DiEoxidE & Flight's Step Video Tutorials!

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
04/11/2013 11:01 AMPosted by GodIike
You miss quite a lot of attacks in the video. Maybe switching to hungering arrow is better?

Entangling Shot is very important in keeping the gap open
Great video tutorial, but this will hurt my hand with 3.00 attack speed, so i use the same shift hold down button as ActionKungfu had mentioned in the above post.

DiEoxidE, do you happen to know how to back step without ever turning back to move back?

What i mean, is how Surfinn does it in the video Flight posted "4 DemonHunters in Ubers".

Skip to 6:35-6:44 mark and 8:17-8:30 mark to see what i am referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUCq6B6H6TA

Surfinn will move in closer to target after a few bolas, then will unload Cluster bombs as he is retreating backwards, but still faces forward as he moves back.

Two reasons why i see he does it, first being to keep Steady Aim passive on, and the second is to keep his distance so he can avoid attacks.

Had to re-write what I originally had here because I completely misunderstood your post.

What you see surfinn doing is not what he actually sees in his own game. I'm not sure why its like that, but if you play with any steppers, you'll notice that your screen doesn't pick up the "back and forth" animation that you would see on your character when you do it and it appears that they are just sliding across the screen.

It's not a technique that he's doing different or anything, its just the way animations work for other characters on your screen.
04/11/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Oscar
You miss quite a lot of attacks in the video. Maybe switching to hungering arrow is better?

Entangling Shot is very important in keeping the gap open

He's in GCB so he's just picking at me lol. My high ping has been mentioned in both vids, I have yet to come up with a solution in lowering that while recording. I'm thinking I may have to use a different program, though I really like bandicam :(

Anyways, thanks for the support! I asked Flight to make video of the other method, so I can hopefully add that to the OP tonight :D
Is there an option in the Bandicam to record Mic voice-over as well? I can't seem to find that.
Awesome videos. Flight showed me the "move slide" method, will have to practice both, see which works better for me.
Now just need to get better gear, back to farming I go lol :P
04/11/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Oscar
Is there an option in the Bandicam to record Mic voice-over as well? I can't seem to find that.

I used team speak. Using windows 7, i went to control panel, to sound, to recording tab, right clicked on microphone, went to properties, clicked on "listen" tab, then checked the box labled "listen to this device" I then just picked a channel to myself and Bandicam picks up your voice.
Good vid! More DH definitely need to practice this!

Maybe try out Fraps for video recording?
Just added the "move slide" (don't know what to really call it), method of stepping in the OP. :P
whoa you guys step in a totally DIFF way then i do lol! never did the slide thing or the double click
04/11/2013 06:45 PMPosted by METATRON
whoa you guys step in a totally DIFF way then i do lol! never did the slide thing or the double click

You mind sharing how you do it? The more options, the better!

its a secret :P LOL! jk i have auto move bound to a diff key, its normally not bound to any key and i just bind stop to space and move to E.

Space is used for skipping text etc so i just bind that to F1 lol. i never click to move since it gets your hands and finger tired faster, i just hold down E the whole time to move around and hold down left click and just tap stop (space in my case) and slide the cursor back and forth as i tap and release to move. Also if you use any non generators like BL or whatever u dont need to hit stop just the right click or whatever ur using. Also tend to keep my cursor over my character most of the time and just slide off by a bit in the direction i want to move or shoot, kinda tricky at first but gives great control when figured out and is easy on the wrist and fingers since your not sliding so much or clicking.

funny thing is doing this makes playing with every class so much easier haha
Nice vid Die! I lol'd at the snake!!

04/11/2013 06:54 PMPosted by METATRON
i have auto move bound to a diff key, its normally not bound to any key and i just bind stop to space and move to E.

I use the same concept. Though I bind move to space and force stand is still the shift button. Thumbs on space bar to move without clicking, and pinky on shift button to force stand. When I'm using my secondary attack(cluster bombs/bola shot) no need to press shift. I just move with space bar and shoot secondary with right click.

04/11/2013 06:54 PMPosted by METATRON
funny thing is doing this makes playing with every class so much easier haha

+1 and it helps you get out of sticky/stuck situations too compared to clicking(well at least from what I've experienced).
Awesome resource man! I like this DH community thing that is happening!

I experimented with directional keys as well. you have up/down left/right to customize.

Button configuration :

Cluster arrow on Primary mouse button / Sentry on Secondary mouse button..

Force move on arrow down of directional key - Entangling shot on arrow key up (These just needs to be NOT on the mouse, otherwise anywhere on the keyboard) and other skills within reach..

Gameplay: Mouse cursor pointing towards target and press Entangling shot ( press and release ) / mouse cursor moves behind DH or beside DH and press FORCE move ( pressing one button at a time )

Note : Advance technique -

DiEoxide keeps cursor very close to toon at all times. Very precise movements. But beginners will find that it's hard to shoot straight ( until you get use to it )

Flight puts mouse on mob or even past the mob - shoots - moves mouse way behind toon ( close to off screen) - press force move. ( you will shoot very straight and in line but beginners will find it hard to make precise movements till the get quicker at steppin )

I combined both there techniques and sometimes even use both at the same times during an elite encounter.. I hope this helps..
I think this link along with flights deserves to be on the sticky that Oscar made :)
04/11/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Oscar
Another tip for those who are having difficulty with the coordination of this is to put your primary attack or secondary attack (such as Ball Lightning, or Bola Shot) on your RIGHT CLICK, that way you can move with left click and Attack with right click.

Hurrah someone else who does this! Makes it so much more fluid to stutter step when you don't even need to use the keyboard. That's why my Hungering Arrow is always on RMB instead of LMB.
Edited OP and title to include Flight's video and organized it a bit more. :)
:D
^