WotB and Archon - Whack Attack

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
WotB isn't the problem. Thrive on Chaos is.
S$%t storm in 3, 2, 1...
04/19/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Travis Day
I have a love hate relationship with Wrath and Archon for that matter. This is a topic that I felt I should at least comment on since it's come up on many occasions. There is no fundamental flaw with having a 2 minute cooldown ability that transforms your character and is really powerful, the problem is when it becomes a forgone conclusion that these AWESOME abilities are up 100% of the time and instead of being excited that they are up you are annoyed when they fall off. We have talked about what if anything we want to do with these abilities in the long term. I will say we have no short term plans to change them but we don't like that they aren't fulfilling their original purpose which is to provide a really awesome button that mixes up the tempo of combat for a small window of time.

Whatever you do, I hope you don't penalize those of us that use it as intended, that is people that just use it for the occasional boost and not a permanent boost.
04/19/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Brandon
Whatever you do, I hope you don't penalize those of us that use it as intended, that is people that just use it for the occasional boost and not a permanent boost.

I want to make this point clear. Wrath is an awesome ability, when the game first launched players used it the way it was designed to be used which was as a huge, temporary, power boost to kill a hard champ or fight a boss. The problem stems from the ability to keep it up 100% of the time. Any future change that we would consider making to either this or Archon would be focused on making these not a 100% uptime abilities. So yes as was stated above Wrath isn't the problem, Thrive on Chaos and the assist duration extending mechanic of Archon are the problems.
04/19/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Travis Day

I want to make this point clear. Wrath is an awesome ability, when the game first launched players used it the way it was designed to be used which was as a huge, temporary, power boost to kill a hard champ or fight a boss. The problem stems from the ability to keep it up 100% of the time. Any future change that we would consider making to either this or Archon would be focused on making these not a 100% uptime abilities. So yes as was stated above Wrath isn't the problem, Thrive on Chaos and the assist duration extending mechanic of Archon are the problems.

So you not only plan to eventually nerf WotB, but also the Archon that you just buffed? Sometimes I wonder what you people are smoking down there at Blizz.

"Hey guys, I know how we can grow the playerbase! Let's p!*# off 2 of the most popular class/specs."
It's good to see you guys are looking at class balance a little more deeply.

Any chance that when you reduce the ability to make those skills have 100% uptime, that you'll give those abilities either a base duration boost or a CD reduction? 15 seconds out of a 2 minute window is absolutely tiny.

Archon has some downsides, in that they can't use their defensive skills while under Archon and they can't move while channeling. So it, in particular, might benefit from a duration or CD adjustment. It just doesn't seem to justify 15 seconds out of 120 at the moment.

While I do think that 100% uptime on WoTB is a little bit much, I don't want to see either of these classes ending up in bad shape. Especially Wizard, which has already taken some substantial nerfs in the past.

Edit: And yeah, I do hope the closer look at class balance means some good things for DH. Our regen skills just got a boost (along with everyone else's) but they're so weak to begin with, and our low effective damage doesn't really justify that as a tradeoff.
Travis, I know I'm jacking this thread but is there any word on the Demon Hunters? I mean we have been talking about buffing DHs way before WOTB and we heard nothing. We have the most popular threads that have been going on for weeks.

So you not only plan to eventually nerf WotB, but also the Archon that you just buffed? Sometimes I wonder what you people are smoking down there at Blizz.

"Hey guys, I know how we can grow the playerbase! Let's p!*# off 2 of the most popular class/specs."

I don't think it's nerfing as in making it less powerful. It's nerfing the 100% uptime. That's what makes it OP.
Whereas any response on a question is appreciated, I did notice that you didn't address the appearance issue. What are your feelings about some players not wanting to lose the appearance of their gear when using wotb/archon? Is this something you have discussed? Is it on the table? Are you philosophically against changing it?
04/19/2013 04:37 PMPosted by DarkSoul
Barbs. Roll new chars =D HAHHAHAHAHAHA

hahaha BERFING NARBS now? why not buff other classes?
So you intend to "buff" archon wiz in group farming but adding kill assist to help keep up archon, but now are saying that keeping up ability is a problem. wtf?
Why don't you roll a Monk, WD, or DH? Too soon?
04/19/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Travis Day

If you guys happen to do this you will lose more than half ur player base.
oh wow, nerf incoming for boobarian. thx qqer
04/19/2013 04:43 PMPosted by BLKDRGN
Why don't you roll a Monk, WD, or DH? Too soon?

wait a few
04/19/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Jt3z

If you guys happen to do this you will lose more than half ur player base.

Good riddance to easy mode slackers. I'd rather play with less people who are here to play the game fairly than more who coast on an absurdly OP ability.
04/19/2013 04:38 PMPosted by tantricfuel
Barbs. Roll new chars =D HAHHAHAHAHAHA

hahaha BERFING NARBS now? why not buff other classes?

That'd mean overhaul of all classes. Last word has been said. By blizz. So just accept that class is broken and it's a well-known fact.