Infernal Helm Preorder PS3

Console Discussion
I just wanted to state something here that I think many people are over reacting on. Apparently it was seen at a Gamestop that preordering D3 on PS3 would get you a doublesided poster and a Unique Helm called the "Infernal Helm" that granted Bonus XP on it.

Obviously there are no stat info on it and I have seen people freaking out about it. Heres the thing. It may be a LVL 1 helm with stats you will out level in 8-10 levels, which if this is the case, who cares.

It may be like the Leoric's Signet, and be something you would use while leveling Paragon becuase of the Bonus XP.

It may be like the Hellfire Ring, LV 60, potentially good stats and bonus XP.

We just don't know. However my feeling is this. If they add it in game, should PC get it too, make it a new LEG drop in game, or heck make it a LV 60 Craftable like the Hellfire ring. Something else to farm for?

Adding an Item in a version of the game where Item hunting IS the game to me just seems like a real jacked up move for Blizz to pull...
Or how about giving it to the PC CE's as all we got was Wings that do nothing..

PC sales and the money Blizz makes off the AH payed for the PS3 version..
Or how about giving it to the PC CE's as all we got was Wings that do nothing..

PC sales and the money Blizz makes off the AH payed for the PS3 version..

Waa,Waa,Waa, get over it. If you think for even an instant that the rmah money from D3 could even begin to pay for this your mistaken. my guess is Blizzard is lucky to break even. Remember they accrued cost with service and maintenance. Also companies like Blizzard do not bank on things like the rmah. This is not a constant source of revenue at all. As for D3 money another joke. All the money fromD3 went to the bottom line for Blizzard. I don't think it goes to a bag marked Diablo. I doubt they even share a budget with the Ps3 developers. You sound like a child whining over what you got in your happy meal.
well item preorders are popular with console gamers usually gamestop does that so people will flock to preorder the game especially with the rise of online passes they need those preorders to generate more income so people buy more games new then used but i agree with you we should have got something for preordering the basic game i know the collecters editions of the game had nephelem wings that looked really cool wish i coulda been able to afford them not that im comparing apples to oranges cause the wings were purely cosmetic but still yeah i know what you mean wheres my infernal helm lol anyway im not really worried im probly gonna buy diablo 3 again for the PS3 its a good game to play with my dad hes injured and out of work so i could probly have fun and play it with my dad since he refuses to play ARPGS on the computer i like that it has local co op have many games now a days have that that are actually good besides cheap arcade games that you put down a few hours after you play them ive logged hours of this game and i had a blast really excited for the PS3 version so i can play with my family my dads a noob so hes probly gonna need the Helm :)
I want free stuff too!!!
Actually, it's on the main page for the pre-order that it's a Level 1 armor.

So...yeah. Anyway - there's that.
A pre-order bonus that actually provide benefits to your character other than appearance?

Has this happened for other diablo games?
I think that Helm looks awesome...

just think of the new goodies were getting 1.09...

I got high hopes...
meh its ok. that helm looks dumb as "hell" anyway.

also don't forget, transmog is in the works as well, so those of you who actually like this and are worried that it won't last you very long, there may be that option in the future.
i dont understand where did u get the idea that pc and ps3 versions will be developed at the same time and with the same resources apparently Blizz knows how badly they screwd up with the pc version an now they want to run away from this problem hence the ps3 version.
It was already announced that there will be higher MF for ps3 and they will have offline mode and its possible that there will be no AH on Ps3 so u need to look at it as two separate projects with one name
One thing is clear to me, blizzard is wanting to expand to consoles(more money for them) and this is why the game has taken a huge change since Diablo 2, well that and the fact that they used different crew of developers. On the other hand the game is pretty fun but its just not as addicting as its predecessor, I will only continue to play this game if the Expansion scores high on review otherwise I'm out.
Oh yeah and don't worry I'm sure the helm sucks It is like a fishing lure if you catch my meaning.=)
I think that Helm looks awesome...

just think of the new goodies were getting 1.09...

I got high hopes...

u don't knovv vvhat's coming in 1.09.
04/29/2013 07:50 AMPosted by genrukinx1
well item preorders are popular with console gamers usually gamestop does that so people will flock to preorder the game especially with the rise of online passes they need those preorders to generate more income so people buy more games new then used but i agree with you we should have got something for preordering the basic game i know the collecters editions of the game had nephelem wings that looked really cool wish i coulda been able to afford them not that im comparing apples to oranges cause the wings were purely cosmetic but still yeah i know what you mean wheres my infernal helm lol anyway im not really worried im probly gonna buy diablo 3 again for the PS3 its a good game to play with my dad hes injured and out of work so i could probly have fun and play it with my dad since he refuses to play ARPGS on the computer i like that it has local co op have many games now a days have that that are actually good besides cheap arcade games that you put down a few hours after you play them ive logged hours of this game and i had a blast really excited for the PS3 version so i can play with my family my dads a noob so hes probly gonna need the Helm :)

................ here are some periods for your rant.... It's called punctuation.
They are tacking on the pre-order bonuses to help increase pre-orders. Pre-orders help secure sales for a particular retailer and helps give the folks who are packaging the games, how many to actually ship out to stores. But if you could tell me a pre-order bonus you used through the ENTIRETY of the game (gear wise that gives you a bonus), I will gladly agree that its absurd that they are giving out this helm. ALL pre-order bonuses are usually useless after the first few hours of play and are just a bit of "flair" or "show-off-hey-look-what-I-have-that-you-dont" kinda stuff. I have no problem with the helm and say THANKS Blizz.
I really enjoyed playing d3 for a short time. I haven't played it for months because to be honest the manner in which they launched it and how they patched things in like paragon and monster power systems left me feeling like i am paying $60 to beta test. My question is can I get a copy for my xbox plz lol.