Easy Auction house fix that isn't removing it.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
Contra you say I am wrong yet you haven't actually proven me wrong, I have also posted an article after your comments. You should read it.

Read this article. Skip to Inflation Defined and it's second paragraph. It pertains to flipping.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2011/05/30/what-actually-causes-inflation/
Economy in D3 is worse than that of the US it will never recover. They should have taken the PoE route: No AH and all items, even whites, are useful. I have 3 70+ characters in PoE and have NEVER bought or traded gear with another player. Everything is self found or made through crafting. Lets see anyone go through Paragon leveling with only self found items...ROFL good luck and will see you next year where MAYBE you have enough DPS and EHP to do something higher than MP0.
Well, our problem is not AH, its the itemization.

This. Now please delete this thread.
Incompetence is contagious on these forums.There is no hope for society in 20 years.

Edit: Read this article Inflation defined second paragraph. It pertains to flipping.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2011/05/30/what-actually-causes-inflation/

I love your attempt to save faces.

You can't even tell the difference between inflation and price correction under market mechanism...and trying to pretend you know the meaning of these words, so cute.

For you dumbass you better learn to walk by googling a basic introduction to inflation before trying to find a 2011 article that looks like your claim (but in fact completely irrelevant with your original statement about flipping cause inflation).

Seriously kid, uninstall and gtfo.

You lose.
Contra you say I am wrong yet you haven't actually proven me wrong, I have also posted an article after your comments. You should read it.

Read this article. Skip to Inflation Defined and it's second paragraph. It pertains to flipping.

That article is nothing to do flipping. Flipping is micro aspect of market economies that finds the buyer with the most willingness to pay which in turn determines what is correct market price at that time.

By confusing the price adjustments to find correct market price with inflation, you showed us you knew absolutely nothing and just googled that article trying to save some face. You also implied that inflation is 100% bad.

LOL
Incompetence is contagious on these forums.There is no hope for society in 20 years.

Edit: Read this article Inflation defined second paragraph. It pertains to flipping.

You can't even tell the difference between inflation and price correction under market mechanism...and trying to pretend you know the meaning of these words, so cute.

For you dumbass you better learn to walk by googling a basic introduction to inflation before trying to find a 2011 article that looks like your claim (but in fact completely irrelevant with your original statement about flipping cause inflation).

You still have yet to even say anything intelligible about the topic. you have yet to prove me wrong in your own words other than you are stupid kid. GTFO.

Yes inflation is in fact the increase in money into a market, and not the actual inflation of prices, but inflation of gold has to happen before anyone can continue to buy top tier items that people are flipping (buying low and selling high), They alter the supply of a good buy removing it from the system and inflating the prices while the demand is still high. Inflation NEEDS to occur for people to continue to purchase those items.
Inflation is a product of greed, which happen to be exhibited by AH flippers need to buy low and sell high for profit.

You still have yet to even say anything intelligible about the topic. you have yet to prove me wrong in your own words other than you are stupid kid. GTFO.

Yes inflation is in fact the increase in money into a market, and not the actual inflation of prices, but inflation of gold has to happen before anyone can continue to buy top tier items that people are flipping (buying low and selling high), They alter the supply of a good buy removing it from the system and inflating the prices while the demand is still high. Inflation NEEDS to occur for people to continue to purchase those items.
Inflation is a product of greed, which happen to be exhibited by AH flippers need to buy low and sell high for profit.

"You can't even tell the difference between inflation and price correction under market mechanism"
04/29/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Contra
"You can't even tell the difference between inflation and price correction under market mechanism"

EXPLAIN IT, you are not corresponding with a kid, I am willing to admit defeat in light of actual information, but that statement is not information enough to sway my opinions.
You think you are extremely intelligent but apparently have a hard time explaining something that you apparently know very well.

In the words of Albert Einstein" “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”

If you can show me, I may actually believe you are correct but currently you respond like an imbecile, reiterating that same garbage with no information.
04/29/2013 11:16 AMPosted by grovak

EXPLAIN IT, you are not corresponding with a kid, I am willing to admit defeat in light of actual information, but that statement is not information enough to sway my opinions.
You think you are extremely intelligent but apparently have a hard time explaining something that you apparently know very well.

In the words of Albert Einstein" “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”

If you can show me, I may actually believe you are correct but currently you respond like an imbecile, reiterating that same garbage with no information.

Am I paid to teach you common sense? No.

