Yet another DH bug. (BLUES PLEASE RESPOND)

Bug Report
Currently I am at 24% movement speed. I know that they have put the 24% movement speed cap in BEFORE passive's or other skills. With this passive i should be at 39% movement speed when im at full hatred but it does not give me the 15% movement speed. Instead it brings me up 1% and caps me off at 25%. I tested this on my monk and when i use the monk passive fleet footed (a flat 10% movement speed bonus) and 24% movement speed items it lets me surpass the movement speed cap and brings me up to 34%.

made a thread about this and another bug that i reported:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197181130#1

Previous bug thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8198730389?page=1#15

Any response would be awesome!!!!
I was wondering when someone would post this bug again.

Yes. They do need to fix the Hot Pursuit passive so it goes beyond the move speed hard cap. In fact I have a great hot pursuit build I would love to see used more. Its just people really wont use it because of the reason stated here. It is bugged and wont give the movement speed buff if you are at the cap.
03/14/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Liogela
We'll take a look. Thanks.

Thanks!!
just bringing this back to the forefront of peoples attention. after all i havent seen anything about this on the PTR and it worries me since this has been affecting the game since its release.

as you can see in these previous threads its been going a long time without a fix
(2/13/2013) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7909111325#1
(1/29/2013) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7789899002#1
(12/19/2012) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416063236#1
(12/4/2012) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7319952084#1
(11/6/2012) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004445390#1
(7/30/2012) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6200971596#1
(6/5/2012) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5589545771#1
03/14/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Liogela
We'll take a look. Thanks.

any news?
i mean its been 2 months since you said you would look into it, PTR is over, and the patch is live. havent seen anything official on this subject and its not listed as a "known issue".
perhaps look into disintegrate and ray of frost as well? I posted a bug thread here
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796661416#5
I thought this was how it was intended.
movement speed is item caped at 25%.....(requires 3 items with IMS affix)

Dh seem to be the only ones effected by this bug.

yes that would be true. only monk and dh have movespeed passives.
the monk passive requires no special resource considerations and also goes beyond the cap.
the dh passives requires full hatred and does not go above the cap.

it seems obvious to everyone looking at it that it is completely broken.
the movespeed cap not being exceeded for the passive is definitely a bug.
however, in addition to that limiting it to full hatred cripples the dh damage by not allowing spenders. instead if they "need" to make it resource dependant then make it based on discipline so that the dh can still use their damage spenders. increased movement speed is more a defensive capability anyway that is used to keep monsters at distance.

yes that would be true. only monk and dh have movespeed passives.
the monk passive requires no special resource considerations and also goes beyond the cap.
the dh passives requires full hatred and does not go above the cap.

it seems obvious to everyone looking at it that it is completely broken.
the movespeed cap not being exceeded for the passive is definitely a bug.
however, in addition to that limiting it to full hatred cripples the dh damage by not allowing spenders. instead if they "need" to make it resource dependant then make it based on discipline so that the dh can still use their damage spenders. increased movement speed is more a defensive capability anyway that is used to keep monsters at distance.

considering a barb can hit 85% movement speed no problem with active skill buffs.(110% with movement shrine)

this is definatly bugged all to hell...

i find it very odd, that Tac Advantage goes beyond the cap.yet hot pursuit does not...

lack of internal testing?
05/19/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Flail
lack of internal testing?

lack of motivation to fix it looking at how long its been going on.
also likely lack of wanting to acknowledge it as a bug.

during the PTR i attempted to post it as an existing bug still present on it.
what happened?
the first thread they moved to PTR Feedback.
the second they moved to General Forum.

its like they responded just to give the illusion they are doing something. however, their actions clearly state they dont accept it as a bug and further that they are willing to push it to the side as much as possible.

given the length of time the bug has existed (1yr+) and the actions observed, for once i will actually say they really dont care.

obviously that wont stop the threads from being thrown up in front of them as reminders. it IS a bug and needs fixing.

lack of motivation to fix it looking at how long its been going on.
also likely lack of wanting to acknowledge it as a bug.

during the PTR i attempted to post it as an existing bug still present on it.
what happened?
the first thread they moved to PTR Feedback.
the second they moved to General Forum.

its like they responded just to give the illusion they are doing something. however, their actions clearly state they dont accept it as a bug and further that they are willing to push it to the side as much as possible.

given the length of time the bug has existed (1yr+) and the actions observed, for once i will actually say they really dont care.

obviously that wont stop the threads from being thrown up in front of them as reminders. it IS a bug and needs fixing.

after the debacle of the first PTR, i refuse to waste my bandwidth on something so useless as the PTR.

like wise no bugs that i put forth were acknowledged, much like my 4-5 posts yesterday about current bugs.

