Why no in game voice chat? Sc2 has it.

General Discussion
I don't understand why a game that tries to inspire cooperative play wouldn't support a voice chat feature so you can talk to people in your game.. Typing seems too primitive of a way to communicate, you don't have to stop attacking to say something into a mic but you do to type something such as "don't kill treasure goblin yet" thats seconds that can kill you. Does anybody have an answer for me?
WoW has in game voice chat and it is horrid... I would find it hard to believe that SC2's voice chat is any different. Why would you want a crappy built in voice chat when you could just download a better one for free and use it?
"While we toyed around with the idea of in-game chat, we feel it strays away from the design and core of the game. We may re-investigate this topic in the future, but for now we have no plans of adding it at this time."

~Blue

There, I just saved all you guys a lot of time.
Use Skype, works great.
04/24/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Masokyst
WoW has in game voice chat and it is horrid... I would find it hard to believe that SC2's voice chat is any different. Why would you want a crappy built in voice chat when you could just download a better one for free and use it?

04/24/2013 08:35 AMPosted by redjrh
Use Skype, works great.

Point is, he wants to interact with random people. Every time you join a random game you aren't going to start off with "Hey add me on skype bro!" or "(Vent info) join vent!".
xfire FTW
04/24/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Hazekiller

Use Skype, works great.

Point is, he wants to interact with random people. Every time you join a random game you aren't going to start off with "Hey add me on skype bro!" or "(Vent info) join vent!".

that is a good point.
Join my party, shut up and do your job. I don't need to talk to you or hear your bad jokes and anecdotes. I don't know you nor do i wish to. PLAY THE GAME.
I can't see why this would be a bad idea, I'd welcome it. It's not like it would be mandatory for every player. I'd love to be able to converse while farming without the need to stop playing and a mute feature would take care of any troll problems.

Of course ventrillo/Skype and similar services suffice in the meantime, but as a previous poster mentioned, the ability to talk to players in random pub games as opposed to your co-op buddies would be a nice addition.
I honestly have no idea why any multiplayer game released today would not have voice chat. This is another byproduct of the rushed launch.

The voice chat in Starcraft 2 works really well.

04/24/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Dolla
"While we toyed around with the idea of in-game chat, we feel it strays away from the design and core of the game. We may re-investigate this topic in the future, but for now we have no plans of adding it at this time."

The core of the game being? Typing "e" when you find elites and spamming 123 so fast during ubers that if you stop to chat your life steal stops working and you die. They didn't even get basic chat working, expecting voice chat would be like expecting divine intervention.
04/24/2013 10:13 AMPosted by JonkZ
Join my party, shut up and do your job. I don't need to talk to you or hear your bad jokes and anecdotes. I don't know you nor do i wish to. PLAY THE GAME.

So you are anti social and he is not.
it would really be beneficial for team Pvp so you could strategize, itd be very difficult to do so chatting while going up against a barb or cm wiz.
04/24/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Jonesybones

So you are anti social and he is not.

In my experience any game that has voice access, it gets abused.

Gabe is right on in this comic.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19
yes! give this game voice chat. it is a big time WTF that this game has no voice chat. for those that don't like it, they can have an option to disable it. an outside voice chat program is not the answer.
I honestly have no idea why any multiplayer game released today would not have voice chat. This is another byproduct of the rushed launch.

The voice chat in Starcraft 2 works really well.

The core of the game being? Typing "e" when you find elites and spamming 123 so fast during ubers that if you stop to chat your life steal stops working and you die. They didn't even get basic chat working, expecting voice chat would be like expecting divine intervention.

It was a joke, bro. You know they say this kind of stuff constantly.

At this point it's just cookie cutter.
SC2 is a more competitive game where communication is essential. D3 requires less communication or none at times. D3 is more... casual.