High dps glasscanon RAMPAGE

Demon Hunter
Looks super fun compared to the normal builds/ boring farming lol. Would love to join you guys on one of your runs sometimes if possible.
03/18/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Muse
Looks super fun compared to the normal builds/ boring farming lol. Would love to join you guys on one of your runs sometimes if possible.

Sure add us in game ^^ we can even help you if u wanna try the build

FLIGHT#1109
Ahead of yah.. Been working with DiEoxidE ..
Mind if I add you too FLIGHT. I gained alot from DiE there. Learning still and far from good. But I would love to see the slight difference in play style as you have a slightly different build to DiE's ...

I think he should change his name though .. to BRUCE WILLIS . DiEhard .. .ahaha..
Nice video. I'm pretty amazed you can survive with such low ehp. Reminds me of the days when my gear was horrible and I used to have to stutter step all the time to survive and still take down elites.

I'm not sure if it's any more efficient than someone with a bit less dps but more ehp that doesn't have to move around as much. I think that's one thing I like about D3, you can have different playstyles and they can all be effective. You can go glass and be effective, you can go tank and be effective, both with the same class.

I personally like falling somewhere in the middle and running balanced. I find tanking with high ehp to be sort of easy mode, where as glass to me is a bit too much work. I want a bit of a challenge, but I also want to chill a bit because I spend all day working so I don't want to work at gaming.
Ahead of yah.. Been working with DiEoxidE ..
Mind if I add you too FLIGHT. I gained alot from DiE there. Learning still and far from good. But I would love to see the slight difference in play style as you have a slightly different build to DiE's ...

I think he should change his name though .. to BRUCE WILLIS . DiEhard .. .ahaha..

Lol sure add me im online now

FLIGHT#1109
I'm not sure if it's any more efficient than someone with a bit less dps but more ehp that doesn't have to move around as much. I think that's one thing I like about D3, you can have different playstyles and they can all be effective. You can go glass and be effective, you can go tank and be effective, both with the same class.

I wish more ppl could understand that +1
03/18/2013 04:01 PMPosted by FLIGHT

I wish more ppl could understand that +1

Hey Flight or Dioxide with your stutter stepping do you have move bound to another key (not left click?) Also if you could look at my profile (Europe) and give me a few pointers on what to try and improve (other than everything) before anything else. One more thing I'm guessing you must have mouse sensitivity set very high? No rush to get back to me but cheers if you do.
Now if only I have a very stable internet connection :(

I can't do GC with my horrid net connection thats why I stick with TankDH. Oh well. ^_^

Kudos to you guys though.
nice video....
learned a lot ....

i been manticore user before, but now i in love with my calamity (although it low dps)

the attack speed making the different.

refill of discipline not a issue anymore.

for survibility in high mp, my personal experience, calamity is better. perma gloom is possible.
still trying to perma stun.
anyone success in perma stun? mind share ur tactic? :)
03/18/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Divinewind
Hey Flight or Dioxide with your stutter stepping do you have move bound to another key (not left click?) Also if you could look at my profile (Europe) and give me a few pointers on what to try and improve (other than everything) before anything else. One more thing I'm guessing you must have mouse sensitivity set very high? No rush to get back to me but cheers if you do.

Add me in game ill will help you tomorrow. I should be on around 5-6Pm east

for survibility in high mp, my personal experience, calamity is better. perma gloom is possible.

I do perma stun
3.2atkspd
03/18/2013 07:03 PMPosted by FLIGHT

Add me in game ill will help you tomorrow. I should be on around 5-6Pm east

I do perma stun
3.2atkspd

sent you a message on the youtube channel. id join your game but im in the EU servers.
Nice work and nice video. Love to join you guys but I m from different time zone (Asia). Working during the day and play at night. Dieoxide and Muse are in my friend list.

Did 4 DH uber MP10 with Muse b4 and I love it. We should do it more often.

I am getting a calamity soon to vary things. BTW, what dps calamity should I buy and around how much? I want a reasonably good one. Bored doing the same stuff everyday. ^^
Nice work and nice video. Love to join you guys but I m from different time zone (Asia). Working during the day and play at night. Dieoxide and Muse are in my friend list.

I am getting a calamity soon to vary things. BTW, what dps calamity should I buy and around how much? I want a reasonably good one. Bored doing the same stuff everyday. ^^

I'd say a calamity with 1200+ dps, open socket and at least 85% crit damage. You can get away with getting a calamity in the lower 1200's if the crit damage is fairly high, such as 93% or above. The opposite is also true (higher weapon damage, lower 80's% crit damage).

Don't worry about the mark of death % as this is more dependent on the arrow/rune you choose than whats on your weapon, so don't spend extra gold for a similar calamity with higher mark %. Other than that, happy DH'ing! :D

I'd say a calamity with 1200+ dps, open socket and at least 85% crit damage. You can get away with getting a calamity in the lower 1200's if the crit damage is fairly high, such as 93% or above. The opposite is also true (higher weapon damage, lower 80's% crit damage).

