Latest Developer Journal Now Up!

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 5 6 7 18 Next
That's good to hear that you're increasing density in the other acts!

Also interesting is the idea to make certain NPC's drop certain items. I wonder if it's possible to make it somewhat like D2, so certain areas can be farmed for certain things (ie Countess, Meph, Pindle, Baal, Pits, and so forth). Might help with "act 3 farming" concerns?
Hey Travis, I really want to thank you for finally introducing some level of transparency to the creative forces behind the game, it's really great to have an idea of what to expect, and to hear that feedback is actually being used. I was wondering if you have anything resembling an ETA on 1.0.8? Ballpark? Hehehe. Thanks again big guy.
"a Wizard Orb that allowed for two Hydras to be active at once"

So first Hydra will deal 100% weapon dmg as normal hydra and the second one will deal 0.01% dmg of the weapon. Very useful.

Ther should be 3-4 items each summon different hydra. When i'm using my hydra skill venom. I'm going to summon venom as main skill and second hydra according to my legendary item. Each deals the same amount of damage. Second as a normal skill.

Blizzard yuu should add new maps and new events in the game. Somethink like Whimsyshire.
We should be able to change legendary items affixes and new slot etc. via NPC.
03/05/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Rooder
Hey Travis, I really want to thank you for finally introducing some level of transparency to the creative forces behind the game, it's really great to have an idea of what to expect, and to hear that feedback is actually being used. I was wondering if you have anything resembling an ETA on 1.0.8? Ballpark? Hehehe. Thanks again big guy.

You are thankful for "some transparency"...... I cannot wait till they say what they mean, and mean what they say instead of things like "Scripting could get you banned." But you never answer why your d3 mouse has that option, and if so could I script using that? And among other things. I just find this the most ironic, since they themselves sell something that does "banable" offense, and yet have not answer this question since D3 release.
03/05/2013 02:44 PMPosted by bitterman
I am assuming this will include gems. I hope.

Sure does!
Appreciate the updates Travis & Wyatt!
Everything sounds well and good but the garbage drops is what is driving people away. We need more legendary drops now so we can at least get a chance to get something that a character can actually use. Then later maybe just maybe we can get a permanent fix to the drop problem the average player has. Rares and legendary drops still need to be plentiful but there needs to be a better chance of a good find. Too many would be good if what if was designed for (let's say a barb) would have strength on it for a change. Usually now no str but plenty of int and dex. This makes the item useless for a barb. Please do what should have been done from the start, give us a Diablo game where we want to farm for the great drops that we are getting that we can actually put on our character. Oh, and by the way need to go past lvl 100 as alot of us are already there and don't want to have to change our favorate character now that is part of us.
Can you add other things to that list aswell such as crafting multiple flawless square gems to make a total of 20 of the next gem?.

And add a option to change a characters name?. or is that something that will never be changed because its a big loss for someone who is high paragon and not liking there name.
03/05/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Travis Day
I am assuming this will include gems. I hope.

Sure does!

I love you Travis.
The developer journal has sparked hope within me that I haven't felt in awhile. I'd like to extend my thanks to Travis Day (and the rest of the D3 team) for looking into some of the core issues with the current item system. I don't have much to comment on most of the post, other than offering a thumbs up, except that I disagree with the class-based drops.

Another idea is that we introduce a system that will help alleviate some of the bad randomness players encounter by ensuring that at least some of the Rare and Legendary items you find will be something good for your class.

People who were playing less popular classes would feel forced to switch to the more popular ones in order to not get low value drops. As it currently is, int classes are better off finding str or dex gear which they can sell to buy int gear, rather than finding the int gear directly. With the system suggested above, they would just find even more int gear (ie. their drops would have lower value on average). One solution I could see to this, would be to have occasional BoA drops tailored to your class that has higher rolls. So using the example from the journal, if rares were changed to roll 75-100 int, then the class-targeted rares could be BoA, but roll 85-100 int.

This would insure that all classes would still be on even ground when rolling an AH-tradeable item, but would also offer a benefit for self-found players, or just players who generally prefer to farm their own gear rather than buying it.
If infernal farming means you can get any legendary in the game with end game stats I definitely like wt im reading....and thx blizzard for "id all"
Identify all
Mob density
craft all
Ah tool tip
better itemization

Man, 2013 is gonna be all of a year for Diablo3 :) I'm really ecstatic about it!
Can't wait !!!
^^^^ Overlooked the answer to my question...whoops.
I really like the idea of comparing stats in ah to your current gear. I hate number crunching and it totally blows when u spend millions of gold on an item in the AH and its not a huge upgrade or even ends up decreasing your dps etc lol
Thank you Travis and all, for listening and making things happening. The more communication we get, the better we feel. Keep up the good work at improving the game!
03/05/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
Wizards don't use Strength, Demon Hunters don't use Intelligence so let's just remove those as potential random attributes on Orbs and Quivers respectively.

Not that Barb weaps are any good, but does this mean that barb weapons can no longer roll int?