Blizzard why DPSand tDPS

General Discussion
I understand tDPS shows "true" damage but why not just show us this damage in game.

I don't understand why I have to use a non-blizzard website to calculate my damage?
+1

Having to go to untrustworthy non-Blizzard sites to get information on their game is silly and puts players needlessly at risk of possible account compromise.
Blizz has always been known to have a lot of hidden game mechanics. Take skill proc coefficients for example...
Why not just allow us to see this in game? It's discouraging for players go don't know where they're going wrong if they don't know about tDPS and if they do know then they ask what I've asked. Why not include a legit blizzard calc in game?
The proper way wouldn't be a calculator, it'd be a damage meter, and from what I understand, the code actually exists in the game, it's just hidden.
Like I'm okay with this, I can deal with a 3rd party website. But how many players have quit because of these "hidden" aspects?

Include a d3rawr calculator in game, would that not be easy enough and be appreciated by the ignorant or naive?
03/02/2013 05:11 PMPosted by MWGrun
Include a d3rawr calculator in game, would that not be easy enough and be appreciated by the ignorant or naive?

I think even the non-ignorant would appreciate such a feature. To be able to see all those statistics in game would actually be really nice.

I know I would welcome said feature. And if the code is already there ...
03/02/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Lancenig
Blizz has always been known to have a lot of hidden game mechanics. Take skill proc coefficients for example...

^^

There is so many hidden mechanics in the game that affect how much damage. Or how much damage you take and how many actual EHP that your really have.

Each critter is different and takes damage differently from the same attacks. That is why both sheet dps and EHP is always gonna be a guide at best. You will never be able to look at either as gospel.
Bump
"true" dps is dependant on your build. What % weapon dmg modifiers on the skills ur using etc.
Sheet dps is just a guideline.
Oh I'm aware of what they are, my question is why not include tDPS in game instead of a misleading guideline?