Don't worry about the mark of death % as this is more dependent on the arrow/rune you choose than whats on your weapon, so don't spend extra gold for a similar calamity with higher mark %. Other than that, happy DH'ing! :D

Thx for your advise. Will get one soon.
I totally could not play this way for typical farming runs...I'd have carpal tunnel in a matter of days! Good skills on display though, well done.
03/19/2013 09:21 AMPosted by deckard
I totally could not play this way for typical farming runs...I'd have carpal tunnel in a matter of days! Good skills on display though, well done.

lol @ carpal tunnel .... try plaing a CM Wiz..... much worse.

my "weigh in" on this is somewhat mixed and forgive if I come across as negative as it isn't truly my intent but more just based on experience and how the game has evolved.

In the "good old days" (funny term as the game is like 10months old) there was a very high distinction between GC and Non GC builds.

GC stacked DEX/ASI/CC/CD and threw caution to the wind with regards to any type of Vit and RA. and if it happened to have it on there so be it.

Differences between GC builds and Normal builds showed the GC builds typically ran between 10k-20k HP (and 20k was almost non-gc at the time). The biggest difference between a GC build and non GC build was of course the DPS numbers. Typical GC builds stacked and stacked for dps and many times were 2-4x the dps of other players who were going for a more balanced approach. GC builds were guaranteed to get 1-shotted in inferno and for that matter most builds were unless you were very tanky.

I am not familiar with today's GC classification in regards to y'all calling yourselves GCs. I mean Dioxide has 51k HP and showing 301 RA. I can't see how this in any sense of the term can call this build a GC build. While the EHP is low @ 348k it is still has survivability in it.

Flight on the other hand has more of a GC build. 34k HP (borderline in my book based on newer stats compared to the old days), 142 RA (1/2 from INT on character and 1/2 from Nat boots as nat boots seems to be only piece of gear with RA on it that I see) and < 105k EHP.

I'm just not seeing where a "GC" build is that beneficial in today's world other than to say you did it and enjoy the little bit of adrenaline rush knowing you will be 1-shotted. As I mentioned above here in my post the 2 things that set GC builds apart was 1> ultra low HP/RA(survivability) and 2> insane dps compared to all others.

I'm just not seeing the "insane dps" in some aspects. there are builds with the same or higher DPS as flight/dieoxide with tons more survivability set in. In my case I'm currently at 292k dps unbuffed. Flight is at 357k unbuffed (22.26% more DPS than me). Dieoxide is at 345k DPS unbuffed (18.1% dps increase)

So one would need to ask themselves.... are Flight and dieoxide truly GCs? I'd put Flight in that category I guess even though the HP is a bit high. Since there is almost no RA and very low EHP I think that certainly would kinda qualify by today's standards.

However only comparing myself to Flight:

I have 22.26% Less Unbuffed DPS compared to Flight
I have 630% More EhP compared to Flight

I have 18.1 Less Unbuffed DPS compared to Dieoxide
I have 118% more EHP compared to Dieoxide.

I'm just not seeing the huge DPS differences anymore and the only thing I can attribute not having more survivability at this point is one purposefully making choices to not have RA or Vit on their builds which I just don't understand as a whole since one can have both now a days. I look at diabloprogress in the americas... and it is very common to see 350K+ Unbuffed DHs with 550k EHP or higher..... so again don't see the one piece of the GC build as far as "outrageous" DPS compared to others .....

Happy Hunting all :)
Bubba - I think the point is budget. Not everyone has massive elite kills and the budget to gear really high dps AND really high ehp at the same time. So, people with limited playtime and budgets have to make a choice. They can gear glass with high dps, or balanced, or more tanky with less dps. I think the point is they can choose to gear glass, get very high dps, and not spend a fortune in time/money (time is money friend!) on gear. If they learn to play and are skilled in not getting hit they can have high dps without spending the significantly high additional cost of getting high ehp with high dps.
@BubbaGump:

Hey man, I can definitely see where you are coming from. Also note that this video is going on a few weeks old, so our gear has been modified a little as we continue to craft and what not. The numbers you see on my gear EHP wise is not the same as it was during that video.

I also want to note that I'm constantly trying to evolve my style and builds. In the video, I was using gloom. In most cases I generally don't use gloom, but because I was experimenting trying to edge out as much edps as possible, I lowered my EHP lower than I'd usually run (much closer to flights numbers). In the recent, I went back to upping my EHP a little so that I can use Shadow Power Glide and not get one shotted. I find that Glide works better for me then gloom and therefore I'm having to make up the difference that I'm not getting with gloom, on my gear but as I said, only enough to be able to take one hit from an elite on mp 10.

Glass cannon terminology is a bit different today than it was before. It's a lot easier nowadays to find decent gear, compared to how it was near release. Also because of how builds have evolved and game changes with each patch, making inferno much easier means you can already skimp on some defense. These things ultimately closed the huge gap between glass cannons and balanced/tanky setups as far as DPS.

