Diablo 3 Expansion or Diablo 4

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
D3 is fine as it is dont need a diablo 4 maybe 1 expansion and thats it
I want diablo to rip its flesh off and become a terminator
D3 exp, as long as there's more than one to come, we need more acts!
Diablo 3 expansion

I'm among the few who feels D3 is the best of the franchise and want to see it improve even further. Diablo 4 so soon would be premature.
I agree D3 CAN be way better than the first 2 games. The biggest thing imo is itemization the game is ALL about it and atm D3 as very poor itemization so once that patch hits i believe D3 will be know as the best game of the Diablo franchise.
D3 EXP no doubt here

Itemization and character balance need to be key fixes

The biggest issue I see with itemization is you have too many dynamics causing itemization to be too complicated to balance effectively

attributes scale with weapon
ex:
stats scale per item level something like this:
lvl 0-15 = 25-75
lvl 16-30 = 76-150
lvl 31-45 = 151-225
lvl 46-60 = 226-300

less random attributes
stats need to be more aligned with class specific items except VIT being a universal stat. (no str/dex on wands and remove INT and replace with RES-ALL on non class specific weapons. )
Pickup radius needs to be set at 15 yards and remove it from items as an attribute.

A level 60 item shouldn't have lvl 25 item stats or dmg/arm

As far as skills go I say remove cooldown on skills (ex: frost nova( create a chance to freeze and have an 80% slow monster movement speed for 5 seconds) that way the skill is still usefull, but not overpowered and permafreeze doesn't exist
Diablo 3 expansion

I'm among the few who feels D3 is the best of the franchise and want to see it improve even further. Diablo 4 so soon would be premature.

Expansion please! Diablo3 is already awesome,,, please show something of it at blizzcon ;<
there will never be an diablo 4 -.-
05/10/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Magister
Diablo 4. Drop this piece of garbage and go back to what Diablo is supposed to be (a sequel to Diablo 2, not a series reboot).
05/23/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Kajuan
Diablo 4. Drop this piece of garbage and go back to what Diablo is supposed to be (a sequel to Diablo 2, not a series reboot).

YES, to me D3 should be marked as non-cannon, I'd prefer a new game starting from where D2 LOD ended, with improved D2 itemization, character customization, strategy (skill tree's, your own builds), dark and gritty tone, epic story, proper PVP. As for the gameplay, combat and graphics, it could stay as from D3 but with much better balancing and staying true to the Diablo series.

PS Bring back the Diablo font and Matt Uelmen :)
05/10/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Ic1HooksTV
I'd be happy if they'd just FIX what we've got!

QFT. a proper expansion could boost the D3 experience quite a bit if done correctly. I'm still hopefully for a turn around.
Diablo 4.

No patch will change the core problems of this game.

Outside maps will never be really random.

Dungeons will never be random unless they completely redesign the graphics to be less detailed and more randomized. (Gameplay above Graphics !)

There will never be an open world or cool quest rewards.

They already said that open PvP is something that won't happen cause the game isn't desinged to support it.

And even after a year they still don't get how to fix itemization.

Sure they can fix this game, but it will never be as epic as everyone was hoping for.
Diablo 3: A Realm Reborn! >_>
05/10/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Tricsun
You mean wait for it to do the same thing that Diablo 2 did, since that game was pretty bad pre-expansion as well?

No it wasn't?
Personally I would like to see the Diablo franchise tabled in favor of dedicating more resources to Titan.
Diablo 4, everything is too far gone to be fixed here, in order to solve the problems they would need to completely overhaul everything.
With the current dev team, NEITHER.
you wont see Diablo 4 in at least another decade!!! theyll be expansions for 3. But doubt 4 will come out in less than 5-7 years. Mark my words...
I'd like to see them move away from this type of game. They have clearly demonstrated that they have no clue how to create an ARPG and really took out most of what was fun about Diablo 2... So move on. I'm intrigued by Hearthstone. I think it will be a blast to collect cards and use the FTP model. Titan will be the next WoW. They are going to drag it out until they feel WoW has reached it's end, then drop Titan.

I think we've seen then end of Diablo with #3. We will probably get an expansion. Very few people will care about it... I'm even concerned that Starcraft will end after the next expansion. They just don't make enough money off of it. I'd expect Hearthstone to do relatively well, but Blizzard is going to focus its efforts on Titan to make sure they don't lose the MMO lead to any other company.

It's pretty well established that there are other companies that can make better ARPGs. I still think Blizzard is tops in the MMO and RTS genres. Expect them to focus their efforts there.
Diablo 4 is too soon. And this game is far from unfixable it just needs a few things and its ready for some expansion fun!

•itemization fix

•end game added (endless dungeon, horde mode, randomized added maps)

•character customization

Give us these three changes and then start building a awesome expansion pack.