Mechanics And Game Information Compendium

Wizard
Prev 1 16 17 18 37 Next
Hmm interesting, I guess the fire familiar would probably also work. Does the conflagrate debuff show up on players in pvp, could be a good way to test that.
Maybe. If you could test that, that would be great :)
I'll check it out tonight.
apo,

I have a request if you're up to it.

Can you figure out the damage tick rates of elite affixes?

How often does damage tick from things like:
-Orbiter
-Descecrator
-Plague
-Firechains
-Poison Enchanted

Basically the various constant damage affixes.

-dolynick
Yo, apo, just wanted to drop in and report that the new cold blooded does not stack from multiple wizards.
03/04/2014 04:42 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Yo, apo, just wanted to drop in and report that the new cold blooded does not stack from multiple wizards.

Cold Blooded is and was a personal buff, not a group buff, nor a monster debuff. So yeah.

[edit] I was totally wrong. It used to be a personal buff, but is no longer.
03/04/2014 04:42 PMPosted by ChangBooster

Anecdotal observation here, but it seemed very much like the 15% Lightning Skills debuff from Static Pulse was stacking while both Jaetch and I were both using it in a run last night. I seemed to be doing considerably more damage with it while when we were both hopping than I do when playing solo. I'd assume if that is the case, it will also hold true for Gale Force (fire), Snow Blast (Cold), Intensify (Arcane), and Disruption (Arcane).

-dolynick
From the PTR days, I'm pretty sure disruption and intensify stack with each other in solo play but I did not have proper testing tools to say for sure. I am interested in doing a test with 4x wizards running both for lulz just to see what happens.
03/05/2014 08:21 AMPosted by ChangBooster
From the PTR days, I'm pretty sure disruption and intensify stack with each other in solo play but I did not have proper testing tools to say for sure. I am interested in doing a test with 4x wizards running both for lulz just to see what happens.

Yes but I'm not talking about Disruption + Intensify. I'm talking about Static Pulse x2. Or, if it holds true for all the +15% debuffs, Disruptions x2, Intensify x2, etc if you have two people both running it.

-dolynick
03/05/2014 08:45 AMPosted by dolynick
03/05/2014 08:21 AMPosted by ChangBooster

Yes but I'm not talking about Disruption + Intensify. I'm talking about Static Pulse x2. Or, if it holds true for all the +15% debuffs, Disruptions x2, Intensify x2, etc if you have two people both running it.

-dolynick

Yeah I understood. I was just thinking it would be fun to try with 4 wiz running both to see if it stacks that many times. In theory if, say, gale force stacks with itself, it would imply similar active skills do as well but it wouldn't be a bad idea to check them all individually.
03/04/2014 03:31 PMPosted by dolynick
Can you figure out the damage tick rates of elite affixes?

Do we know how damage of those things scales? I imagine frequency alone wouldn't be all that helpful. Or what usecase did you have in mind exactly?

Thanks ChangBooster for the report. That's what I hoped, because it leaves my rule of thumb intact "Identical debuffs don't stack (Wizards only)".
I'd appreciate if anyone could test the stacking behaviour of the other skills dolynick mentioned.
I'll find out if they are additive or multiplicative to the rest of the buffs.
I'd be more than willing to help test the stacking of various elemental skills. 4x15% would very much be welcome and could enable builds currently deemed not worth pursuing.

Disruption especially because it is continuously refreshed rather than having to constantly sub in wave of force for example and because arcane dmg is OP.
Updated.

Arcane Torrent - Disruption
Energy Twister - Gale Force
Ray of Frost - Snow Blast
Disintegrate - Intensify
Wave of Force - Static Pulse

are all additive to the rest. Which is not surprising because we knew that for AT Disruption and it makes sense that the others behave in the same way.

However
Wave of Force - Arcane Attunement
Arcane Orb - Spark

are multiplicative. I even tested if they were instead additive to the "$element deals x% more damage" gear affix, but they are not. They are completely separate multipliers.

Now I think all that's left to do is figure out the multiplayer stacking part.
One other thing I was wondering... Cold Blooded now specifically says "Enemies chilled or frozen by you".
And thanks to ChangBooster we know that two Wizards with Cold Blooded don't get 20% damage.
But what happens if only one Wizard has Cold Blooded? Can the one without it "overwrite" a freeze and cancel the debuff? If no, can he freeze first and "block" the other Wizard from applying the debuff?
Even if none of the above works, what about if the one with Cold Blooded applies a chill and then the one without it ups that by applying a freeze? Does that cancel the debuff?
03/05/2014 09:46 AMPosted by apo
Do we know how damage of those things scales? I imagine frequency alone wouldn't be all that helpful. Or what usecase did you have in mind exactly?

Relevant to the current bugged nature of Deflection and Blade Barrier. Not sure how feasible it is to figure out the details on those elite affixes though. I'm not as concerned with the damage, more the actual frequency that damage is applied.

-dolynick
Oh okay, I get that. Well, I'll put it on the list, but not with a high priority.
Wouldn't be unhappy if someone else did it, or if Blizzard fixed the bug before I get to it ;)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/custerian-wristguards

Uhh, technically this is a game mechanic...

I just took a look at the gold-->XP effect of these and I am get almost exactly 1.25x XP for every gold. This is with a pool of reflection bonus. So, my guess would be 1:1 gold:XP without a pool and you get the 25% pool bonus should you happen to have one active. This test was done on T3 during the pre-RoS 50% XP bonus and an active pool. No XP gear, hellfire on follower, and hellfire on wizard all produced the same ratio. Probably, the XP is affected by pools and nothing else.
03/05/2014 10:50 AMPosted by apo
Updated.

Arcane Torrent - Disruption
Energy Twister - Gale Force
Ray of Frost - Snow Blast
Disintegrate - Intensify
Wave of Force - Static Pulse

are all additive to the rest.

Wait...

You're saying that these are behaving as additive buffs? As in stacking with MW, Sparkflint, etc? Not with other "+elemenatl skills do % more" buffs?

-dolynick
03/06/2014 07:29 AMPosted by dolynick
Wait...

You're saying that these are behaving as additive buffs? As in stacking with MW, Sparkflint, etc? Not with other "+elemenatl skills do % more" buffs?

-dolynick

It would be in-line with how cold blooded now is calculated that way.
03/06/2014 07:30 AMPosted by BDF
It would be in-line with how cold blooded now is calculated that way.

Not really. Totally different wording on the nature of the buff.

-dolynick
03/06/2014 07:31 AMPosted by dolynick
Not really. Totally different wording on the nature of the buff.

-dolynick

I meant that it is a debuff on the enemy that is now lumped additively in with self wpn dmg buffs.