Travel back to Diablo 2 towns? A new Hero?

Community Creations
Hello everybody, I've been playing Diablo since when I was very young and continued to play it throughout my teenage years and so on. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you (the community) to see if anybody would agree. This is only my opinion so feel free to agree or disagree with anything.

One of my all time favorite games was "Diablo 2." With that said, after playing Diablo 3 and advancing through the paragon levels, I feel like there is atmosphere missing to D3. I've spent a little time brainstorming how to give it more of a previous Diablo feeling:

Though the map does change, the outskirts of the map does not. One great example of what I'm trying to say is in act 3, the castle is the same. You walk the same path to get to the Stonefort and so on. I wish that blizzard would make it more interesting by switching it up once in awhile. I know that this is very time consuming to do but it's just an opinion :).

My second though was very unique and clashed with my Diablo feelings. What if, and just hear me out, there was a way to visit Diablo 2 "camps" such as a rogue camp or Lut gholein as a bonus so the player (you or me) wouldn't have to progress through the campaign every time we wanted to level. Sure, it's fun but I wouldn't mind seeing something different.

I'm already expecting the expansion to have this, but I'll say it anyways. A new type of character. If you haven't noticed, two characters use dexterity, two use intelligence, but only one of them uses strength.

The last thing I'll say before finishing up is I feel that people rely on the auction house way too much, at a very low level continued up to level 60 or in the paragons.

-Deathbringer
I definitely agree with the changing-the-maps-up idea, making the maps random. That was one thing I always loved about D2: going onto Battle.Net, joining someone's game, and whooping up on some demons, obliterating the bosses, and then joining another game to do it all again, and retain the thrill of the hunt.

If there'll ever be an expansion to Diablo 3, I hope they add a class that shapeshifts. It doesn't have to be the druid from LoD, but some form shapeshifting class.

I also hope that they have a boss fight with Imperius. We almost saw that in Act 4, if it weren't for Diablo and his shennanigans.
I definitely agree with the changing-the-maps-up idea, making the maps random. That was one thing I always loved about D2: going onto Battle.Net, joining someone's game, and whooping up on some demons, obliterating the bosses, and then joining another game to do it all again, and retain the thrill of the hunt.

If there'll ever be an expansion to Diablo 3, I hope they add a class that shapeshifts. It doesn't have to be the druid from LoD, but some form shapeshifting class.

I also hope that they have a boss fight with Imperius. We almost saw that in Act 4, if it weren't for Diablo and his shennanigans.

I do enjoy the thought of fighting Imperius, and i also want to see how it will start, but lets be real here, the game is "Diablo", not "Hey kids, lets kill the angel leader :D". although i have read that they will turn him into the angel or demon lord of corruption and get Leah's soul from "The Unformed Land" (Witch Doctor) and fight Malthael (Angel of Wisdom) to get her soul to help with I forgot what. then after killing Imperius, Malthael will turn archangel of life, Tyreal will be angel of Justice again, and Leah will be archangel of wisdom. This is just information from another forum by a developer asking if the story sounds good.

I want to find that Dirgest's gem that Coventus Shen keeps talking about, also to go to Kingsport with Lyndon(Scoundrel) to bail out or free his bro and attack the thieves guild, Help Kormac (Templar) with his Order Problems and see him approach the enchantress or somthing, and probably find a sister of Eireana (Enchantress).

I also want them to add the Necromancer. I play the witch doctor the most just so i can get the feeling of the Necromancer, I don't care if there needs to be another strength hero or if the witch doctor is to simaler.I WANT NECRO!!! But if no necro (which is pretty obvious) I think druid strength is what they will add.

Sorry if I had any grammar or spelling issues. Also I laughed when I read,
03/03/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Loperixie

Ahh Diablo and his shennanigans.
I agree with everything I have have rad in this post and definitely agree the idea of having the necromancer return as a playable character
it would be no surprise since there are 2 npc on diablo 3 made by the image and with the skills of the necro, jondar is one of them...

as for expansion new towns, i think probably blizzard already thinked that, just see the npc backstories, most of them talk about interesting stories in other places, like the order in the westmarch, the cursed gem (it could be skovos or xiangsai), lyndon and the kingsport, eirena and the prophet (probably malthael) now that could be a goback to the pandemonium fortress.. it would be nice to have an excuse to go back somewhere in old towns, but if they do, that could probably bloat the plot a little more since there are not logical ways to make that happen..