multiple elemental dmg types vs elmtl res?

Brawling
say a dh with a manticore which has the poison dmg mod 250-550 poison dmg and wearing soj with +6% to fire dmg and a innas belt with +8% holy dmg

this dh shoots a chemical burn impale(part wep dmg part physical) at a monk with 400 physical resist, 500 poison res, 600 fire res, 700 holy res.

any one know how the dmg reduction from the resists is calculated?
This looks like a PhD thesis topic to me...
I would guess the game keeps the damage separate and reduces each based on that elemental resistance and then adds them up at the end. This would be almost impossible to test.
lol from what I know, it works like this (note: not 100% guaranteed, just my understanding based on some tests I did before):

- SOJ + Inna's belt add DPS based on your bow's physical "black" damage only (Subtract 250-550 from your weapon DPS). This DPS is included in your charsheet DPS, so you don't need to manually calculate it

- When you shoot attacks that deal "XXX% weapon damage," the attacks have MULTIPLE properties. That is, the portion of DPS coming from 250-550 weapon damage is reduced by POISON resist, and the remaining DPS from (Weapon DPS - 250-550) is reduced by PHYSICAL resist.

- For chemical burn, only the INITIAL impact (non-bleed) is split into 2 types of damage. The bleed is 100% physical, regardless of your weapon type

- I tested the initial impact with MannerCookie, and we saw that poison resist gear reduces the initial manti's dmg, and physical resist does as well, which can only mean that if your skill doesn't SPECIFICALLY say "xxx% dmg as physical," then you can assume it's a combination of your weapon properties

- If you have a purely black weapon, then it's all physical, the same is probably true for hungering arrow & all other skills that don't specify an element

- edit: one last bit, so how does this relate to the SOJ & Inna's pants? Well SOJ & inna's pants boost the physical property damage & the poison damage is irrelevant, so you just get increased physical damage relative to your poison damage when you shoot skills

- one thing I dont understand/didn't test:
>>> If chemical burn's bleed is "physical," does it convert your manti's complete damage (physical+poison) into physical, or does it ignore the poison damage? Would really like to know this too... if this ever becomes true, then mantis are not that good lol

>>> But from another example, "Loaded for Bear" description says it's all FIRE damage, so I think it does convert your entire weapon dps (physical + poison) into fire... unless it just converts the physical part? I doubt this though

>>> I also don't know if that 8% holy damage from Inna's is reduced by holy resist (same for SOJ/Fire). I would guess yes but I really don't know

@D3 mechanics gurus: correct me if I'm wrong lol
yes this is really hard to test which its why I havnt figured it out. Im hoping a dataminer theory craft guru or even a blizz blue post will enlighten us.

mystical;

SOJ + Inna's belt add DPS based on your bow's physical "black" damage only (Subtract 250-550 from your weapon DPS). This DPS is included in your charsheet DPS, so you don't need to manually calculate it
Correct

When you shoot attacks that deal "XXX% weapon damage," the attacks have MULTIPLE properties. That is, the portion of DPS coming from 250-550 weapon damage is reduced by POISON resist, and the remaining DPS from (Weapon DPS - 250-550) is reduced by PHYSICAL resist.

Why do you think its being reduced by physical resist? what if ur whering a cold dmg soj. I knw for sure weapon dmg skills will transmit the element type from gear. that is why you get a chill effect from many dh attacks if they wear a cold dmg soj.

lets make a simpler example. say a dh with black weapon bow and cold dmg soj shoots a barb w hungering arrow. is the dmg all cold dmg or a combo of cold and physical? if combo how is it distributed?

For chemical burn, only the INITIAL impact (non-bleed) is split into 2 types of damage. The bleed is 100% physical, regardless of your weapon type
correct but what if the dh has more than 2 types of elemental mods like in my origanl question?[/quote]

I tested the initial impact with MannerCookie, and we saw that poison resist gear reduces the initial manti's dmg, and physical resist does as well, which can only mean that if your skill doesn't SPECIFICALLY say "xxx% dmg as physical," then you can assume it's a combination of your weapon properties
So the black part of a weapon counts as a physical dmg mod. question is how is this effected by multiple other elemental dmg mods that are +x% to element dmg.

edit: one last bit, so how does this relate to the SOJ & Inna's pants? Well SOJ & inna's pants boost the physical property damage & the poison damage is irrelevant, so you just get increased physical damage relative to your poison damage when you shoot skills
so how do you explain the chill effect of a +x% to cold dmg on gear mod?

- one thing I dont understand/didn't test:
>>> If chemical burn's bleed is "physical," does it convert your manti's complete damage (physical+poison) into physical, or does it ignore the poison damage? Would really like to know this too... if this ever becomes true, then mantis are not that good lol
converts it.

I also don't know if that 8% holy damage from Inna's is reduced by holy resist (same for SOJ/Fire). I would guess yes but I really don't know
I would guess yes too but what happens if you have multiple x% elemental mods like in the original example how is it split up?