A message to Blizzard.

General Discussion
In relation to the reasoning of why Diablo 3 for the ps3/ps4 is offline.

Please note that you are contradicting your original design philosophies of why D3 was not going to be offline in the first place.

You have conned us all.

Blizzard, I honestly feel that you are a horrible, horrible obscure bunch of heartless bastards.

Feel free to track the playtime of all the games attached to my account (including W3RoC, W3TFT, WoW and D3) you will see that I am no longer going to play any of your games. Goodbye forever.
Hopefully you won't be like all the other "quitters" and continue to play the forums.

Oh and offline mode on a console, they can have it. Considering they won't be on B.Net who cares?
wow lol dudes mad :p
02/26/2013 02:02 PMPosted by DragonFlyy
Oh and offline mode on a console, they can have it. Considering they won't be on B.Net who cares?

Well, offline mode for the Mac/PC version wouldn't be on battle.net either. It's..(wait for it)... offline. Hence why players want it here too. We honestly couldn't care less about being connected to battle.net other than to authenticate our copy/account status each patch cycle (which is necessary to get said patches).

The true and almost self-explanitory obvious reason that D3 is online is for the money. It always has been. Their design goal with this was to stop an offline mode D3 from being hacked to accompany their RMAH. Not to easily "connect to your friends or play in multiplayer games" from the get-and-go like they ignorantly claim. It was so that hacked items could not be sold on the GAH/RMAH's.

I say this again, "the main and only justified reason Diablo 3 on the PC has an online requirement is for the GAH/RMAH". You have to be blind to not see see this.

I am deeply outraged that console gamers get this offline option, deeply and utterly outraged. You know what is going to follow right? - If the offline option remains decided then the console version of D3 won't have a RMAH and possibly a GAH. Think about it. How could they allow the RMAH to operate under such circumstances? Aquire an item while offline and post it for $200 online. Do you see how flawed that would be to work 100% legitimately? If not then go read something else. Anyways my point is there won't be a RMAH/GAH in the PS3 version if they keep it offline, or they would be stupid to allow it so.This takes the biscuit for me, it's the last straw and I wave goodbye to this !@#$ty company. Blizzards games have been my life for the last 7 years and I can humbly say I've enjoyed most of it, but this is a right piss take.

Console gamers will get offline mode and no AH's

Again, Console gamers will get offline mode and no AH's.

WHAT A GOD DAMN MUTHA FCKN LIBERTY
Blizzard, I honestly feel that you are a horrible, horrible obscure bunch of heartless bastards.

I think I like you xD
02/26/2013 02:12 PMPosted by TheTias

Well, offline mode for the Mac/PC version wouldn't be on battle.net either. It's..(wait for it)... offline. Hence why players want it here too. We honestly couldn't care less about being connected to battle.net other than to authenticate our copy/account status each patch cycle (which is necessary to get said patches).

Not having to play with a patched version is the #1 reason to play offline as far as I'm concerned. I would still be playing version 1.0 if I could.
God damn right ^
You've got it 100% correct, OP. The sheep that cannot see it are blinded by their fanboyism. It's sad.
A message to the OP

PC:
If there are more files on the game servers, the less chance for hacks and cheats. The less chance. Less!

The more files the client has, the higher the chance for hacks and cheats. Lessen the chance for hacks and cheats by requiring more files to be on the server. That requires online only.

Console:
The game is played from a closed disk. The files cannot be changed on a closed disk. Because the files cannot be changed on a closed disk, offline is available.

:)

/facepalm
02/27/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Goodbye forever.

Goodbye :)

Ditto!

Why is offline capability on a console, on an unattached network, bothering anyone? Good for them! People will be able to play offline on the PS3/PS4. I guess I will too as I'm a rather compulsive gamer/collector and will be sure to have those versions as well. The reality of consoles is that it's a tainted pool. People always manage to cheat like mad one way or another. There is still most of the integrity of this game left on PC and I'm really not bothered by them keeping it that way. People need to understand that as soon as they place all game resources offline the pirates win outright. There are already offline D3 clients available and they're really only missing the files for the drop system. You hand them that and it's all over. We'll have code insertion left and right and the game will end up being entirely over-run by all the same issues that plagued D2. They would have to entirely re-engineer the game's code and internal file system in order to put out an offline client on PC that they could even hope to keep separate from the online game. I seriously doubt it happening..
02/27/2013 04:04 AMPosted by DJames
I say this again, "the main and only justified reason Diablo 3 on the PC has an online requirement is for the GAH/RMAH". You have to be blind to not see see this.

During the first few months when the idea of piracy was a big thing, the design of the game pretty much kept that from happening altogether. If anyone put together a fully functional and completely populated simulator for the server piece of the game (random map generation, loot rolls, combat and a lot of other stuff) I'm not aware of it.

So there are other reasons.