Legendaries drop rate nerfed after 1.0.7.???

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
This is called manipulated RNG.... /thread
oh pls rng is rng. even though there are distributions to drops eg: a mempo drops in 1/3720 rares and ageless mights drop frequently, it doesn't change the fact that it is still random.

eg: a lottery has first prize,2nd prize,3rd prize.

whether a person wins first or 2nd prize is entirely random, but it doesn't mean that the chance to win 1st is equivalent to winning 2nd prize. there is a weighted distribution .(ie: its far easier to win an ageless might than a mempo).

in fact, I had a week where I got 3 chantodo's force (albeit all worthless) and 3 witching hours (also all equally worthless).

---
and that guy complaining about vilewards? why? cos of craftables.

---
all you have to do is look at radiant star recipe prices and know this "increased drop rate is what causes prices to fall. (ie: supply/demand economics)"

so really, improving drops by any means (eg: drop rate, drop quality, craftables) will simply devalue them on the ah. eg: improving quality = everyone gets improved quality, so they can self farm, they don't need yours, therefore ah prices = falls

you want prices to go up, then what you need is scarcity.
02/25/2013 08:11 PMPosted by chrisloup
oh pls rng is rng. even though there are distributions to drops eg: a mempo drops in 1/3720 rares and ageless mights drop frequently, it doesn't change the fact that it is still random.

How can you called this RNG? Shouldn't all loots have a chance to drop equally? So, if Blizz decided a particular loots/items to drop more frequently than they've to manipulate the drop systems for it to happen, correct? So it's not RNG at all....
How can you called this RNG? Shouldn't all loots have a chance to drop equally? So, if Blizz decided a particular loots/items to drop more frequently than they've to manipulating the drop systems for it to happen, correct? So it's not RNG at all....

No. Theres a difference between random and probability. If I have a 1% chance for a mempo and a 10% chance for a stormcrow, then on average, I'm obviously going to get more stormcrows. That's probability. That DOES NOT mean that I cant get 3 mempos before ever seeing a stormcrow. That is RNG.
02/25/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Martimus
That's probability. That DOES NOT mean that I cant get 3 mempos before ever seeing a stormcrow. That is RNG.

Can you explain to me if everything is RNG than why is that Blizzard can control the drops on loots such as legendary drop rates... Shouldn't they be random? Once you start to manipulate a RNG system than its no longer a RNG system..
02/25/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Gunny
Drop rates on legendary items hasn't been altered, although when the random generator turns an evil eye on you sometimes it feels otherwise.

Just the fact that you can come in here and post that screams that your loot system and itemization need an overhaul. For a game that's so grindy to have such an abysmal, horribly punishing loot system to make play time sometimes days on end feel completely unrewarding is just sad.

The fact that you jump into the forums and drop a little quip about it is borderline disgusting.

That's just my personal opinion of course, and my opinion of Blizzard as a whole continues to decline.

visit vegas and explode
The drop rate is 0.1% without any MF across the board. At max, it would be 0.725% with max MF.

Legendary drop rate hasn't been nerfed, just the odds are extremely against you.
Can you explain to me if everything is RNG than why is Blizzard can control the drops on loots such as legendary drop rates...

I think you're still confused. Blizzard sets the drop rates. A leg may have a 0.01% base chance of dropping from an elite. A rare may have a 40% chance to drop from an elite. That means, on AVG (i.e. an ideal scenario) after 10000 elite kills with 0% MF, you will get 1 legendary and 4000 rares. Remember this is an ideal scenario.

However, because drops are based on RNG, every kills outcome is independent of the last one. So I could hit that 1/10000 luck three times in a row, and get 3 legendaries in a row. That is just based on the randomness. The outcome of that is very small and not likely, however, you have to keep in mind that with the vast number of D3 players playing, someone is bound to come across some astronomical unlikely event like that (e.g. rolling a godly item). What it also means is someone is going to have an equally opposite and terribly unlucky event (e.g. dry streak for 10 plvls) that is the basics of RNG. The weighted drops just dictate how likely it is for us to see that happen
They definitely didn't just lower the drop rates I guarantee they're exactly the same. I have no idea how blizzard programs their crappy RNG system. They certainly changed drop rates for example on izzy and added all these new BOA crafting plans, and demonic essences. So isn't it safe to say that more stuff had to be added making less room for legendarys to drop.

Your idea is sound enough, but you're thinking of the wrong drops. Rares may be somewhat affected by the new plans and their increased chance to drop, as well as essences potentially taking a little of the room that potions and gems occupy, but Legendary items aren't affected at all. This is due to the nature of the rolling system. When an item is rolled it determines the quality of an item separately from which item it then goes on to be. So while your rolls will determine if it is Grey, White, Magic, Rare or Legendary, the new Rare items can never affect the amount of Legendary items you have drop. You're just in a spot of bad luck. I saw one myself shortly after the patch went live and then drops I received later made up for it. =)
02/25/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Martimus
Blizzard sets the drop rates

Exactly, they control this so called "RNG" loot systems...
02/25/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Immortal
Exactly, they control this so called "RNG" loot systems...

....Yes, Who else would set them? God? They programmed the damn thing.

I think youre still confused so let me put it plainly. The drop rate for legs was set back in 1.05 at double whatever the previous drop rate was. It has not changed since then. RNG will dictate that within a given time frame, you will probably not see this drop rate because its .............................RANDOM.

If you play long enough, your legs will approximate this drop rate. But that will require a lot of playing.
02/23/2013 04:31 AMPosted by Garmling
on my question...so, does anyone of you out there noticed this same thing about legendaries???

No, if anything my legendary drops have smoothed out a little since patch. No legendary rain storms and no dry spells either.
02/25/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Martimus

So they control the loot system and it cant be RNG, correct? How can something be "RANDOM" when you have the power to control it, makes sense?
02/25/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Immortal

So they control the loot system and it cant be RNG, correct? How can something be "RANDOM" when you have the power to control it, makes sense?

I think what he's saying is that Blizz sets the parameters, but within those parameters the events are random.

Sort of like tossing dice. The outcomes are limited by the number of sides each die has, but the results of the tosses are still random.
Yup, leg drop rates are nerfed. To the ground. That's probably because everyone crafting instead of buying items on AH which makes AH flooded with legs. Which in return nerfing drop rates. Bliz needs to take care of their precious economy so dont complain ;)
02/25/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
I think what he's saying is that Blizz sets the parameters, but within those parameters the events are random.

If they can set parameters on the quantities and qualities of loots and affixes than there's nothing random at all... This is called manipulated RNG... You've to be naive to think that loots are randomly generated...
02/25/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Immortal

If they can set parameters on the quantities and qualities of loots and affixes than there's nothing random at all... This is called manipulated RNG... You've to be naive to think that loots are randomly generated...

You missed this part:

Sort of like tossing dice. The outcomes are limited by the number of sides each die has, but the results of the tosses are still random.