PVP Tournament (Current Prize-pool = 4.5b)

Brawling
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
Gear swapping is for noobs enough said you guys are terrible
05/06/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Tmak
Gear swapping is for noobs enough said you guys are terrible

your the noob here coz you dont have the talent :P
manner you are over reacting. if every one votes for no gear swap it (3;2 atm) then hardly anything changes. You said you already came up with the rules for the stalemate. simply post them now. or post them when you are ready but please a few days ahead of play time so every can prepare.

Also I said I will HELP you get this going. just let me knw what specific thing you need help with and what you are doing. No need to rage quite but if this hasnt gone down by the time I am home in Canada in two week I will organize it.

I'm not raging, I just absolutely don't want anything to do with your antics. Your a very difficult and annoying person to deal with chuck.

It was only a matter of time before you force my hand to make retarded forum posts on here and have to respond and waste more time over nothing.

I already know if you two retards don't get exactly what you want there will be no end to it from you and your group of fanboys on these forums and unless I agree, I will be called for "rigging" the tournament in my favor. Yes, because I have nothing better to do with my time then take donations from everyone on the server and spend countless hours to rig a tournament and make less than 2b gold, lol?

I step down from my "self appointed" position of rule maker and the person who tried to make this pvp tournament happen.

Please direct all comments to chucknorris

I am done here guys, let me know it's ready and OP needs to be updated.
Ah man I hate to see all this. I was really looking forward to watching the tourney and the possibly of the fights getting uploaded to YouTube.

I will say that manners rule for stalemates is very good and doesn't favor a specific class or build as far as I know.

I also firmly believe that not telling people what that rule is until the day is a good idea considering what the rule is.

I definitely understand why anyone might think its unfair for people to know what the rule is but knowing the rule I can honestly say its not going to rig the tournament and manner organized all this and hey someone has to step up as leader and I think manner is doing a good job.

I can't comment on the wep swap thing but anyone can organize a tourney in the future so lets let manner do his thing and finish what he started.

Manner, I implore you to reconsider stepping down. I think you are doing a great job here. Don't let any one persons opinion make you give up. I think some apologies to manner might be in order (having said that I can understand why people are upset and don't believe any one is person is in the wrong)

Can't we all just get along? Just have some fun and record it so noobs like me can watch and learn.

I think you got an amazing tourney lined up manner. Everyone is looking forward to it. It's not worth throwing away over one argument.
Manner just tell them what the stalemate rule is since I cannot forsee anyone building their character around that rule. Manner has done a great job so far getting this tournament organized, we just need to cut him some slack and let him finalize details.
05/06/2013 02:15 PMPosted by REVRAC
Manner just tell them what the stalemate rule is since I cannot forsee anyone building their character around that rule. Manner has done a great job so far getting this tournament organized, we just need to cut him some slack and let him finalize details.

Please don't let it be something like: in the event of a stalemate, the victor is determined by alphabetical order of the name of the character's class. If two of the same class stalemate, the victor is determined by how many hot dogs the player can stuff in their mouth, pictures must be posted. If both players of the same class can stuff the same number of hot dogs in their mouth, the victor is determined by ... (use your imagination here).
^you guessed it but it was number of hairs on testes, which must be counted on stream
Ah man I hate to see all this. I was really looking forward to watching the tourney and the possibly of the fights getting uploaded to YouTube.

I will say that manners rule for stalemates is very good and doesn't favor a specific class or build as far as I know.

I also firmly believe that not telling people what that rule is until the day is a good idea considering what the rule is.

I definitely understand why anyone might think its unfair for people to know what the rule is but knowing the rule I can honestly say its not going to rig the tournament and manner organized all this and hey someone has to step up as leader and I think manner is doing a good job.

I can't comment on the wep swap thing but anyone can organize a tourney in the future so lets let manner do his thing and finish what he started.

Manner, I implore you to reconsider stepping down. I think you are doing a great job here. Don't let any one persons opinion make you give up. I think some apologies to manner might be in order (having said that I can understand why people are upset and don't believe any one is person is in the wrong)

Can't we all just get along? Just have some fun and record it so noobs like me can watch and learn.

I think you got an amazing tourney lined up manner. Everyone is looking forward to it. It's not worth throwing away over one argument.

I agree with lysergia. Something will be better than nothing. I was also looking forward to the matches. So whatever the rules just have the damn thing, anyone that is not happy with the rules doesn't have to participate if they feel like they will be hampered too much by them (and this comes from someone that is a supporter of weapon swap; I also feel a bit bad for having brought it up). Another thing is that this is the first relatively "big" tournament with some of the supposedly best players and it hopefully can serve as a point of reference in the future. Hopefully there will be other tournaments to come and then rules can be optimized little by little, people can learn how to organize a tournament more efficiently, etc., etc.

