Worm hole rune - Lord of lies.

General Discussion
I suppose the wording of the tooltip can be seen in an ambiguous manner. A better wording might be like this:

"Teleport can be cast continually for one second before the cooldown is activated"

That would make it much clearer to everybody.

Thank you :P It baffled not me, but three friends at the same damn time.

Case closed. Blizz, pls just fix the wording. And lock the thread, i thought this ended days ago when we all agreed to disagree.
I suppose the wording of the tooltip can be seen in an ambiguous manner. A better wording might be like this:

"Teleport can be cast continually for one second before the cooldown is activated"

That would make it much clearer to everybody.

What!?
OMG I always thought I ran out of arcane power when I wasn't able to teleport after 3 or 4 times...
Now I think about it, it only costs 15 arcane power and I have over 100, 3 or 4 times in a row w/ regen seems too little lol

I think they need to change it to 1 sec delay before CD after EVERY cast. Or make it 0.5 sec if 1 sec is too OP. The wizard should be able to teleport often as long as he/she has arcane power!
Homicyde do you breathe with your mouth open? Cuz thats what i sounds like from here.
04/15/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Sleuth
(although i wish teleport was buffed, or didnt even have a cooldown).

With a CM wiz your CD is up almost instantly. And if you have checked the PTR notes lately... Teleport did get a buff. You can teleport through walls and what not now. (I don't think it works through locked doors and stuff... but if you could walk to an area... you can now teleport there faster)
04/17/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Yukmout
Homicyde do you breathe with your mouth open? Cuz thats what i sounds like from here.

O.o

Im sure somewhere in here is some kinda hidden jab, but i dont get it. Feel free to elaborate.
04/16/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Seraph
You just want to tele like you could in D2, but they didn't let the Wiz do that in this game. Not sure why tele couldn't have been a Defensive Skill that cost 10 AP or something with no Cooldown.

If you are geared enough the CD becomes negligible. And with the upcoming changes to Teleport (can go through walls) ... when used with Wormhole is acts pretty much like how it did in D2. I use teleport and I teleport all over the place... way faster than walking.
04/17/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Homicyde

O.o

Im sure somewhere in here is some kinda hidden jab, but i dont get it. Feel free to elaborate.

I think he meant the wording in skill description should be very clear, which I personally don't agree.
I guess for people like us who can't understand ambiguous wordings very well, a jab should be made more clear :P

If you are geared enough the CD becomes negligible. And with the upcoming changes to Teleport (can go through walls) ... when used with Wormhole is acts pretty much like how it did in D2. I use teleport and I teleport all over the place... way faster than walking.

You need a mob dense area to reduce the CD. So unless you can teleport from one mob to another in a sec, you still have to wait for the CD...
I think he meant the wording in skill description should be very clear, which I personally don't agree.
I guess for people like us who can't understand ambiguous wordings very well, a jab should be made more clear :P

It's not that hard to understand... once you actually "see" how the skill rune works... then you should say "oh THAT is what they mean". It shouldn't be the other way around. You shouldn't cry about the wording and say it could have multiple meanings... sure... any description could possible have some ambiguity, but once you see how the game works ... that pretty much clears up "WHICH" interpretation of the wording you should be using.

An example where you can't see how it works to understand the definition is "Add X% to Elemental Damage". This affix... you can't exactly see how it works in game to understand the wording... now that I can see wanting some clarification.

But for Teleport... where you can easily test how it works... well then the interpretation you should use for the wording becomes obvious.
04/17/2013 03:10 PMPosted by ZingyDNA
You need a mob dense area to reduce the CD. So unless you can teleport from one mob to another in a sec, you still have to wait for the CD...

And that's a problem? With the mob density changes it is even less of a problem. I like teleport. It becomes better as you get more items and build your character and play harder content.

It's not that hard to understand... once you actually "see" how the skill rune works... then you should say "oh THAT is what they mean". It shouldn't be the other way around. You shouldn't cry about the wording and say it could have multiple meanings... sure... any description could possible have some ambiguity, but once you see how the game works ... that pretty much clears up "WHICH" interpretation of the wording you should be using.

An example where you can't see how it works to understand the definition is "Add X% to Elemental Damage". This affix... you can't exactly see how it works in game to understand the wording... now that I can see wanting some clarification.

