Quick question, dyes for legendaries ready for 1.0.8?

General Discussion
Would be cool if we could get a blue response... was just wondering if enabling all dyes to work on legendaries was going to come with patch 1.0.8, or if it will be coming at a later patch. I know blues have said the artists are working on making this possible, but if we could get a more accurate timeframe, or at least "no, not for 1.0.8 yet", that would be great.

Thanks!
Dyes for Legendaries are still being worked on, but they will not be coming with patch 1.0.8.

As I mentioned previously, our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on all the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.
Glad this is being worked on...It will be nice to have better variety. :) TY
Dyes for Legendaries are still being worked on, but they will not be coming with patch 1.0.8.

As I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]mentioned previously[/url], our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on all the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.
...April Fools...amirite?

*Shakes Head* *Kicks the dirt*

I guess I will continue to choose between looking like an Easter Egg and an S&M Warlord.
I guess I will continue to choose between looking like an Easter Egg and an S&M Warlord.

That comment made my day. Not to bash the development team, but how hard is it to alter the existing code for dyes and legendaries to allow for dying to be done? If anything I see it as time consuming.

As I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]mentioned previously[/url], our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on all the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

If you only do the useful/used legendaries it should be a much quicker fix... ^^
How would people feel if they just made it so that if you dye legendary armor, it just takes on the look of regular armor, except dyed? I would be okay with it. I feel like no one is wearing legendary items for their looks.
over 10 years in development and you didn't think of character customization....

WHOOPS!
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this feature being added!

I don't mean to sound like a douche, but what's so complex about changing the color hue in your texture and exporting it again? It's not like D3 has an overwhelming amount of legendary items to be recolored in what, 8-10 different hues? I dare say it would take an artist a day or 2 or even a week being generous to browse through all textures and reapply the colors with a photoshop action. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
I was expecting 1.0.8 will bring this feature in, and it has been so long since it announced that the textures of legendary will be recolored. Well, now what else exciting features should i expect from 1.0.8?
I don't mean to sound like a douche, but what's so complex about changing the color hue in your texture and exporting it again? It's not like D3 has an overwhelming amount of legendary items to be recolored in what, 8-10 different hues? I dare say it would take an artist a day or 2 or even a week being generous to browse through all textures and reapply the colors with a photoshop action. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

The issue is that some of the textures look just god awful if you just do a simple re-coloring of them in Photoshop. Thus the reason why their graphic artists need to completely re-do the actual textures (on some) to make them look good when they apply all the colors that represent the dyes which exist in-game. Each dyeable legendary type also has different textures not just each class, but also for each sex. If you add in low level legendary armor, there are actually quite a bit of them (and since these are going to scale whenever the itemization patch does go live, it makes sense for them to commission all of this work in one shot).

Amazing, simply amazing
Only thing I want is the naked look on all gear including weapons so I can pvp with out people looking at my gear and going Oh no and leave.

...April Fools...amirite?

*Shakes Head* *Kicks the dirt*