Locust Swarm!

Witch Doctor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8GBQPIwLY

Hey everybody TNTrice back AGAIN! And im back with my fav build of all time lol.

I believe I'm paragon leveling at the speed of a barbarian now after much more practice sense this video and perfecting the build. Il be posting a new video of how to better use the locust swarm and how to maximize you're bonus XP .

This video is strictly for Legendaries and Paragon leveling! If you want to kill elites and farm items switch Manitou with zombie bears. =]
I like that you post here, bro. But your advice makes my head hurt. It's great you've found stuff which works (somewhat) for you, but damn, there are far better words you could type.
I gave your build a try and made a few refinements that I think improve it even more.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ehUdXg!TeW!baaYZc

First, I replaced splinters with haunt, because the whole point is to keep moving, and haunt leaves behind one more option to kill stragglers. I tended to drop it on fatties and elites as I went.

Next I used a Skorn, which helps make the fire and forget spells hurt more.

Finally, I didn't find mana to be much of an issue, possibly because I kept my Zuni bonus since I don't have a leorics ring, so I replaced attunement with PTV.

The result for me with about 175DPS with scoundrel was the ability to run through MP2 with a fairly high kill rate. I'll try to clock some of the xp more precisely, but it was in the ballpark of about 1 million xp per minute with gem and hellfire on myself and follower, but no leoric's, and I found 4 legendaries in about 2 hours.
As I said in your other thread, this build doesn't work as well as you think it does. Locust Swarm DOES NOT spread to any mobs you can't see on the screen, no doubt implemented by the developers to stop it being truly imba. Also, Locust Swarm removes itself from mobs if you get to far away from them, so if you run through the maps to quickly, you leave a lot of the larger mobs that would take 5-6 seconds to die still alive, making the most efficient map (Rakkis) when it comes to exp more or less useless.
03/18/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Cheshire
As I said in your other thread, this build doesn't work as well as you think it does. Locust Swarm DOES NOT spread to any mobs you can't see on the screen, no doubt implemented by the developers to stop it being truly imba. Also, Locust Swarm removes itself from mobs if you get to far away from them, so if you run through the maps to quickly, you leave a lot of the larger mobs that would take 5-6 seconds to die still alive, making the most efficient map (Rakkis) when it comes to exp more or less useless.

I did read what you said and i tested every other rumor i have heard about it. And that is false. i am currently uploading a video to show everything going into the mechanics of how exactly it works and im up to 85mil xp per hour i also show that =] It will be uploaded soon ill send it to you