Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Barbarian
Prev 1 14 15 16 25 Next
04/03/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Ragnarok
How much is an soj?

Non-barb COLD SoJ's i think are around 10M...haven't looked for one in quite some time but my guess it is around 10.

and what should be the min vit on the ik chest?

Highest vit/str/ar/armor you can afford. The more the merrier.
How much is an soj?

10-15m on buyout (non-barb soj with 6% cold dmg and 30% e dmg

and what should be the min vit on the ik chest?

u always want an ik chets with a minimum of 300 stats (150str/150vit), but since u have 180str on ur ik chest u would have to give up 30 str, which imo would be worth it. also, get the high stat ik boots i mentioned earlier. you're currently walking around in 100k ik boots... come on son get some new kicks!
Hi Nived,

I need help in increasing my overall tDPS. I have two barbs. I have about 40-50mil to spend. I do not want to cannibalize both sets as I let a friend borrow my secondary barb's gear when we play together. I want to stick to the WW/Hota with OP/KS build as I find it to the most versatile build for group play.

I can do Ubers MP8/9 with the occasional death or two with my primary barb. However Ubers MP10 is taking too long. I want to increase my tDPS to 850k to reduce time in Ubers MP10.

Primary Barb:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ongster-1417/hero/24801008
Elite tDPS: 545361
Effective Health: 545519

Secondary Barb:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ongster-1417/hero/27347656
Elite tDPS: 525966
Effective Health: 489213

I have only discovered d3rawr.com a few days ago. :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ongster
Hi Nived,

I need help in increasing my overall tDPS. I have two barbs. I have about 40-50mil to spend. I do not want to cannibalize both sets as I let a friend borrow my secondary barb's gear when we play together. I want to stick to the WW/Hota with OP/KS build as I find it to the most versatile build for group play.

When you're calculating ur tDPS, make sure u add in your buffs (BR, WOTB,OP/KS,etc.)

and what are u wanting me to do?
pick which one u should use and give upgrades?
give upgrades for both?

let me know and ill help u out
Hi Nived,

I would like you to focus on only upgrading my primary barb as she is PL52 and my secondary barb is PL9.

If you need to do some gear swap then let me know. I do have a Barb Cold SOJ with 26% bonus to elites in my stash if that is needed.

Thanks,
Ongster
I would like you to focus on only upgrading my primary barb as she is PL52 and my secondary barb is PL9.

If you need to do some gear swap then let me know.

Nice...different challenge every day Niv...

Musical Gear Swap...

I'll start the music.....now!
04/03/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Ongster

with 40-50m:
1) MH: Mace
a) 650-1200 dmg range ( or as close as u can get with ur budget)
b) str/cd/os
2) ik belt with 180str/70vit (theyre on ah for about 2-3m right now)
3) ur current ef isnt ideal.. it is best to use one with .24 or .25aps. with ur current .22aps ef you will need 36%ias to hit the 2.5 breakpoint with ur oh. as of right now, you can afford to drop ur mh ring (since ur oh ring is better) for a ring with avg dmg,str,cc,cd (stop putting vit on ur rings).
4) craft vit shoulders
Nice...different challenge every day Niv...

Musical Gear Swap...

I'll start the music.....now!

wow everything i just told him is on his other barb rofl
Hey guys /high five. That was for all of the help you've been offering the community (that goes for everyone giving advice).

I was wondering when I should get a Cold SoJ. I currently am at the 2.23 BP without WoTB, but I need one of my rings to reach that, otherwise I'm at 2.01. Should I wait until I get trifecta gloves before going for the cold soj?

My gear isn't much, but I do mp10 a3 runs w/out dying pretty easily... and ever since I'd dropped my HF ring and picked up IAS, i've noticed that monsters die much faster (my HF has 5.5 crit and like 179 str). Of course, I currently do not kill elites in MP10, unless they follow me long enough to just die.

So, what would you guys suggest?
04/03/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Athiniel

you're hitting 2.5 breakpoint. breakpoints are referring to while wotb is active. you would be fine dropping whichever ias ring gives u less dps in order to us an soj
I was wondering when I should get a Cold SoJ. I currently am at the 2.23 BP without WoTB, but I need one of my rings to reach that, otherwise I'm at 2.01. Should I wait until I get trifecta gloves before going for the cold soj?

Get a cold SoJ when you have a min of 28% crit and both hands hit 2.5 in both hands with one ring off (in wrath). As long as you meet those requirements...DO IT!

There really is no min crit requirement, but I have found that anything under 28% on gear and WoTB uptime gets dicey because of reduced fray procs. I usually recommend 28%, but you might feel comfortable at less...
04/03/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Nived

you're hitting 2.5 breakpoint. breakpoints are referring to while wotb is active. you would be fine dropping whichever ias ring gives u less dps in order to us an soj

Sweet! I have a 21% cold soj I can experiment with until I get the money for a 30% (I got it a while ago for like 100k).

Thanks man :)
Sweet! I have a 21% cold soj I can experiment with until I get the money for a 30% (I got it a while ago for like 100k).

might wanna check ur tDPS and make sure its even beneficial to use such a low e dmg soj. im sure it is, but it never hurts to check
04/03/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Pri

Get a cold SoJ when you have a min of 28% crit and both hands hit 2.5 in both hands with one ring off (in wrath). As long as you meet those requirements...DO IT!

There really is no min crit requirement, but I have found that anything under 28% on gear and WoTB uptime gets dicey because of reduced fray procs. I usually recommend 28%, but you might feel comfortable at less...

Since I've been doing MP10 almost exclusively, I haven't really had WoTB drop on me at all (unless I fail to see the dead end before it's too late). Maybe between going to the bridge from depths, but its off CD by then anyways. Anything lower than MP8 it gets a bit tough :\

I'll do some testing tonight when I get home, thanks a ton guys!
04/03/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Nived

might wanna check ur tDPS and make sure its even beneficial to use such a low e dmg soj. im sure it is, but it never hurts to check

Will do. I'll only be using it until I can afford a better one, which hopefully won't be long. Them brimstones ain't paying the bills >.<
Pri recommend I make a post here so I will. I have 200 million and I would like to know how to gear...I love running dw ww spec but my profile currently shows rend build if you need me to requp one handers let me know...I would like to beable to farm mp 8-10 white trash atleast thanks so much for the help
So this is where i get in touch with you.

I have a barb that will be powerleveled tonight to 60.
looking for ww spec, 350 mil budget.

If you could help me out gearing wise after i hit 60. Seeing all the give aways you do, ill be more than happy to throw a 25 mil donation in to help keep you rolling.

People saying you the man for ww gearing, and i know seriously nothing about gearing a ww barb.
Obviously my main is a dh. Looking to change things up a bit, lot of gold went into dh and hoarded enough gold to allow my budget that i have now for a barb.
@ust
@Crymore

for sure.. both of u add me in game
Thanks man, ill be in touch
Awesome thanks alot I added you
Hello Nived,

Was just wondering what my next upgrades ought to be. I've hit 2.5 BP with wotb up, can survive pretty well in a3 mp10, but would like it to go quicker if possible. I've got around 200m to work with. Thank you!