+2mil sustained crit MoR build 3.8mil w/blind

Monk
Prev 1 3 4 5
In a lower MP the mobs cant survive long enough for you to benefit from MoR, it is not until you are sustaining massive damage at a time that you truly start to see the effect, normally you get 1 shotted but now you can cut through like a hot knife through butter, your health just doesnt drop like crazy while MoR is active, high mP only for this skill.
Senor mrpag
Habla Inglés ¡por favor
Would be interesting to see how this build fares on a decent MP like 8 or above; I do not have the right gear to do it myself. Something tells me the damage from some of the affixes would be way too much for it, could anyone please do some tests and let us know :D
In a lower MP the mobs cant survive long enough for you to benefit from MoR, it is not until you are sustaining massive damage at a time that you truly start to see the effect, normally you get 1 shotted but now you can cut through like a hot knife through butter, your health just doesnt drop like crazy while MoR is active, high mP only for this skill.

lol wut? MoR doesn't reduce the amount of damage you take.
Hi MrPags, I logged in just to say a HUGE thank you! I've been trying to figure out a proper build for MP8 and have been cracking my head for the past 2 weeks.... until I found this build. Kudos for thinking it up and posting it!

You have a grateful D3 player from Singapore!
03/23/2013 03:03 AMPosted by Toprem

lol wut? MoR doesn't reduce the amount of damage you take.

hence you need a large hp pool and the WoL spamming will sustain the damages. This is what OP thinks.
is this thread still going????

MoR does NOT reduce damage taken. if it did, every monk would be using it.
03/22/2013 10:52 PMPosted by mrpags
it is a skill that is meant to be tested on high MP, people just havn't figured it out yet like I have, I forgot to mention that I solo'd uber's and I'll post the vid for that too soon, on MP5. I do not believe that MoR is flawed I just believe it needs to be looked into more. The build here is a true tank build.

what you've done is simply out-geared MP5. it does not matter what mantra you are using. MP5 monsters fall over when you sneeze at them.
the whole point is all the gear i bought was reletively cheap aside from a few lucky crafted things here and there. I dont think I spent more than 3mil on anything except the LL skorn. what people need to realize is that skorn is easily an mp10 weapon if used correctly. when i teleport into a crowd of mobs i immediately explode killing almost everything, I have not outgrown mp5, I can just do alkizer runs on a high mp now. And there is something about MoR which is extremely under-rated, I never said it gives you damage reduction, I am saying it gives you spirit from tanking attacks, and when every mob in the game dies in 1-2 hits you really don't have to sustain too much, just enough to spam a bell or two. I have tested this build in MP8 and it does work all the way up to MP10 if you are rich enough. Because this build focuses on sustainability no other mantra or rune will work with this playstyle, I have tested this so it is not whether or not MoR does something or not it comes down to if you want to try this build and test it yourself so you can own a next-gen h-din.

"tele...*cast hammers*...tele...tele...tele...*cast hammers*..." familiar?
same playstyle, kill it before it can hit you.
I know some of you have tested this and really enjoy this build as do I, you are welcome! check the youtube vids for exact build details and gameplay footage... I still have to add my solo uber run mp5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EchmNo2nzTo
03/23/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Soze
Would be interesting to see how this build fares on a decent MP like 8 or above; I do not have the right gear to do it myself. Something tells me the damage from some of the affixes would be way too much for it, could anyone please do some tests and let us know :D

Due to the fact that this build is still somewhat on the down-low the gear to setup this build is not expensive for mp8-10 i was able to do an act1 keyrun using this exact setup but i died a few times and it took forever but mp8 i was more sustainable, once you do burst crits for 2.4mil elite packs in mp5 go down in literally a couple hits, so mp8 is actually not as far away for you my friend, save up a mil and grab a +40dex/+150vit blackthorns chest and save another 1-2mil for the pants and do some crafting. The whole reason this build is so cheap is because you change the way your attack speed works, so you sacrifice attack speed even though its trifecta I only have attack speed on my gloves i think, but since you dont spend gold on attack speed which is very expensive you focus on spirit regen on innas radiance and rely on your spirit regen skills so you can spam your attack as fast as you can click instead of as fast as you can swing the weapons. Skorn is a SLOW weapon to swing so it is only to be equipped for its dope stats.

spirit regen > attack speed

attack speed boosts your paper damage which is great if you can afford it because if I could afford it I would probably crit for 8-10mil with ideal gear.

