Is Blizzard "done" with Diablo 3?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I just started playing D3, the lure of PVP couldn't keep me away...

But I've been growing slightly worried, I have a friend who is level capped and pretty much gear capped, he can not progress within the game like, any more at all.

He has literally reached the end of the game, and he has no interest to do anything else within the game.

Does Blizzard intend to keep creating content for D3?

Since the game is a flat cost of $60, I assume there is no intention to keep putting work into the game (content wise) because there is no incentive.

Unless Blizzard did expanions.

But then, the game is being ported to PS3/PS4, DLC expansions?

I just would like some concrete answers before I dump hundreds of hours into this game...

:(

I just would like some concrete answers before I dump hundreds of hours into this game...

You won't pay $60 for 'hundreds' of hours of entertainment...whaaaaaa?
An additional point here is that Blizzard do also have a constant revenue stream from D3 with the RMAH (basically micro-transactions) - to keep the RMAH alive they have to keep the game alive.

So I do expect there to be expansions and/or DLC coming.

I would think there will be an expansion pack available at the time D3 releases on consoles, that will be part of the allure to own the game on console 'with additional content' - that we will probably have to pay for on PC, I also expect that with the console release by then we will also have full patch 1.10
I think they will go with DLC.
It's a very simple decision: Play the game or don't.

Seriously, you don't need to be overly dramatic about it.

The game costs $60. Evaluate for yourself if $60 is worth it for you.

If you think you can get even 20 hours of play out of the game, is that worth $60? I know a LOT of console games where I've been lucky to get 30+ hours out of them.

For me, D3 has been well worth the money... despite the things that I haven't liked as much about it.
We have already added in a number of changes like Monster Power, the Paragon system, and the Infernal Machine since launch, and we have every intention of continuing our support for Diablo III. That support covers a lot of stuff like hot fixing critical bugs, class and monster balancing, as well as patching in new content.
I rather want expansion sooner
All they have done so far is throw band-aids on some problems they had at release.

They decided that, since Diablo 2 had ubers, Diablo 3 should have ubers....months after the game was released.

They decided that, since the level 60 cap wasn't good enough (aka they really !@#$ed up), they added 100 paragon levels (essentially going back to the level 99 system of diablo 2).

They decided that, since the game wasn't hard enough or was too hard, they should add monster power to the game (which isn't a terrible idea, but it was added after the several initial failures).

All of these things could have been handled before release. Oh well. It's hard to say if they will do anything new to keep the fan base. One can hope though ;)
02/25/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
We have already added in a number of changes like Monster Power, the Paragon system, and the Infernal Machine since launch, and we have every intention of continuing our support for Diablo III. That support covers a lot of stuff like hot fixing critical bugs, class and monster balancing, as well as patching in new content.

I'd be very disappointed if fixing itemization isn't on the agenda. And I mean proper fixing not band-aid fixes like hellfire rings or account-bound crafted items.

All of that could have been included in the release... they were already all part of Diablo 2.
What SHOULD be done is Blizz should take it like a man, and do what Final Fantasy is doing with their mmo. Shut the game down, take a year, fix it. Give it an overhaul in graphics department, add stat flexibility, rework to gear, rework the level layout, add at least 6 player support, and throw in some real pvp. Stop milking this dead cow, and shut the game down. Give us what we want. Not what you want, what we want.
I just started playing D3, the lure of PVP couldn't keep me away...

But I've been growing slightly worried, I have a friend who is level capped and pretty much gear capped, he can not progress within the game like, any more at all.

He has literally reached the end of the game, and he has no interest to do anything else within the game.

Does Blizzard intend to keep creating content for D3?

Since the game is a flat cost of $60, I assume there is no intention to keep putting work into the game (content wise) because there is no incentive.

Unless Blizzard did expanions.

But then, the game is being ported to PS3/PS4, DLC expansions?

Has your friend tried Hardcore? There are very few level 100s there. I don't think anybody can do MP10 ubers yet. And there is so much to find, because when you find a gfg item, chances are it's one of a kind, or there are only a handful of them (unlike SC where the market is completely saturated). I don't think anybody is "finished" over there.
Does this include the console version? I read that the console version will be getting content up to and including 1.0.7. When the console version is released, will it receive the regular updates in sync with the pc community?

If not, I will not buy a ps4 to play this game, there is no point in reinvesting the time/resources into a game that won't keep up with the version I already have.
This should have been locked.

i was hoping for the acknowledgement of an expansion like the OP mentioned. that would be cool too!
Content such as new areas to explore isn't the issue....soon as you clear the new content, it's game over all over again. They need to add systems that make redoing the same content in a different manner fun and rewarding. More item diversity, skill customization(not necessarily points/skill tree....), new competitive game modes, ladder events etc. Ya know, stuff that is self sustaining. Could you imagine trying to do a horde mode on hardcore or having bnet sponsored gladiator style pvp for SC and HC. PvP to the death for a prize that's monitored for hacks by blizz, live streamed. Just food for thought.