Give us the stash space!

General Discussion
Last night i actually did the math on if they allowed the 3 stash tabs that they are OBVIOUSLY waiting for expansion to release (just look in your stash, its damm obvious)

Each "item" takes up approx 16k of hard drive space. Each stash tab holds 80 spots. So is 240 spots available. Now worst casing it that we just have 1x1 items in the new stash tabs that gives us a total required storage space for 3840k (3.8megabytes)

Now extrapolate this by "10 million copies sold"

This works out to a tiny really 38TB TOTAL for all regions.

Adding some extra space for any errors in my math, call it 40TB total space across all realms and regions. And it will be less than that total as much of the player base has quit.

Now allowing an additional 25% for hardcore, its 50TB worldwide. In RAID10.

and BTW whoever is the forum !@#$ and keeps deleting this. Luckily i have this in notepad. I will keep re-posting this until we get an answer.

Ignoring the issue does not make it go away.

And after reading the forum rules, this post breaks zero rules. Censorship much?
Why is this post being deleted?

It's just as much as a discussion as anything else posted on these forums; and might I say written better than some too.
EDIT: I saw another thread too that didn't seem to be breaking any rules getting deleted as well.
The author seemed like he really wanted more Stash space (which I couldn't care much for, myself) but did address some other issues.
the gui is already made for 3 more tabs , it will be $ in a dlc one day , simple !
Yes. according to the GUI we are meant to have 6 stash tabs, plus the fact that we can label our stash strongly hints @ 6 tabs as well (1 for each class and a misc/crafting mats tab)

Look at it this way Blizzard, make the additional 3 stash tabs expensive to buy, similar to the marq gems. then you have another gold sink.

Because as it stands at the moment, if you are a collector (i am trying to collect _every_ legendary item, in UN-ID form just beucase its a loot based game, and gotta have the loot), but this is impossible as the current legendaries cannot all fit in a 3 tab stash. Not even counting any additional gear we keep in stash for special uses (PvE, ubers, PvP, paragon levelling etc)
And in the beta you sometimes had 5 people in a game at once. GUI supports it, and even says Minions of hell grow stronger/weaker when they came in and left.

And 16kb for each item? That's a quite a bit overboard I think
I figure all stats can be stored at tops in a 16bit, FFFF value, 65535. And some you just wouldnt need to go that high like, crit chance. By the looks of that 12 bits would cover most entries, 4095.
Then one 8bit value to denote the skill perhaps. And at tops youd have 12 of these?
I think 1kb probably can cover it all, with left over for each slot.
50TB of usable space in a redundant server farm is probably closer to 70 or 80TB of actual disk allocation. They also don't go to Fry's and grab a pallet of 1TB Raptors, these could be high performance SAS disks that are really expensive. Last time I went to add a 10TB shelf to our SAN it cost 30K and gave us 7TB of space. And that was a significantly discounted partner price.

So, it's not as easy as adding a drive to a server; it's a capital expense with no associated revenue generation. Unlike adding stash tabs to an expansion, where it creates incentive to purchase a product.

As a unique hoarder, I sure as hell want more stash, but... just sayin'. Don't count on it.
03/19/2013 01:30 PMPosted by skitzflik
and BTW whoever is the forum !@#$ and keeps deleting this. Luckily i have this in notepad. I will keep re-posting this until we get an answer.

Try again. You just broke the rules right there, by referring to previously deleted threads.
03/19/2013 02:30 PMPosted by skitzflik
Look at it this way Blizzard, make the additional 3 stash tabs expensive to buy, similar to the marq gems. then you have another gold sink.

This would be the most ineffective "gold sink" of all time. It's a one time thing, once you unlock them all you're done. That's not an effective strategy.

We should have more stash space though, regardless of whether it would be a good gold sink.
We actually had 5 tabs in beta lol, but yes, they are going to wait for the expansion to give us more space.
03/19/2013 03:07 PMPosted by FireZombie
We actually had 5 tabs in beta lol, but yes, they are going to wait for the expansion to give us more space.

That is far and away the saddest part. So many things they took out of this game when they realized they needed to save it for expansion. That's sick. Expansion should be to add great new content and balance the game from what you've learned, not for intentionally held back features. That's a sad reflection of their culture at Blizzard if they did that on purpose.
In Bliz eyes, "If it makes a buck, lets exploit it till they cry then semi fix it and call it an "expansion".

BlizzCrook: Superb, I need that new Merculess Benz.
It's actually a hard-cap for the amount of items that can stay in the economy.
Also, you forgot about all the stackables. I've seen people with a page full of Brimstones. That's got to increase the the requirements quite a bit.