The only down side to using a skorn is gearing yourself correctly so that you can tank enough damage to regen enough spirit to cast your bell, but Skorn defense-wise leaves you very vulnerable so you really have to stack res to use it because you cant FoT TC fast enough with a Skorn to stay alive, and with that said, every time I explode i get all my health back because of the 4.6% life leach which 4.6% of 2mil is like 400khp restore on hit or something stupid the point is you get all your health back when you hit it because of how many mobs it hits so in a way WoL:EL is not only an OP dps skill but when combined with LL and high dps it also becomes insta-heal, kinda reminds me of a full rejuv LOL...
glad you found a use for MoR. You'd probably drop bells a lot quicker with quickening and MoH-CB. But MoR isn't about efficiency -- it's a mantra where we go out of our way to find useful, or if the 3 other monks in your party take the mantra that suck less.
you do spam bells fast but you cant "will yourself around a crowd" like with FoT : TC, not only that but you actually spirit rapidly with MoR : AAO, try it in combo with OwE and 50k health 800all res. its very fast and manages skorn's OP damage quite well. high paper dps scales up your crits to the millions. and for the record I used to ONLY use MoH : CB and I dropped it because with this build MoR just works better due to the high MP levels.

Here is the promised gameplay video of my solo uber endeavor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwkHdT1enCc

There is also so tactical discussion of crowd management with using FoT : TC in combo with WoL : EL for a "tele-hammerdin" effect. I was inspired by the old playstyle of the hammerdin, I just like teleporting on top of something and smacking it in the face with insane dps, its satisfying.
Lol, MP 5 and that was like watching paint dry. I'm usually a pretty positive guy but that build sucks. I could spend 5M (maybe less) on a new monk and do better on MP5.
I don't get the feeling that you are trying to troll, so here's my take on it. I actually tried it because I like giving non standard builds a go run, but this build isn't anything above any other build that is out there. The spirit gen is extremely low compared to a cyclone-quickening or rising tide combo that can set up bells nicely in a group game.

Overall, it was worth giving it a go. I'd very much like to see different builds out there that can utilize different mantras, but this wasn't one of the more effective ones.
I don't get the feeling that you are trying to troll, so here's my take on it. I actually tried it because I like giving non standard builds a go run, but this build isn't anything above any other build that is out there. The spirit gen is extremely low compared to a cyclone-quickening or rising tide combo that can set up bells nicely in a group game.

Overall, it was worth giving it a go. I'd very much like to see different builds out there that can utilize different mantras, but this wasn't one of the more effective ones.

It is effective for solo farming and thats all I ever claimed, it is a very fast build and if you actually fully invested into it you would see that it is a sustainable build. I can do MP8 and MP10 but its just slower, I od MP5 because I don't die and the elite packs die in 2 hits. If you actually spent 2 billion on any build it would sustain MP10.... so because this build is really customized exactly tailored to my gear it works well for me, its unlikely you have 873 all res 49khp maybe 35%+crit maybe 450%+CD, that is what you need along with MY style of play, if you don't play the same way I do the build proabably won't work for you especially if you give up on it because with a little investments it is a potentially very good build... and if you read on back you will see that other people have tested it to and were very pleased with the results. Maybe this build is just not for you, works great for me.
03/23/2013 11:10 AMPosted by BladeSyphon
Lol, MP 5 and that was like watching paint dry. I'm usually a pretty positive guy but that build sucks. I could spend 5M (maybe less) on a new monk and do better on MP5.

The idea is to show people who are on a budget how to use the build, or to give someone an idea of a good working build when they are stuck on suck. I know MP5 is not as impressive compared to a 2bil MP10 build but considering the amount I spent on the build I would consider it very impressive. This is no more than an educational video for people who want to get a grasp on how to tactically use their monk if they are struggling with trying to find a build, and people have come to this thread, tried the build and have decided to stick with it. So if you did not learn any thing useful from this I am sorry, but others have benefit from my research.