Mechanics And Game Information Compendium

Wizard
Prev 1 35 36 37
Anyone have updated information on Thorns or can point me in the right direction? Also, how does Hack work again? Does it use your proc rate?
12/13/2015 04:30 PMPosted by Malakai
Anyone have updated information on Thorns or can point me in the right direction? Also, how does Hack work again? Does it use your proc rate?

In 2.3:

Thorns Damage = (1 + Intel/100) * Thorns Stat

Hack Damage = Hack Affix % * Thorns Damage * Proc Coefficient

Though I think this might be changing in 2.4
12/14/2015 04:27 AMPosted by BDF
Thorns Damage = (1 + Intel/400) * Thorns Stat

I thought that was pre-2.3? In 2.3 I was under the impression they changed it to get full benefit from mainstat, so (1 + intel / 100) * Thorns Stat?

EDIT: Yeah, here we go.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19859662/patch-230-now-live-8-25-2015

Thorns damage is now increased by 100% of your primary stat damage bonus
Tks, fixed
How is this not stickied?
12/14/2015 07:39 PMPosted by dukeof3arl
How is this not stickied?

It used to be, but they un-stickied it since a lot of the information was outdated. I think they said that if someone updated all the information that they'd sticky it again, but no one wanted to take up the task since it would be quite daunting.

BTW, thanks Tom and BDF for the information about Thorns and Hack. I'll let you guys know if what I had planned for it pans out.
Disintegrate - Channeled - Speed Coef = 3
4 - Chaos Nexus : 0.111 per tick - add. Beam : 0.111 per hit
5 - Intensify : 0.1667 per tick

So, *[please correct me if I'm wrong]: assuming Chaos Nexus hits an enemy and at least 1 beam hits an enemy, then Chaos Nexus >> Intensify in proccing?
And then for every beam you get additional 0.111 proc?
12/16/2015 01:58 PMPosted by Bauble
Disintegrate - Channeled - Speed Coef = 3
4 - Chaos Nexus : 0.111 per tick - add. Beam : 0.111 per hit
5 - Intensify : 0.1667 per tick

So, *[please correct me if I'm wrong]: assuming Chaos Nexus hits an enemy and at least 1 beam hits an enemy, then Chaos Nexus >> Intensify in proccing?
And then for every beam you get additional 0.111 proc?

Yes, that is basically correct. What isn't mentioned is that the Chaos Beams fire at what is roughly a Speed Coef of 2, not 3 like the main beam. You basically get 0.555555 per second with Chaos Nexus in close vs 0.5 per second with Intensify.

Chaos Nexus will drastically out-proc Intensify if you're in a situation with lots of monsters clustered around you in close. With just a few monsters that can all be hit with the main beam, they're fairly close. On the other hand, the proc rate on the main beam is significantly lower than Intensify's, so if you are at range (outside of the chaos beams) then Intensify is going to be have superior proc returns.

-dolynick
right thanks so much mate; I started comparing it in game (just from playing no special tests) and it definitely shows you are correct, thank you again <3!
Bump, because required reading for the influx of new wizzies.
01/27/2016 02:18 PMPosted by grippgoat
Bump, because required reading for the influx of new wizzies.

Not sure if that's the best idea. Unless you want to teach people how things used to work, I would recommend they read something else. Yes, many things still apply. But new Wizards don't know which things.
Hi guys,

Anyone know if Buffs from Unwavering Will are additive or multiplicative with group buffs like voodoo ?

Thanks.
03/20/2016 02:09 PMPosted by ParkerLewis
Hi guys,

Anyone know if Buffs from Unwavering Will are additive or multiplicative with group buffs like voodoo ?

Thanks.

Unwavering Will is in the traditional additive stacking class of buffs. Generally speaking, +% dmg skills that show up in sheet DPS are. +Skill% buffs are the exception since they don't affect all damage so they aren't shown on sheet but they do stack in the same way.

-dolynick