Having gotten this far, it will be really unfortunate for this not to happen. If I had more time, I would have been happy to help with the organization, create a doodle or something, but right now I unfortunately can't promise much other than maybe refereeing. Nevertheless, let me know if there's anything I could do.
@ manner

Just set the rules.....If the rules upset them that much, no one is forcing them to play.(but i have a feeling they will) Its free....Nothing to lose!!! I would love to help you plan this, but i work a 70+ hours a week(alot of traveling with no comp access) With that being said....I will help by changing my pledge to 2B. That makes the prize pool 4.5B.
@ manner

Just set the rules.....If the rules upset them that much, no one is forcing them to play.(but i have a feeling they will) Its free....Nothing to lose!!! I would love to help you plan this, but i work a 70+ hours a week(alot of traveling with no comp access) With that being said....I will help by changing my pledge to 2B. That makes the prize pool 4.5B.

Your pledge is added.

Druin is in charge of all the players/refs

ONCE all the players/refs have checked in and we have a date that fits everybody's schedule, we will launch this damn thing.

As for the rules, we'll let chuck and viri decide all the rules that make them happy, I have no time for listening to QQ from kids who are being offered a chance at a nice prizepool.

This is a tournament for the community by the community, you guys all have a voice, so you guys come to an agreement on the rules, if not I will set all the rules I already had in place for the tournament and these rules will be announced on the day of the tournament as already previously stated.
Hello everyone, I will be checking in the participants.

I am already friends with most of you, those who are not may feel free to add me or I will just spam friends request you over and over until you say yes!

I will come up with 3 or 4 dates, then run those dates by the participants to figure out which day works the best.

Also, it would be great if we could get a couple more Reserve spots and Refs. Feel free to friends request me in game if you think you might be able to help out with Reffing.

As for Reserves, please keep nominating people!

Thanks,
-Druin, the happy monk
OP

Up my pledge to 2B if the rules used are the ones you have already drafted. If some players do not like the rules, they can forfeit their matches.

@Druin

I can ref if you need people, although my work is a bit hectic and hopefully you'll get some additional refs in case anybody can't make the appointed dueling time.
In the interest of brevity suggest we skip the vote on gear swap for this one.

However please do post the stalemate rules now or asap. either the rules you have come up with are fair and knowing them in advance provides no advantage to prepare for them. or the rule is not fair and gives an advantage to those that know it in advance and can prepare for it (ie manner cookie and revrac).and should not be used at all for the tournament.

and also allow for the empty inventory option instead of the stream/recording requirement. this will allow us to inforce the no gear swap rule without handicaping those with less powerful comps. I played a tourny yesterday and was down to less than 1 frame per second by the end. im sure a stop motion stream would not serve to create any interest in the pvp scene.

Also I will be talking to people to fill in the rest of the reserves for each class we need. from the tournaments I have played so far generally 25%-30% of the people dont show up when its time to play so having reserves is def needed.
Haven't seen Decablo or Macaco around lately (for that matter, any U.S. PvP Wiz), perhaps we need a few Wiz reserves? Also, in the HIGHLY unlikely case that I get knocked out in one of the earlier rounds, I volunteer to help out as a Referees :-)

For gear swap, how about if both players agree to it then allow, otherwise no gear swap. Like Lysergia said, let's just all get along and have some fun! I have seen this tourney being talked about in other forums and communities, let's show players from Euro/Asia what the US PvPers are capable of :D
Haven't seen Decablo or Macaco around lately (for that matter, any U.S. PvP Wiz), perhaps we need a few Wiz reserves? Also, in the HIGHLY unlikely case that I get knocked out in one of the earlier rounds, I volunteer to help out as a Referees :-)

For gear swap, how about if both players agree to it then allow, otherwise no gear swap. Like Lysergia said, let's just all get along and have some fun! I have seen this tourney being talked about in other forums and communities, let's show players from Euro/Asia what the US PvPers are capable of :D

gear swaps lead to skill bans, skill bans lead to endless arguing.

let me remind u guys, there are no skill bans in this tournament so you guys can discuss what allowing gear swaps will allow certain classes to do (i.e. any barb will just go full tank to full dps gear and use berserker is one situation I can think of that will make this tournament pointless)

Like I said, my hands are off on the matter, you guys want to balance the rules and breakdown all the skills/gear swap potentials and let this tournament never take place, be my guest.
Can I nominate myself for a reserve WD?
Personally I prefer no gear swap :P

As for nominations, I nominate ItsSoEpic#1556, Joker#1321 (he may be AFK these days), and CSLking#1465 for Wiz Reserve.
I second the nomination of ender. I hear he is the new Wd to beat
hey druin, take me off for barb and put me for dh plz ...

i'll nominate SkyIsLimit for barb

Ender & Refraktion for wd
hey druin, take me off for barb and put me for dh plz ...

i'll nominate SkyIsLimit for barb

Ender & Refraktion for wd

Due to my propensity for losing to your DH, I will choose to not read this post.

<3