Drop rate might need some clarification

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
05/09/2013 04:35 PMPosted by moon
What about the fact that i'm running mp1 pus and im paragon 54 and havent gotten a leg in 8+ games now..

The changes only affect inferno mp1 and up :)
With the party exp buff and farming act 1 for fun and loots I'm blazing through paragon levels.
If anyone's upset about the "nerfs," I suggest you try playing the game some. It really does balance out, or if anything, you come out ahead. Yeah, they drop less often, but you kill many more mobs with about the same speed, so it's a net gain. Add to that, the fact that it's a lot more fun to wade through a populated map than run through a vacant one and...just try it.
If anyone's upset about the "nerfs," I suggest you try playing the game some. It really does balance out, or if anything, you come out ahead. Yeah, they drop less often, but you kill many more mobs with about the same speed, so it's a net gain. Add to that, the fact that it's a lot more fun to wade through a populated map then run through a vacant one and...just try it.

This was our goal, and we think we were able to get everything to point where it feels like a net gain when you're in the game playing.

Obviously, if you've played and you disagree, let us know. We're still monitoring feedback on the new density changes and would love to hear (see?) if players think we could make some further improvements.
So once again we get the "on one hand see what we did for you isn't it great? "(monster density) then as a side maybe they wont notice "oh by the way no trash mob is worth killing anymore even though there is twice as many"

Why do you insist on giving on one hand and taking away more with the other? Really a STUPID way of doing things.

The goal of increasing monster density was two-fold: 1) play up the fantasy of being a barbarian, demon hunter, monk, witch doctor, or wizard by giving players more monsters to kill and 2) provide viable alternates to Act 3.

(Also, keep in mind that we buffed the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328225?page=3#56"]hell [/url]out of EXP. What's not included in that post is that Enlightened Shrines stack multiplicatively, too.)

Just a little bit of feedback from a self found wizard that likes to do full act clears:

The increased density doesn't really help as I have to play on MP1 which doesn't really work for me since I don't have the DPS. Sure I can do MP 1 but it's slower and I actually get less XP per hour. Maybe if the issue of constantly running out of arcane power was addressed?

The buffed EXP really applies to those who play on higher MPs and have hell fire rings and such. As a self found soloist I actually get less EXP now than before the patch due to nerfing all the XP of mobs. Maybe if you would of buffed the harder mobs while nerfing the easy mobs it would of worked out.

The net result of this patch is I still play act 3, I just get less experience and drops for my effort.
So act three is still most efficient? No qq just wanna know before returning to the game. Thanks
05/09/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Wamdoan
Why do you insist on giving on one hand and taking away more than you gave with the other? Really a STUPID way of doing things.

Nothing new,
ty bleez
Loving the new changes...

I have been stuck running just Act 3 for so long that it is really refreshing to have some other options. Loving Field of Misery! I actually played through Act 4 yesterday, and I haven't been in Act 4 in weeks. I have no complaints about new experience rates.

The one thing that I find truly annoying is that I prefer to solo grind, and I feel like the exp/mf/gf bonus to groups penalizes me for my play style. If I enjoyed multiplayer games, I would still be playing WoW. I started up D3 specifically because it appeared to have a single-player focus.

I ought to have the same exp/mf/gf rates as groups, and I don't see a rationale for why this isn't the case.
"1) play up the fantasy of being a barbarian, demon hunter, monk, witch doctor, or wizard by giving players more monsters to kill"

i sure do feel sucked in to the fantasy when I'm using a hamburger to kill demons :) c'mon now...
05/09/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
If anyone's upset about the "nerfs," I suggest you try playing the game some. It really does balance out, or if anything, you come out ahead. Yeah, they drop less often, but you kill many more mobs with about the same speed, so it's a net gain. Add to that, the fact that it's a lot more fun to wade through a populated map then run through a vacant one and...just try it.

This was our goal, and we think we were able to get everything to point where it feels like a net gain when you're in the game playing.

Obviously, if you've played and you disagree, let us know. We're still monitoring feedback on the new density changes and would love to hear (see?) if players think we could make some further improvements.

NOOOOOOOOO! The one time a blue quotes me and I make a horrible grammatical error. This is unheard of! I'm..I'm...mellllllltiiiiiiiiiing!!!

EDIT: HAH!

This was our goal, and we think we were able to get everything to [THE] point where it feels like a net gain when you're in the game playing.

Lyl made an error too! Vindication! All is once more right with the world, but sadly, not with my head.
05/09/2013 12:50 PMPosted by RemyZ
Is that really as massive a nerf to XP and drops as it looks, or am I missing something?

so it looks, I can't believed Blizz went with such huge changes under the radar!
05/09/2013 05:38 PMPosted by OZH
Is that really as massive a nerf to XP and drops as it looks, or am I missing something?

so it looks, I can't believed Blizz went with such huge changes under the radar!

Its ok you can always use the AH to fill in the blanks as far as drops go!
Lyl made an error too! Vindication! All is once more right with the world, but sadly, not with my head.

I'll let my typo stand just for you. ;)
05/09/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Lylirra

I'll let my typo stand just for you. ;)

Score. As recompense, the next time I'm about to launch into an angry tirade, I'll tone it down ever so slightly.
I have only played in act 1 so far with the new density and I have to say, it was extremely rewarding. I didn't care so much about the drops, I was just so pumped up with the amount of enemies clogging up my screen.

Heaaaaaven.

Yumyumyumyumyum,. give me more.
05/09/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Alenynn
I didn't care so much about the drops, I was just so pumped up with the amount of enemies clogging up my screen.

Those were my feelings exactly. Don't get me wrong, a few beams here and there are always appreciated, but at some point, you'll become so powerful that all upgrades are marginal. Once there, it's all about the sheer satisfaction of smashing face, grouping up with friends, and occasionally running your enchantress over a molten pool to see her wilt and crumple like a daisy in a wildfire.

Okay, I can't be the only one that enjoys that last one!

• By 34% for:
    • Blazing Guardians, Charged Constructs, Chilling Constructs, Frost Guardians, Noxious Guardians, Shock Guardians, Smoldering Constructs, and Toxic Constructs

lol. Makes me wonder how did you guys decide on a number like 34%? Why not 35?
    05/09/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Exile
    I didn't care so much about the drops, I was just so pumped up with the amount of enemies clogging up my screen.

Those were my feelings exactly. Don't get me wrong, a few beams here and there are always appreciated, but at some point, you'll become so powerful that all upgrades are marginal. Once there, it's all about the sheer satisfaction of smashing face, grouping up with friends, and occasionally running your enchantress over a molten pool to see her wilt and crumple like a daisy in a wildfire.

Okay, I can't be the only one that enjoys that last one!

Haha! That's pretty funny. :D SMASH SMASH SMASH!
    I see that the drop chance of individual mobs decreased, but there are so many more mobs right now that I'm drowning in loot, I got >15 legendaries in the last ~8 hours of play. there's no reason for complaints, really.
    Lots of nerfs for small weak monsters, but what about buffs for the big baddies? Mallet Lords, Collosal Gorgers, etc etc, are still undertuned.