I miss the way blizzard NORTH was in touch with the community
(dedicated chat for technical and ingame support. that was available for a good 6-10 hours every day.)
after the debacle of the first PTR, i refuse to waste my bandwidth on something so useless as the PTR.

like wise no bugs that i put forth were acknowledged, much like my 4-5 posts yesterday about current bugs.

(dedicated chat for technical and ingame support. that was available for a good 6-10 hours every day.)

technically i dont spend the majority of my time testing it either for the very same reason. i do still log on briefly to look at what has changed that affects me and will usually give that stuff a few minutes testing.

all i meant was that it seemed to me like the one blue post ever to appear on this topic in the 1yr time its been going on was just a front. the actions they put for seemed to me to suggest a casual disregard of the bug.

technically i dont spend the majority of my time testing it either for the very same reason. i do still log on briefly to look at what has changed that affects me and will usually give that stuff a few minutes testing.

all i meant was that it seemed to me like the one blue post ever to appear on this topic in the 1yr time its been going on was just a front. the actions they put for seemed to me to suggest a casual disregard of the bug.

I totally agree man, Dh's have been shat on pretty hard.. and my friends wonder why my DH hasn't leveled in like 2(3?) patches...

I totally agree man, Dh's have been shat on pretty hard.. and my friends wonder why my DH hasn't leveled in like 2(3?) patches...

lately alot of ppl have been wondering why even play a DH since the other classes are better at farming. especially if you switch to a monk which can use the same gear.

they talked about it a bit an maybe they intend to change that.
i can only hope that they change Hot Pursuit as well since compared to the monk it is completely broke.

Monk:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/fleet-footed
  • goes over movespeed cap
  • does not have a resource restriction

DH:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/hot-pursuit
  • +5% movement compared to monk
  • does not go over movespeed cap
  • does have a resource restriction

after they fix the movespeed bug, my only suggestion is to make the resource dependency less restrictive.

first off it requires "full" hatred. this is not a typo either as i have tested.
your base hatred is 125. when full you recieve the buff.
when you equip the Vengenace passive your hatred is 150. when it is at 125 you do not recieve the buff, but at 150 you do.
if it must require "hatred" which is our primary source of damge i suggest making it:
Hot Pursuit
Whenever you are above 50% Hatred, movement speed is increased by 15%.

this would allow you to use some of your hatred for damage or even all of it if necessary. if all of it were used you would recover faster since it only has to be half.

or the better option would be make it discipline dependent since running away and kiting is a defensive move to keep monsters at a distance. in that case..
Hot Pursuit
Whenever you are above 50% Discipline, movement speed is increased by 15%.

base discipline is 30. this would still allow you to use a defensive ability such as smoke screen, shadow power, caltrops, etc if you needed to.

also since it stats "50%" it scales with any gear or skills that give these stats.
Vengeance makes hatred 150. it would give you an extra 12.5 hatred to spend.
if you had +20 disc from gear then you would have 50 discipline. that gives you 10 extra to spend.

..but the movespeed bug definitely needs to be fixed first. then improvements to make it viable would come after that.
monks arn't much better off IMHO, ya the spirit spender buff was nice.. so now everyone is using bells and palms..

just another thing to add to the book of broken DH's

I was really happy this last patch when my main didn't get effected skill wise...oh wait my mains a baba now >.<
I was really happy this last patch when my main didn't get effected skill wise...oh wait my mains a baba now >.<

ya, i played a barb for a while too.
ppl are saying there might be changes coming to WotB :P

monks arn't much better off IMHO, ya the spirit spender buff was nice.. so now everyone is using bells and palms..

just another thing to add to the book of broken DH's

i dunno.
they are certainly better off then DH imo. if you use bell spec or cyclone spec then it seems to be good farming. infinite TR is even something they have going on.

i would say if they go ahead with the idea of fixing damage and cost values then things may get better. just as long as while they are reviewing the class for changes they dont forget about Hot Pursuit.