Anything else to do other than farming act 3?

General Discussion
03/03/2013 12:35 PMPosted by flyinghamsta
I've been farming Act 3 on MP0 to MP3 for many many hours. Must be at least 50 - 60 hours, switching between a couple of classes and I've found exactly nothing! I haven't found anything in the last 100 hours or so of game play. Pretty much given up on the game. The only thing you can do after beating to inferno on a few classes is grind for loot. But finding anything is damn near impossible, at least for me anyway.

Have you tried the new crafting? Seems like it would be a significant improvement over your current gear.

I've tried crafting but, it's expensive and so far the roles haven't been very good. Wasted a lot of money on bad roles and 1.25 million for the Archon chest piece book is pretty expensive too. My characters suck so I can't farm effectively for the gold I need to make stuff so I can farm effectivley :P

Everything seems to be either farm 'til your sick of farming and hope for the one in a billion drop or buy gold to spend on the AH. I refuse to do the latter and the former is getting a bit boring. They have to do something about the drop chance in the game. I know rares are supposed to be rare but, throw us a freakin' bone now and again to keep it interesting!
Act 3 MP0 is widely considered to be the most efficient area but you spoil the fun if you only ever farm the few zones there.

Farming higher MP difficulties are perfectly viable now.
I've farmed MP4+ almost exclusively since 1.0.7 and still get plenty of XP and legendary drops.

I've been farming Act 3 on MP0 to MP3 for many many hours. Must be at least 50 - 60 hours, switching between a couple of classes and I've found exactly nothing! I haven't found anything in the last 100 hours or so of game play. Pretty much given up on the game. The only thing you can do after beating to inferno on a few classes is grind for loot. But finding anything is damn near impossible, at least for me anyway.

I keep reading post after post with people saying "farm this area, legendary drops every 10 minutes!!!" or something similar. So, like an idiot, I keep playing and waiting for that lucky drop and still, I get absolutley nothing.

Actually, I did get 1 level 63 legendary crossbow yesterday that had a massive dps of almost 400! Took about 5 seconds to turn it into brimstone. I mean wtf a level 63 legendary with 360 dps?

One thing i've been trying to find is a decent wand. I can never get even a yellow one to drop. I finally got one to drop this morning, ilvl 63 - dps 271. Again wtf?

get some friends and farm with them. at least you have some1 to talk with. I do that sometimes even it's harder and longer but at least you enjoy
Do what I do

Play hardcore

Get to 60 (20) or so farming act 3.

Get bored of farming act 3

Get killed in act 4

Start over
OP you are in the same "limbo" that many players get stuck in. The only way out is to spend like 5$ on gold, get better gear, clear faster... to the point that it is actually "efficient".

Otherwise, you will be stuck at 1-5 mil gold in your inventory forever... unless you get lucky and get something worth 50-500mil... which never happens.
Hi everyone, I'm madan, the guy who enjoyed diablo 3 a full month after it's release and then quited because Inferno was too mother fudging hard.

I am back now for a week or so, started at inferno MP0. All I've done in the past 20hours of gameplay is farm act 3 over and over and over again. I started with 100kcash and horrible gear (9kdps, 600all resistances and 75k life) and now after a week I'm in MP5 doing pretty well in my opinion.

I would like to know, is there anything else to do other than farm act3? I mean it's getting pretty boring already. What do you guys do to get money and items?

Thanks alot,

Madan, the guy trying his best to enjoy Diablo III.

Trolling in general chat, forum, take off gear and look at your character for hours.
Do what I do

Play hardcore

Get to 60 (20) or so farming act 3.

Get bored of farming act 3

Get killed in act 4

Start over

that's what i like HC, noone dares to use real money haha I will be new mem in HC soon
If you're tired of farming act 3, you can go play PoE and farm docks for maps by holding shift and using a ranged/cone attack. Then when you're bored of doing that, you can come back and farm Act 3 some more! Yay ARPGs!
I run the core over and over for gobs.

its the closest thing to the old A2 gob runs, which was some of the most run i had in the game to date.
I switch it up with Act2 Assassian vault runs and occassionally Fester wood>fields of misery>a1 warden runs. Just for a change of scenery, not cause im farming it as a strategy.
A1 is fun on higher MPs than I can normally handle. Not as efficient, but fun.
The game is about running maps with low density ... thats why they cap movement speed so you cant actually find stuff to kill.. it ends up drawing out things making the game appear to be longer then it really is
all i do is farm act 3 and it does get boring after about 10 runs
03/03/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Madan
I am back now for a week or so, started at inferno MP0. All I've done in the past 20hours of gameplay is farm act 3 over and over and over again. I started with 100kcash and horrible gear (9kdps, 600all resistances and 75k life) and now after a week I'm in MP5 doing pretty well in my opinion.

welcome back, and congratz with your fast progression..

I would like to know, is there anything else to do other than farm act3? I mean it's getting pretty boring already. What do you guys do to get money and items?

act 3 is definitely the best place to grind level & loot from white mob.
But if you're looking for some demonic essence & elites drop, you could try Act 2 VoA (Vault of Assassin)

And currently I'm still playing/fighting with uber boss
(more info:http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6265182/New_Event_Infernal_Machine-16_10_2012)

If you never try this, perhaps you should try.
For me, fighting these bosses are giving me some unique challenge feelings.
Especially when fighting magda & leoric. (I notice they seems to buff magda attack damage now, dealt more damage than before, and the animation are different to from before too) - not sure about other MP than MP10 tho, lately I only do MP10 uber, so i'm not sure about magda on the other MPs

the 35% bonus exp are a bit to low now. But what makes me feel like to do uber fight are more because of the challenge, if I able to obtain a trifect hellring someday, I'll take it the same as winning a lottery

and you still can upgrade your hero's gear. there are still a lots of improvement that you could make.
Like for example the feeling to want to makes your character stronger should become your motivation on playing (farming)

and you still only own 1 hero char/class.
why not try other classes?

and things are still sold on the RMAH, so if you're looking for some extra $ from your hobby.
Its got its own self satisfactory when you made it to sold some things on the RMAH :)

Hope my post helps you on your quest to enjoy D3 :)

Thanks alot,

you're welcome
my advice is to play casually on softcore just going around killing what you want to kill, maybe pvp'ing a bit.

however, if you want to have FUN, then play hardcore; preferably with a couple friends.

The reason I say this is because softcore as it stands right now doesn't offer a lot to do besides farm act 3 (and the AH) as you said. Maybe when the expansion comes out this will change... but I guarantee if you follow the same "loot-obsessed" standards that many others play by you will eventually get bored and maybe even frustrated with this game. Just sayin'.
Go to Ah and buy a nice two hand. Enjoy the HOTA + rend build
Go to Ah and buy a belt with reduce weapon throw cost. Enjoy the range bar build
Go to Ah and buy a shield . try a tank build

Dont forget to try your WW or others build in mp7 act 3.
keeps2, MP10.

Sounds like a chore. Shouldn't it be the other way around, that the game should be trying to entertain you.
Really nice post from you and thanks for the advices! Thumbs up to you!

After reading all of you guys post I'll do this :
-Farm VotA
-Roll a hardcore character
-Get more into crafting my own things
-Play more casually and not only think about getting the best gear!
Why everyones playing candy crush? Coz they got nothing to do~