Are character name changes possible?

Technical Support
I've been wondering for awhile if we'd get the option or if it would be possible somehow ticket for a character name change. I have an existing D3 character I really enjoy, but I dislike the name I rolled it with.

It's a service I'd be willing to pay for if it were available, but as far as I can tell it is not. It's very much a personal thing as you only ever see it during quests and on menu screens, but still lends to feeling demotivated/enjoying the character class less.

I'm not sure how hard set the game architecture is in terms of character names, but if it's possible in some way, or if anyone has successfully submitted a ticket for it and had a name change, please let me know.
It is not a service that is offered in D3 that I am aware of and I have never heard a player say they were able to do it. That said, you can always put in a ticket and ask. The worst they can say is no.
05/02/2013 11:53 AMPosted by MissCheetah
That said, you can always put in a ticket and ask. The worst they can say is no.

thats true.
really though i dont see much point.. i mean unless you named them something horribly terrible.
in game you only see your battletag name. really sad they dont make it so the character name is what shows up.
Shows up during quests, story, auction house searching, Battle.NET profiles, and a few other places. I have a few erratic tendencies and it can bother me a lot sometimes.
Batman,

I'm afraid changing a Diablo III character's name isn't an option built into the game currently. That isn't to say it won't ever be, but I've not heard of any plans to make it available.

"A working class hero is something to be...."

Please provide feedback! - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos
Batman,

I'm afraid changing a Diablo III character's name isn't an option built into the game currently. That isn't to say it won't ever be, but I've not heard of any plans to make it available.

"A working class hero is something to be...."

Please provide feedback! - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos

Thank you, this was very concise and exactly what I needed to know.
I would like to add my voice to those who would wish for such a service to be introduced. This is not a technically difficult feat, it adds an extra source of income for Blizzard if launched as a paid service and it would greatly enhance the gameplay of those of us who chose a less than ideal name when the characters were made. I agree with the original poster that while this might not be a large issue, it is a feature that would be appreciated and used by many players, myself included, and as with when the feature was launched in World of Warcraft, will give an incentive to revamp a character one might be interested in playing, and renew the interest in the game.

If this feature is possible to add to the game in an upcoming patch, I'd surely appreciate the idea being given to the designer team and launched as a feature, paid or not, for the active playerbase of Diablo 3.
As far as i understand, other players will only be able to see my battletag no matter which character I use, so it is kinda like all my characters have the same name. but, do anybody know what my real id friends see? I know they can see my battletag and real name, but do they see my character name?
11/08/2013 06:54 AMPosted by JugoJalapeño
As far as i understand, other players will only be able to see my battletag no matter which character I use, so it is kinda like all my characters have the same name. but, do anybody know what my real id friends see? I know they can see my battletag and real name, but do they see my character name?

they don't see ur char name.. would be cool tho.
be nice to have an option to show your characters name ingame, seems abit pointless to name characters when the name doesn't show up
05/02/2013 11:53 AMPosted by MissCheetah
It is not a service that is offered in D3 that I am aware of and I have never heard a player say they were able to do it. That said, you can always put in a ticket and ask. The worst they can say is no.

Batman,

Food for thought

What might be good is to create a new thread or subforum for opinions / thoughts on what people might be willing to pay extra for "after" buying the game. WoW has a number of things that can be purchased like server change or gender change. Would people be willing to pay $25 for each instance though -- character name change, gender change, etc? Collector edition wings? Extra stash slot? Convert hardcore to softcore (never viceversa). That way they could "salvage" dead hardcore character -- revive on soft. Perhaps they decide their connection is too laggy, so let them convert all to softcore. Note: some offered to pay for RoS beta access.
I would like to have this available, at least as long as they don't try to charge you $10.00 to do it like they do for WoW.
You can level a hero in 2 hours or less, then just transfer your gear over. Paragon level is shared in RoS so you won't lose anything. You said you're willing to pay for this service, so just buy some gold on the RMAH and pay someone to boost you, there's plenty of people willing to do it for a price (less than Blizzard would charge for a name change if WoW is anything to go by).
I'm here to add my needs for a namechange. When I made my monk, which would later become my main, for a short while. When 2.0 came in, I picked the game up again, and am now stuck with a name I no longer like :(
Gief name change pls
I would also like to change the name of one of my Characters. I'm making another guy of the same class with the name I want. I'll just change over the gear to the new guy, but it would sure be nice and worth say $10.00 just to change the name through Blizzard and save me the trouble.
Yeah im not comfortable with the idea of people being able to see my battletag however, being only able to the character name would be much more suited. Like Ladyrohn said the service is there in WoW so It shouldnt be impossible in D3.
I would love to see an option to do this, since the names are relatively unimportant. For example, I didn't realize how much I would love my Demon Hunter. I named her Pierce, which is okay. However, I would like to change it to something more fitting to me and what I think of while playing her :)
I won't mind to pay to change the char name as well. push for this option!
I hope they will add this as an option in coming patch..Please Blizz add this option
It would be a great option!