OK, so let me rephrase "You can't even tell the difference between inflation and price correction under market mechanism" into "There is a difference inflation and price correction under market mechanism and please google it yourself two keywords 'market' and 'inflation'"
04/29/2013 11:33 AMPosted by Contra

OK, so let me rephrase "You can't even tell the difference between inflation and price correction under market mechanism" into "There is a difference inflation and price correction under market mechanism and please google it yourself two keywords 'market' and 'inflation'"

Than you for reiterating more garbage and compelling em to believe that you don't have a feasible grasp on the topic to explain, any arguments you make further and previous statements will now be disregarded since you can simply not explain something you know all so well.
04/29/2013 10:13 AMPosted by TheDomonator
Make all items that have purchased off the ah bound on account, however they should still be trade-able between players. This would be a quick fix. It would also help promote player to player trading. I've literally never traded items with another player because there is no need with the ah.
That will make problem worse. By your idea people can still trade gold for item since Bound-Account item can still be trade between players. But what make it worse is people will now ignore the AH and:

1. Blizzard will lose 1EU/15% AH fee
2. D3 now lose one of the best Gold-sink to take gold out of the game. Since there is no fee by trading with other player.
3. It will just force player to use other Websites outside of D3 to sell/buy stuff

Than you for reiterating more garbage and compelling em to believe that you don't have a feasible grasp on the topic to explain, any arguments you make further and previous statements will now be disregarded since you can simply not explain something you know all so well.

Unlike everyone else, I do not hate this idea. I see it's merit, and thank you for sharing it... But overall it's not that great, because it conflicts with so many players interests which as it stands right now are making money via flipping. It would be cool to see flippers take a punch to the sack, and see these really high prices forced down out of the clouds because they only have one chance to successfully sell the item.. I think what we really need is the patch tomorrow, so I can start playing again and having fun across all acts and still get decent exp. and loot, I am so sick of the only public game being The Breached Keep... I have not played in two months just because of this.

Edit: There goin to crucify you for trying to take away there free source of income, I hope you was prepared for that when you posted, don't let it bother you too much...
@Razgries lol I know and I appreciate your feedback. I updated my original post as well. after reading the comments and feed back. I came to the conclusion that the AH as no competitor. I think That introducing the black smith as a solid competitor to the auction house may bring stability to it. Its all in the update for those that would like to read.
Make all items that have purchased off the ah bound on account, however they should still be trade-able between players. This would be a quick fix. It would also help promote player to player trading. I've literally never traded items with another player because there is no need with the ah.
That will make problem worse. By your idea people can still trade gold for item since Bound-Account item can still be trade between players. But what make it worse is people will now ignore the AH and:

1. Blizzard will lose 1EU/15% AH fee
2. D3 now lose one of the best Gold-sink to take gold out of the game. Since there is no fee by trading with other player.
3. It will just force player to use other Websites outside of D3 to sell/buy stuff

Way too many are focusing on the auction house but not the in-game trading. Add in-game trade tax -- below 2 billion igg (5%) vs above 2 billion igg (10%). Idea is add a gold sink to impact 3rd party sites, gold farmers, and hardcore vs softcore trades. There is simply way too much gold floating around. It would be nice if Blizzard would simply add hardcore vs softcore trading in the auction house. I was told they won't because if you bought something hardcore item with $$$ (via PayPal) by using AH, character died with that hardcore item, you could report that you never got the item to PayPal, then PayPal refunds you the $$$.

Perhaps even make it <2 billion igg (10%) and = > 2 billion igg (15%). For those attempting to bypass the 15% by trading multiple < 2 billion igg, they are accessed 15% on subsequent in-game trades within a 24hr period.
i think this is a bad idea because i like buying legendaries for 5k and selling them for millions
Your complaint shouldn't be directed at the Auction House, but at the Bots that buyout items that are listed below a certain price (with certain stats) and re=posted seconds later.
Botting is a problem and Blizz needs to fix it =(
This is most commonly done with "High end" items and gems.

The Trade Post is a nice idea but there are forums for that =p.

You fix the botting problem by removing incentive to bot.

It is a game after all. What is so hard about a reseller's tax? A punitive tax would overnight eliminate much of the AH botting that is currently running rampant.

This is along the same lines as the WoW BG issue of botting. The reason BG bots existed in the first place was that players often found it more desirable to risk being banned and having that mundane exercise automated than to dig through it themselves on multiple characters. This proves point blank that the DESIGN DOES NOT WORK. Such designs need scrapped or repaired in a way that curbs the interest in botting.

In this case, adding a punitive tax to AH tycoon play would stop the AH problems overnight.