carl I will definitely do that. Also, can someone look at my gear now and perhaps point out what I should shoot to replace and what is an easy upgrade. Looking to spend around 300 mill a piece for upgrades if I can.
I need to not be lazy and do ubers for my hellfire ring. Speaking of that. I would be willing to pay fellow monks to run that for/with me.

02/21/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Fitz
Gloves would be fairly easy to get much more dex on. CD also has room for higher stats on them as well.

I am bidding on some better gloves and currently spamming all my crafts at a better amulet. Once I have hellfire I'll likely replace boots with Z-Trail. I believe overnight I won a bid for a Inna helm with AR on it as well. After I craft a better Ammy I will work on bracers. Crafts are best for those slots right?
Another question for Druin if he visits again. Does SW still snapshot with BF:FotL.
You should also look after a new soj... You need one with a useful skill bonus: TR crit if you wanna go for TR rushing with SW - Cyclone, SW/FoT for general use or WoL for spamming bells.
As Fitz mentioned, you can get MP10 ubers for free, I have a thread dedicated to free carries. The only issue is you'd need the 3 machines unless you bring somebody who has them.

@fitz

I'll run with you later to check out your build, I apologize for not getting back to you in the last few days.
02/22/2013 07:13 AMPosted by Metalsvinet
You should also look after a new soj... You need one with a useful skill bonus: TR crit if you wanna go for TR rushing with SW - Cyclone, SW/FoT for general use or WoL for spamming bells.

Yeah I'm very lazy and wading through hundreds of pages of soj's to hopefully get one with >2 SR 6% damage. I want a 7% crit one as well. Problem I find with that is normally a price would be a way to search for it but I think I found the best SOJ looking in the 1-2 million range which has HUNDREDS to choose from. If anyone on the forum has a 6% CD 2.1+ SR 25+% elite damage with 7% crit to TR I would be interested ; )