Crafting upgrades

Monk
Well I've reached the point where I can't upgrade anymore via AH without spending hundreds of millions. Tried my hand at crafting yesterday, and came up with some pretty decent amulet, armour and bracers, and am using them now.

At first I thought that the crafts were awesome since they were way better than what I had previously been using (gotta love those green numbers everywhere!) But after looking at some other profiles, I realised my crafts were only so-so. So many monks running around with 300+ dex and 100+ vit with AR shoulders, 300+ dex bracers, etc! Only my ammy seemed decent, as I rarely see people with trifecta crafted ammys.

So the question is, what should I focus on improving next? I wanted to keep trying my hand at ammys, till I get a trifecta, but if the chances of improvement are too low, should I go for the other pieces instead? I'm looking at shoulders now especially, since I hate the look of vile ward on a monk. But it seems that it's gonna be difficult to roll a double res, high dex high vit shoulders to beat that too.
You can do better on the chest, but I agree that shoulders and gloves will be hard to beat. Your bracers are good, but you can probably beat that roll quite easily too.
I thought the chest was already pretty good, since I'm a cold monk.
If I go for the bracers, it's only for that extra 0.5% crit and maybe a higher vit roll?

The one that I really want is the amulet, to roll a trifecta, but it's just soooo hard.
04/21/2013 07:39 PMPosted by HeyMomma
So the question is, what should I focus on improving next? I wanted to keep trying my hand at ammys, till I get a trifecta, but if the chances of improvement are too low, should I go for the other pieces instead? I'm looking at shoulders now especially, since I hate the look of vile ward on a monk. But it seems that it's gonna be difficult to roll a double res, high dex high vit shoulders to beat that too.

It took me 500 tries to get my ammy and I'm still not satisfied with it lol. It'll do for now. But this will give you an idea at least at how long it can take
04/21/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Omniscient

It took me 500 tries to get my ammy and I'm still not satisfied with it lol. It'll do for now. But this will give you an idea at least at how long it can take

500 tries...that's a lot of money and time down the tubes...and you're right, it's still far from perfect! I guess I should work on the shoulders and bracers first.