Rakimallah's Zombie Bear/Sac Dog Build

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
My only comment is why corpse spider if you aren't using VQ?
03/13/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Jimbob

I would guess in those times where he might run low on mana (i.e. extra health MP10 elites or something) where he drained through his mana twice... spiders still return some mana so help in that regard?
^Yup
It still helps. It is the only mana positive primary we have (besides Spined Dart which sucks) so it is still useful even when not used with VQ. Using any other primary would strain your mana regen too much. Spiders also works pretty decent with LoH. It's a nice filler when scrambling to reposition for more bears, since it is a fire and forget attack.
03/13/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Jimbob

I honestly have never tried another primary with this build. The main point is to fire bears infinitely. And if I can't do that, my other spells act to get the mana back to fire bears infinitely
I like it. It looks sexy :) Am trying different 'mana battery' builds in hardcore with my very low class WD.
I used this build for solo play a long time ago:
Only zombie bears
BBV mana rune (save for the case that enemies last longer than two sacrifices or bosses)

Otherwise essentially the same.
Usually kept 5 stacks of GF up.
When I sacrifice dogs, I can just use trash kills to respawn them.
When I run into an elite, Just spam bears until empty, sac, respawn, bears until empty, sac, bears until empty, BBV mana rune... RUN if not yet dead lol. But I just picked an MP where that never happened.
Sometimes when I run into an elite, I spam some bears at them, sac, run into the next room and kill some trash to use CoL.
I used this build for solo play a long time ago:
Only zombie bears
BBV mana rune (save for the case that enemies last longer than two sacrifices or bosses)

Otherwise essentially the same.
Usually kept 5 stacks of GF up.
When I sacrifice dogs, I can just use trash kills to respawn them.
When I run into an elite, Just spam bears until empty, sac, respawn, bears until empty, sac, bears until empty, BBV mana rune... RUN if not yet dead lol. But I just picked an MP where that never happened.
Sometimes when I run into an elite, I spam some bears at them, sac, run into the next room and kill some trash to use CoL.

Seems about right, I just use Slam Dance....just a matter of preference on that one. I am using Spiritual Attunement instead of CoL since my EHP seems to make it so the dogs don't die all too much.
The point i was trying to make is use the passive and use sacrifice, you still make dogs from killing things, you can still sac dogs to get all the bonuses from it, you can still get new dogs from the passive and you still get globes from killing things...
Ive been using this build since day one of my build and I love it ;)
Nice build. I have used Gift of Life and Sac together before and it was a nice combo, but I never thought to use Summon Dogs Pride as effectively a 4th passive (you only cast summon dogs if you are OOM and want one more burst before resorting to widowmakers).

For my gear and DPS right now, it's a little slower than my profile build on MP5 (ac, bears, jaunt, haunt, sh, stalker), but my build would stall at higher MPs and I don't quite have the DPS and/or EHP to run your build at higher MPs. But it's a nice change of pace.

Edit: here's my build for speed runs
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fRUedX!YTe!caZccZ
The amazing thing with this build....I now want more AS to get my bears out faster. Slow animation is killing me.
If you want a variation of Rakim's build you can try my personal take on it. I only slightly adjusted his build to fit my play style the same way the build is perfect for Rakim's play style. I'm not as geared as Rakim so I prefer to run at mp7 solo and Mp8 when grouped up. I even got a chance to group together with Rakim couple weeks ago at mp8 and that was a blast.

The reason I got rid of spiders was because I felt this build was more "rush" oriented if that makes any sense, so to me it didn't make sense to ever cast anything else besides bears. If the circumstances call for me to retreat to recover some mana or wait for cool downs then that is exactly what I will do, rarely ever happens though. I also prefer Mass Confusion with Dog rune because it is a much better form of crowd control on tougher elites plus its shorter cool down helps keeping dogs up.
03/13/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3
The point i was trying to make is use the passive and use sacrifice, you still make dogs from killing things, you can still sac dogs to get all the bonuses from it, you can still get new dogs from the passive and you still get globes from killing things...

Dogs don't Rez from the passive enough to return mana fast enough to spam bears.

Why not give it try?
03/13/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Azagar
I also prefer Mass Confusion with Dog rune because it is a much better form of crowd control on tougher elites plus its shorter cool down helps keeping dogs up.

Oooo didnt think about MC: Devolution....CC and more dogs=win
03/13/2013 04:16 PMPosted by rockon87
The amazing thing with this build....I now want more AS to get my bears out faster. Slow animation is killing me.

Excellent point that I forgot to make. My AS is over 2 and that isn't for paper dps, it actually works extremely well with this build.

WDs STOP FEARING ATTACK SPEED NOW!
Hi noob here...

wanna test this build with my female wd, is there any requirement i need to full fill before test this build? i mean like how much the AR, Attack Speed, HP, Damage, PUR and etc (let say for mp10)

Regards,
popo
Golly, Rakim.

Deviate from a cookie cutter build, and some heads just implode.

I think you should swap out Bears for Locusts, and CoL for Fetish Sycophants. I can offer this advice because I haven't tried your build at all, and I rolled a WD last week, so you'd do best to listen.
Golly, Rakim.

I think you should swap out Bears for Locusts, and CoL for Fetish Sycophants. I can offer this advice because I haven't tried your build at all, and I rolled a WD last week, so you'd do best to listen.

Your smart alec comments really brought a lot to the thread, I played almost this exact build for several weeks but used well of souls instead of bears and I found that I liked the versatility an extra skill brought that wasn't dogs (which I found redundant) was helpful and wanted to bring that into discussion, but clearly this guys build is the only one that can work. God forbid someone bring a little creativity to a NEW thread about a build very few people run.
Hi noob here...

wanna test this build with my female wd, is there any requirement i need to full fill before test this build? i mean like how much the AR, Attack Speed, HP, Damage, PUR and etc (let say for mp10)

Regards,
popo

About 20 PuY. Aside from that, IMO, ur regular gear :)

That being said, don't be afraid of attack speed now to buy now :)
Golly, Rakim.

Your smart alec comments really brought a lot to the thread, I played almost this exact build for several weeks but used well of souls instead of bears and I found that I liked the versatility an extra skill brought that wasn't dogs (which I found redundant) was helpful and wanted to bring that into discussion, but clearly this guys build is the only one that can work. God forbid someone bring a little creativity to a NEW thread about a build very few people run.

I really feel like ur trolling, dude. Going back to ur original post which had nothing to do with the build at all. U aren't contributing in a positive manner. Kindly exit the thread

<----- that a way