Error 3005 out of the blue

Technical Support
Last night i was playing Diablo just fine and this afternoon I can not log in and get the infamous 3005 error. I live on a University but haven't had the issue before with our security client. Being Thursday, many people go home so the traffic on the internet shouldn't be an issue.

I know this has been an issue before though out the past year for people, does it just go away because its on blizzard's end, or is it on my side?

thanks
Jakubach,

Is there any way you can see if any others on your school campus connection are having the same problem? It may be due to something your school network admins suddenly implemented.

"A working class hero is something to be...."

Please provide feedback! - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos
I actually don't know anyone else on my campus who plays, but i am still able to play WOW, so why would it not affect that too?
Jakubach,

Your school admins may have implemented new security policies affecting Diablo III. It would really help if you could verify the campus connection works first or we could be troubleshooting a problem we'd have no hope of resolving.

I see you were using a Comcast connection a few days ago. Is there any way you can test with that connection again?

The Comcast connection is from my home, but since Sunday i have been on campus and Diablo has worked. At the moment i am using my university's connection, including last night, buti do not know the specific provider.
Jakubach,

Your university ( ___ State University System) is listed as the provider for your more recent connections.

Are you on wireless there at school or using a wired connection? If you have a laptop, can you move to another location on campus and try it? Can you contact your school network admins and ask if they've recently started prohibiting connections from games like Diablo III?

We require unrestricted communications on ports 80, 1119, and 6881 - 6999. You might see if their blocking any of those.

You can also run through these suggestions if you like but really, I'd first make sure the campus connection works first.

Hello, I am having this same issue...I log into the game just fine and i start playing and about every 10 mins it boots me saying i disconnected and then it cant retrieve my hero list and then i have to re log in. This happens every time for the past three days that i try to log in...My lap top isn't over loaded on programs and im the admin so Ive allowed the ports to run..Ive also tried uninstalling unused programs and Ive also lowered all graphic content within the game but nothing is helping. I've gone into my router and flushed the DHS or DNS or whatever its called but that still didn't help so at this point im forced to come here...I want to play a steady 2 hours for once no interruptions.
Well....strange thing indeed this is. All day trying periodically for 8 hours i was getting the error. But last night at around 1am i was able to connect to the game, but my browsers were not working. Now today I tried to log in and i got 3005 again, but my browsers work.

I tried both wired( what i usually use for our rooms do not get strong wireless signals), and wireless connection from multiple spots on campus and same results. So...maybe my schools just being funky for me.

The web browser issue of last night was just my dorm room for no one else had the issue, each of our rooms has separate Ethernet ports, so i assume that is irrelevant if i can not log into Diablo from other ports/wireless.

And my school does not restrict our internet at all, all other games i play work just fine, Xbox works, PS3 works, WOW works and other forms of Battle.net. But like i said, i was able to log in at ~1AM, so it could be a traffic issue, but the thing is my school is a heavy commuter school so a lot of people go home.

I also do not know much about looking up ports, but I tried some ip port test sites and the ports keep timing out.

(side note: i find it funny that the Diablo forums thinks Diablo isn't a word/name)
Also to be more exact i get error 3005 then 3007 following it right after that so that's whats causing me to re log.

I've opened the requested ports through windows system in running and my router and still the error occurs.

I have also enabeled UpNp for universal port forwarding automatically and that didnt help...If there is anything i can do on my end i think ive already done it here.

I personally want to note I think this is really a Diablo 3 issue nothing on my end. Simply because ive been playing diablo3 for only maybe two weeks. However within that span of time of only recently encountered this issue. Also another reason why I think its Diablo 3 is because I can go on almost literally everything else on my computer and it does not do what Diablo 3 does...I can run Runescape, WoW, The Sims, Gaia online ( these were all mere for testing) just fine without anything happening. However Diablo 3 is the only thing thats giving me hardship. If any one can exploit this message/ conversation to a Blizzard employee that can take it to someone really important please do because im sure im not the only on that feels this issue here.