But for Teleport... where you can easily test how it works... well then the interpretation you should use for the wording becomes obvious.

Ahh well. I see.

At any rate, appreciate the clarification.

Seriously though, why everyone meme "cryin" all the time. I mean, really. I expressed what i think is a inadequate tooltip, and nothing more.

Im not sittin here with pools of tears drowning my keyboard ... really people. lol. At any rate, Glock, appreciate your time, and othes who have voiced their opinions.

Cheers.
It makes since that people are bringing up a TGC, any one who has ever played that has always argued about what the card can actually do.

But in this case you are arguing with a program, and that tool tip does exactly what it says. But by you arguing with blizzard about what the tool tip says is pretty dumb. It is much like treating as a TCG at a hobby shop, where the actual effect can be brought up as debate when you use it because the wording is weird. IN this case combination of using it, and reading it conferms what it is all about. And then going to blizzard saying my reading sucks you need to make it more understandable, is pretty redundant, Just do the ability and try and see what it does for your self. TO me the tool tip is in line with everything else. Honestly, By reading the toll tip. I'd be under the impression you cast it once and once again before the cool down. you are lucky you can cast it four times fast.
The OP does not like getting proven wrong. He does not care how many players come in and tell him he is wrong.

What he wants is for Blizz to redesign the rune where it is an endless casting of teleport. Virtually removing the cooldown. Why bother with getting CM when you can get Blizz to remove the cooldown by giving you a rune where you can spam it endlessly.

That is why he attacks anyone that tells him he is wrong and it is working as intended. He just wants to have replies where players are nodding their empty heads in agreement with him. Which would be lies in itself.
The OP does not like getting proven wrong. He does not care how many players come in and tell him he is wrong.

What he wants is for Blizz to redesign the rune where it is an endless casting of teleport. Virtually removing the cooldown. Why bother with getting CM when you can get Blizz to remove the cooldown by giving you a rune where you can spam it endlessly.

That is why he attacks anyone that tells him he is wrong and it is working as intended. He just wants to have replies where players are nodding their empty heads in agreement with him. Which would be lies in itself.

Wow, have you read my replies.

You come in here shooting off your mouth, with no clue of how i have replied, quite obviously. I have been more than decent, but it seems theres some insistent trolls that just lke to roll it on and on.
I was about to say this:

"People should stop saying op has a point. He does not. The tooltip is perfectly clear and accurate.

Read slowly.

You cast teleport.... one second later the cooldown begins. During that second you can keep casting it. Nowhere does the tooltip imply that the casts in between will reset that one second delay."

and though technically correct, I, just now, remembered that I assumed the same thing as OP, when I first got that rune on my wiz.

Perhaps it could be worded a little clearer, but OP still rubs me the wrong way with how he approached this. Maybe more constructive feedback and less nerd rage would be good.
04/17/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Matt90977
but OP still rubs me the wrong way

Dude, im not rubbing you any way, any where, any how... got that? :P
04/17/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Homicyde
but OP still rubs me the wrong way

Dude, im not rubbing you any way, any where, any how... got that? :P

I must admit, I did have a dirty image pop into my head as I typed that phrase.

I mean, think about it. Why would Blizz lie? What possible benefit would there be for them to deliberately lie about a freaking rune?

Never mind the fact that perhaps, just perhaps, it might be a bug?

Lie : to deliver a false statement

Seems legit to me.

If you are going to quote Wikipedia, try using the whole quote.

To lie is to deliver a false statement to another person which the speaking person knows is not the whole truth, intentionally

Key word, "intentionally." Now prove their intention please.
I believe I've settled the cause of the OP thinking the rune's description was misleading.

I'll pass along the feedback here when I'm able to. For now, please stop arguing. With the subject of the thread clarified to the OP, there is nothing more to be gained by a flame war.

Caution: This cookie bites back.
I believe I've settled the cause of the OP thinking the rune's description was misleading.I'll pass along the feedback here when I'm able to. For now, please stop arguing. With the subject of the thread clarified to the OP, there is nothing more to be gained by a flame war.

Exactly, and furthermore, i thanked you, and everyone for opinions. Now, three days later the trolls come out to play.

Pass word on to just lock the thread. I dont mind.