Drop rate

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as most of the posters here. I only know that in my experience as I have continually played D3 the drops have gotten worse. I now get more legendary items, about 2 a week whereas I used to not get even one in weeks. However the stats on those items are so weak that they are of no use to my paragon chars, and unusable for my lower ones 'cause they are locked to a level 60. Since I've been playing I have had 4 usable drops many months ago but all the recent ones are hopeless. Even the stats on the yellows are mostly low when I try to farm with my Par53 Barb on MP8. As for my sub-60 chars elites often only drop whites and useless blues and sometimes nothing. I love the look and feel of D3, but it is seriously frustrating me, I play for fun not to feel ripped off; finding enough drops to farm 70k (not counting gold) but having to spend massive amounts on repairs. It's about return on investment; time and money spent = fun, but it doesn't it just reduces my interest in the game. If your gonna have 4 difficulty levels pan things out a bit more dont bunch the 'good' drops up in the top 10% of the game, it's like wading through sh*t to get there.
Why the hell did you necro this
What I find to be total bullcrap about getting loot is this. I play for a few hours, and farm act 3 inferno ml 2 a few times and get no legendary drops. Nothing. Even the rares that I get go straight to the vendor.

So, what do I do? I save up money from selling the crap loot that I get. Usually about 100k an hour or so. And I go the AH to see if there are any upgrades. Oh, but there are. Except they all cost like 2m minimum for something that isn't much better.

Now, I don't have much of a problem with that. What I have a problem with is that my neighbor just bought the Xbox version of the game, and after he hit 60 he had an entire vault FFFFUUUULLLLL of legendary items. And that doesn't include the fact that all but one of his gear that he wears is legendary. ALL LOOTED. Every time he goes to the blacksmith to break stuff down he salvages like 3 legendary items. WTF blizz? I'm lucky to just get one, and when I do, i just want to pet and hug and snuggle with it. They are so freaking rare for me that I cant imagine SALVAGING them!

Now, XBOX doesnt have an AH. So their drop rate must be different. How is it that my friends xbox version is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times funner? Why does PC version suck so bad that i have to go BUY items rather than FIND them?

I haven't played in over two weeks. And that is because I'm sick of farming the same crap over and over for some money, to then go buy an item that SOMEONE ELSE had the luxury (FUN) of looting.

Please fix this crap. I've looted MAYBE 3 legendary items in the time it took my neighbor to loot probably 50 or more. I have no Idea exactly how many. I just know its a CRAPLOAD more than me.
What I find to be total bullcrap about getting loot is this. I play for a few hours, and farm act 3 inferno ml 2 a few times and get no legendary drops. Nothing. Even the rares that I get go straight to the vendor.

So, what do I do? I save up money from selling the crap loot that I get. Usually about 100k an hour or so. And I go the AH to see if there are any upgrades. Oh, but there are. Except they all cost like 2m minimum for something that isn't much better.

Now, I don't have much of a problem with that. What I have a problem with is that my neighbor just bought the Xbox version of the game, and after he hit 60 he had an entire vault FFFFUUUULLLLL of legendary items. And that doesn't include the fact that all but one of his gear that he wears is legendary. ALL LOOTED. Every time he goes to the blacksmith to break stuff down he salvages like 3 legendary items. WTF blizz? I'm lucky to just get one, and when I do, i just want to pet and hug and snuggle with it. They are so freaking rare for me that I cant imagine SALVAGING them!

Now, XBOX doesnt have an AH. So their drop rate must be different. How is it that my friends xbox version is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times funner? Why does PC version suck so bad that i have to go BUY items rather than FIND them?

I haven't played in over two weeks. And that is because I'm sick of farming the same crap over and over for some money, to then go buy an item that SOMEONE ELSE had the luxury (FUN) of looting.

Please fix this crap. I've looted MAYBE 3 legendary items in the time it took my neighbor to loot probably 50 or more. I have no Idea exactly how many. I just know its a CRAPLOAD more than me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/
03/19/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I hear the rare drop rate is going to change to become more rarer. I sit there and play the game for a couple of hours a day and no good rare drops so there solution is to make the rare drops less. Sounds like BS and people support this.

As [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196604395#3"]Griffin mentioned[/url], that's only a piece of the story, and you'll fine out more about our upcoming itemization plans in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/"]Developer Journal: Itemization Update[/url]. I highly recommend reading through the whole article, because it goes into a lot about our philosophies behind these changes and more.

Here's a snippet:

"We want to make it fun and rewarding to hunt down new items through play, and really instill the feeling that your next awesome item could come from anywhere, and is just around the corner. We need to get rid of some of the clutter first, so we plan to reduce the frequency at which Rare items drop down the road.

Before anyone panics and posts an angry comment in the forums, this doesn't mean we want players to earn even fewer good items. It just means we don't feel it's necessary to present the player with hundreds of bad Rares for every one that they might want. As an example, suppose items currently roll between 1-100 Intelligence. Now, imagine that we dropped 25% as many items, but the Intelligence range was instead somewhere around 75-100. In the end, you'd find fewer items, but more of the items you find would be worth equipping. That's our goal."

Honestly, i think that more items is better, but that it should be more like in Diablo 2.
I also think that the stats of items in different difficulties should be more .... evident because non enchanted items are a JOKE in any difficulty and of the few legendary items that i have found, they are useless to me, im saving them for lower lvl characters that i have only just started until they can use better ones that i also have stashed.

the saying less is more, is extremely flawed because its clearly not, i get most of my gold from selling these items because gold drop is so low as it is, so decreasing the amount of magic items means that its less gold for me and every one else in general.