whimsyshire and 1.0.8

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
So this might be a bit of an odd question, but I'm curious if whimsyshire will also see mob density fixes like Acts 1,2,4 are getting in 1.0.8?

While it's a bit of a letdown compared to the cow level of d2, part of the reason was the nature of the cow level....a huge horde of cows to slaughter was tons of fun. Whimsyshire on the other hand has very few mobs by comparison.

While it isn't a spot I'd farm 24/7, right now I never really find myself traveling there so I think fixing the mob density there would at least open it up as an option to farm or somewhere to go at the end of an act 1 run.
+1 for this

whimyshire should not go missed, it will still be balanced by act 4 increases
I asked this question a while back and it got very little traction. Free bump.

I would love to see Whimsyshire become relevant again. Completely dead content now.
Also.. add a whimsyboss in there!
A whimsyboss? How about a giant leprechaun!
04/03/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Lumamaster

ALL OF MY YES.
04/03/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Telliks

ALL OF MY YES.

!!!!!
Make clouds into chests again, instead of junkboxes, and turn mob density up to 11.

IMO Whimsey should be so appealing that there are 3 kids of uber runs:
There are two today:
Uber run
Uber Run + Key

there should be a compelling reason to make another that is
Full Uber - Keys, Ponies

Right now the only reason I can see in the game to party up is ubers, and making ponies good again would extend that by a lot.
I would support this for sure. Don't want to see whimseyshire buffed to the point where it is the only way to farm, but would like to see it be not a waste of time for people who want to go kill teddy bears and ponies once in a while.
Make clouds into chests again, instead of junkboxes, and turn mob density up to 11.

There are two today:
Uber run
Uber Run + Key

Full Uber - Keys, Ponies

Right now the only reason I can see in the game to party up is ubers, and making ponies good again would extend that by a lot.

can someone explain this reasoning to me? ubers aren't worth the trouble in any way. it takes forever and your only reward(unless you play it on mp10) is maybe getting a couple organs, so that you can eventually make a hellfire ring(which will suck about 90% of the time) and is ACCOUNT BOUND. as are the organs. so there's no profit to be made there whatsoever.

think back to ubers in d2:lod. the only reason people ran them was for the massive exp. they ran runs to either power level characters or to push towards 99. with the way ubers work in this game, they're practically useless for exp. i can do 3 or 4 keeps runs in the time it takes to do 1 uber run and get much much much more experience.

so..what's the point? the challenge? i never really understood playing a game that's entirely about an item grind for the challenge. all that the "challenge" does is make it take longer for me to get my drops. i want to kill as much as possible as quickly as possible, i don't want it to be a challenge. i play other games for challenges. this game, since the original diablo, has ALWAYS just been about killing monsters to get better gear so you can kill the next monsters quicker and then get slightly better gear and rinse and repeat on and on.

ubers don't progress this in any way, so i don't get the point.

There are two today:
Uber run
Uber Run + Key

Full Uber - Keys, Ponies

can someone explain this reasoning to me? ubers aren't worth the trouble in any way. it takes forever and your only reward(unless you play it on mp10) is maybe getting a couple organs, so that you can eventually make a hellfire ring(which will suck about 90% of the time) and is ACCOUNT BOUND. as are the organs. so there's no profit to be made there whatsoever.

think back to ubers in d2:lod. the only reason people ran them was for the massive exp. they ran runs to either power level characters or to push towards 99. with the way ubers work in this game, they're practically useless for exp. i can do 3 or 4 keeps runs in the time it takes to do 1 uber run and get much much much more experience.

so..what's the point? the challenge? i never really understood playing a game that's entirely about an item grind for the challenge. all that the "challenge" does is make it take longer for me to get my drops. i want to kill as much as possible as quickly as possible, i don't want it to be a challenge. i play other games for challenges. this game, since the original diablo, has ALWAYS just been about killing monsters to get better gear so you can kill the next monsters quicker and then get slightly better gear and rinse and repeat on and on.

ubers don't progress this in any way, so i don't get the point.

Translation: "I have absolutely no concept of how fun is subjective and how people could possibly enjoy something different than what I do."
guys i'm gonna go buy battlefield 3 so i can hop in the jeeps and use it like a racing game!
actually no i'm gonna go buy darksiders because i like solving puzzles and complain constantly because there's just too much FIGHTING in it O.O
what i like about tropico 4 is the graphics but MAN all that city building sure sucks, why won't they fix that >=/
or like, i hate reading with a passion but i go to a book club every week...cause there's free food.

AND SCREW ANYONE WHO TELLS ME I'M STUPID FOR DOING IT
Lets keep this thread on topic guys, maybe we'll get a confirmation one way or the other from a Blue as to if the density will effect whimsyshire or not.
04/03/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Lumamaster

+1
I see some blue's are now replying to forum posts.....any chance this one might see a reply??? :-)
I support this, but we wont see a blue answering this anytime soon.

They're busy answering what follower you would bring to your thanksgiving.