If you were starting a new character...

General Discussion
Play at MP10 to increase the difficulty (the game was fairly too easy . even if playing with "found" gear only).
Maximize MF gear to increase chances at 'fun' loot.

Those of us who played the first few months did not have the MP option and frankly the playthrough from Normal through Hell was fun at first (even though the story was meh) .. but when you did not get ANY legendary or set items through THREE difficulties .. that was a bit demoralizing.
Also throw into the fact that you never got loot that was HIGHER than your level .. it was always lower than your level .. and if you did find something close to your level, you'd outgrow in an hour or two since the game is so gear dependent.

I didn't use the AH on my first run through .. and as tempting as it would be with a new character, it would probably just make the game too easy.

I just wish the drop rates of legendaries and sets were MUCH MUCH higher in the first three difficulties. There is no point in them even existing if the drop rates are so low. They quickly become throwaway once you gain a few levels anyway. (Unlike in D2 where uniques were useful for VERY long times.
Play without buying on the Auction house, gold included (I'd still sell stuff of course).

Probably what ill do with the console version.

This and mostly that: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412492777
02/26/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Alexandros
and the Wizard is just a jerk.

nah man, he's the best, especially paired with the Scoundrel.
I would have changed my main DH character into a woman. I'm thinking of going ahead and creating a female DH just to do it, but I'd lose out on all that paragon.
The game does not give me that endorphin !@#$% d2 does to install it, fire it up and go balls deep in it any day, any time. It was simply designed to hit 60 and quit or make money out of it. I don't play games to make money of em, i play em for fun. Sadly fun does not compute with d3 :(
Practicing on HC for playstation 3 when it releases. I'll have plenty of time.
I would personally start in Hardcore instead of Normal, focus on crafting right off the bat, and pick up everything instead of holding Left CTRL + Mouse Over to see if it’s worth picking up or not. Also, I would initially roll with a Barbarian who uses nothing but 2-handers.
I recently deleted most of my characters and all of my bank and re-rolled as a demon hunter. I'm playing without using the auction house. Makes it a much more enjoyable experience.
03/01/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Grimiku
I would personally start in Hardcore instead of Normal, focus on crafting right off the bat, and pick up everything instead of holding Left CTRL + Mouse Over to see if it’s worth picking up or not. Also, I would initially roll with a Barbarian who uses nothing but 2-handers.

wait wait wait, you can left ctrl and mouse over items on the ground and see their stats?
Last week I started a no-AH char on hardcore, doing a lot of crafting to get my gear. My first attempt died yesterday at lvl 17 already (got surrounded by snakes in act 2, and all defensive skills and potion on cooldown), but it's a lot of fun and feels like an entire new game. Good to bring some variety to playing my lvl 64 paragon monk.
Knowing what I know, I wouldn't start a new character. I wouldn't play at all. Knowing what I know, I would wait another year or however flipping long it is going to take for them to make this game interesting, so that i didn't get burned out playing the earlier, lamer version.
I would have rolled a barb instead of a wiz
wich character should i start with going in HC?
Hardcore and found-only. My internet connection is slightly wonky so I haven't done the first thing yet.

I may well look at doing this sometime this month though. Probably start with a wizard. That's what I like to play.
yep. even Diablo 3 is better in hc mode, sadly the servers have killed many who are aware of this little known fact.
For us d2 oldschool Diablo fans, we've known it all along. 2 LvL 99 hc chars, & one 86 who died gloriously in open world combat.

Such a sad true. HC is the best mode ever, but the fact you can die to disconnections and things out of your control makes it extremely unfair.
I wouldn't change much of anything. Builds and gear are so interchangeable and generalized in D3 that it's not hard to switch from style to style. There's no such thing and character builds in this game anyway.
I just made an elemental ranger, and I'm actually levelling it.. as opposed to getting power levelled through the boring ish.

If i were to level a new char Id probably be less cheap and buy some cains gear with extra monster xp so I could get to playing the game that much faster.