Help with Vsync/Max FPS

Technical Support
I'm wondering which option would be better for my computer/running D3. Right now, I have Vsync enabled with Max Foreground FPS at 35 checked, and Max Background FPS at 8. It's stable enough where it doesn't stutter when I'm running. When I disable Vsync, but keep the Max Fore/Back FPS checked with the settings aforementioned, I don't notice a difference in performance, but during cutscenes there's massive tearing. Now if I disable Max Fore/Back and only enable Vysnc, my fps is better, but stutters a little too much, like I'm running, and it skips. So which option will be easier on my graphics card? My card is a GeForce GT 545, so not that good. Should I just keep the settings I have now (Vsync and Max Fore/Back at 35/8 enabled)?
Bump, any suggestions would be appreciated!
in game go to the video options.
uncheck:
vertical sync
max foreground fps
max background fps
anti-aliasing

now go into your Nvidia Control panel and use the graphics card settings to do this stuff. it handles things much better then the game software does.
make sure vertical sync is (on) in the control panel
make sure triple buffering is (on) this gives vertical sync better performance
and for all the anti-aliasing settings you may have to just play with them a little until you are happy.
I did as you said and I didn't really notice anything different than when I had them enabled in the game. Vsync enabled in Nvidia gives me the same result/fps as Vsync enabled in-game. I just switched the Nvidia control panel options back to Use 3D application settings.
MedievalFan,

There's no set way to do it that pleases everyone due to all the hardware/software combinations out there. Personally, what works best for me is to use Vertical Sync, disable the fps limiters completely, and play in Full Screen mode. I keep the Nvidia Control Panel settings on the factory default settings and use the 306.97 release drivers.
I see, thanks for the input Omrakos. I might just play it that way, as I get basically good fps, and no screen tearing during cutscenes.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to get screen tearing with low fps? In another game I maxed my fps to 30, yet I get screen tearing. I thought screen tearing only happened when your fps was too high?
I see, thanks for the input Omrakos. I might just play it that way, as I get basically good fps, and no screen tearing during cutscenes.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to get screen tearing with low fps? In another game I maxed my fps to 30, yet I get screen tearing. I thought screen tearing only happened when your fps was too high?

screen tearing is the result of your monitor not keeping up with your graphics card. so if you have a cheap monitor your results will definitely be scewed toward the side of not being able to find a happy place.

i dont know what kind of monitor you have of course since you didnt post it, but that is the reason.

on the other side of things you get frame skipping and freezing due to other hardware. this is a little more harder to pin down because it can be attributed to processor, ram, graphics card, etc. so there are more things to look into.