You are correct, playing a glass cannon in today's metagame isn't nearly as beneficial as it use to be. By playing a glass cannon though in the DH class, our gear is ultimately cheaper than building to tank. We can also squeeze out a little more EDPS (not just paper dps) because we can take advantage of the benefits of our class for staying ranged. I can literally churn out a constant 47% damage boost to all my skills on a target nearly 100% of the time, something I can't do if I was tanking. The benefit is ultimately more so in the gear cost as not everyone can afford the cost to face tank mp 10. Some people also find this play more exhilarating and rewarding because you're really working for it.

Sorry for any misconceptions.
03/19/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Merlin
Bubba - I think the point is budget. Not everyone has massive elite kills and the budget to gear really high dps AND really high ehp at the same time. So, people with limited playtime and budgets have to make a choice. They can gear glass with high dps, or balanced, or more tanky with less dps. I think the point is they can choose to gear glass, get very high dps, and not spend a fortune in time/money (time is money friend!) on gear. If they learn to play and are skilled in not getting hit they can have high dps without spending the significantly high additional cost of getting high ehp with high dps.

awwwwwwwww come on merlin.... we agree on so much stuff... LOLOLOL... While I can agree to a point with what you are saying regarding "budget" statements.... budgets are generally according to what you have available as gold. This affects a lot of lower-gc builds but doesn't necessarily translate to higher DPS GC Builds.

price these out for me in your head:

Lacuni
137 DEX
ASI 8%
CC 6%

Amulet:
27-58 DMG
112 Dex
42 Vit
7% ASI
88% CD
7.5% CC

Ring:
33-66 DMG
85 DEX
6% ASI
42% CD
4.5% CC

Nat Reflection Ring:
33 Min Damage
86 Dex
9% ASI
36% CD
3.5% CC

Gloves:
189 Dex
67 VIT
8% ASI
39% CD
9.5% CC

Marquis Gems = 6 (5 Emerald and 1 Ruby)

Lets kinda "stop" at the moment and reflect on the above listed gear.... that is some of the gear Flight shows on diabloprogress. I'm not seeing "budget" in this gear. I'm guessing just those pieces... are in the multi billion range at this point combined.

Where is budget?

BTW... Nice gear you got Flight :)
@BubbaGump:

Hey man, I can definitely see where you are coming from. Also note that this video is going on a few weeks old, so our gear has been modified a little as we continue to craft and what not. The numbers you see on my gear EHP wise is not the same as it was during that video.

I also want to note that I'm constantly trying to evolve my style and builds. In the video, I was using gloom. In most cases I generally don't use gloom, but because I was experimenting trying to edge out as much edps as possible, I lowered my EHP lower than I'd usually run (much closer to flights numbers). In the recent, I went back to upping my EHP a little so that I can use Shadow Power Glide and not get one shotted. I find that Glide works better for me then gloom and therefore I'm having to make up the difference that I'm not getting with gloom, on my gear but as I said, only enough to be able to take one hit from an elite on mp 10.

Glass cannon terminology is a bit different today than it was before. It's a lot easier nowadays to find decent gear, compared to how it was near release. Also because of how builds have evolved and game changes with each patch, making inferno much easier means you can already skimp on some defense. These things ultimately closed the huge gap between glass cannons and balanced/tanky setups as far as DPS.

You are correct, playing a glass cannon in today's metagame isn't nearly as beneficial as it use to be. By playing a glass cannon though in the DH class, our gear is ultimately cheaper than building to tank. We can also squeeze out a little more EDPS (not just paper dps) because we can take advantage of the benefits of our class for staying ranged. I can literally churn out a constant 47% damage boost to all my skills on a target nearly 100% of the time, something I can't do if I was tanking. The benefit is ultimately more so in the gear cost as not everyone can afford the cost to face tank mp 10. Some people also find this play more exhilarating and rewarding because you're really working for it.

Sorry for any misconceptions.

I don't know I'd agree with the term 'beneficial'. I think I'd replace the word with OP. With things more in line than they used to be the GC build is more of a normal build without the bells and whistles of HP/RA (at least to a point) and I do see (previous post reply to Merlin about some of flight's gear) there is a higher priority in Primary Sat or ASI/CC/CD over vit. That is evident.

Regarding Tanking in MP10. There are a few ways of this. You an be a true DH tank (100% opposite of DH GC) or have something to permal-gloom, whether it be legacy nat set and/or some way to keep disc up such as ASI/CC with NightStalker.

But to "tank" and not worry about sp:gloom is not very expensive. I built a DH Tank that can take about any punishment there is in MP10 for < 30m. Course the DPS was < 50k. So that is the other extreme.

As far as the "play more exhilarating and rewarding because you're really working for it" ... of that I have no doubt.

As I said in my orig post.... I'm not really trying to be a Negative Nancy on this. I think of GC perhaps a bit differently as they were always the cream-de-le-cream of DPSers out there and now I just am having a much harder time seeing it.

Happy Hunting all :) ... and I'll try and refrain from replying again ... I don't want to come across in any kind of snide way as I do truly believe all should be able to build how they want and play how they want whether it is our style or not to follow in those footsteps. Hope to see you out in game sometime. :)